U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-20-2011, 08:31 AM
 
6,441 posts, read 4,288,081 times
Reputation: 13537

Advertisements

Today my eyes are not as gritty and itchy as yesterday. gritty .... gritty ... hmmmm..... Has someone been tossing grits through my windows??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-20-2011, 08:35 AM
 
5,273 posts, read 6,405,789 times
Reputation: 14920
The sweetest thing that made my day so far was my son coming up to me and saying "I am so lucky to have a mom like you" !! I just about melted! Priceless. No money in the world can buy this!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2011, 09:28 AM
 
Location: Looking over your shoulder
29,780 posts, read 26,838,416 times
Reputation: 79134
^^ That is so wonderful When I was growing up my parents had shown love and respect for one another; nice things were always said each day to one another. Never did we go to bed without an "I love you" at the end of the day. Parents teach their kids directly and indirectly, we need more good parents..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2011, 10:02 AM
 
Location: grooving in the city
7,371 posts, read 5,691,819 times
Reputation: 23506
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
^^ That is so wonderful When I was growing up my parents had shown love and respect for one another; nice things were always said each day to one another. Never did we go to bed without an "I love you" at the end of the day. Parents teach their kids directly and indirectly, we need more good parents..
So very nicely said, Aks. I agree with you 100%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2011, 10:03 AM
 
Location: grooving in the city
7,371 posts, read 5,691,819 times
Reputation: 23506
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
The sweetest thing that made my day so far was my son coming up to me and saying "I am so lucky to have a mom like you" !! I just about melted! Priceless. No money in the world can buy this!
That is so very sweet. Wow, moments like that, make you realize how much you are loved as a Mom. Awesome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2011, 10:04 AM
 
Location: grooving in the city
7,371 posts, read 5,691,819 times
Reputation: 23506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty_FL View Post
Today my eyes are not as gritty and itchy as yesterday. gritty .... gritty ... hmmmm..... Has someone been tossing grits through my windows??
Ya, you gotta wonder. O/T has turned into a very gritty place. Hope you feel better soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2011, 10:05 AM
 
Location: grooving in the city
7,371 posts, read 5,691,819 times
Reputation: 23506
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
I left the house in a hurry I made sure all the burners were off and nothing on the stove top, so I thought. I was gone for hours. When I got back home I could smell something burning as soon as I opened the door. It was the egg carton on top of the stove I thought I turned off.. It didn't burn, the house was no worse off and that is a good thing
Glad it all turned out well for you, sun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2011, 10:23 AM
 
Location: playing in the colorful Colorado dirt
4,486 posts, read 4,341,007 times
Reputation: 6937
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
I left the house in a hurry I made sure all the burners were off and nothing on the stove top, so I thought. I was gone for hours. When I got back home I could smell something burning as soon as I opened the door. It was the egg carton on top of the stove I thought I turned off.. It didn't burn, the house was no worse off and that is a good thing
Oh girl, you're so lucky!

When my FIL died we inherited his antique kitchen stove, I replaced my stove with it as it was bigger. The control knobs just turn, no push in and turn. Well, one of our cats figured this out. We came home one day to a burning smell. The cat had turned on a burner on and knocked a spice jar down while making her exit. Fortunately, it was a glass jar but the label had burned.

Now, I remove all the knobs when i'm not cooking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2011, 10:30 AM
 
Location: The Chatterdome in La La Land, CaliFUNia
38,803 posts, read 19,607,360 times
Reputation: 35847
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
I left the house in a hurry I made sure all the burners were off and nothing on the stove top, so I thought. I was gone for hours. When I got back home I could smell something burning as soon as I opened the door. It was the egg carton on top of the stove I thought I turned off.. It didn't burn, the house was no worse off and that is a good thing
WOW! I'm grateful you guys did not have a fire. Thank GOD!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2011, 10:31 AM
 
Location: The Chatterdome in La La Land, CaliFUNia
38,803 posts, read 19,607,360 times
Reputation: 35847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty_FL View Post
Today my eyes are not as gritty and itchy as yesterday. gritty .... gritty ... hmmmm..... Has someone been tossing grits through my windows??
It was Nomad ... He lives in FLA, remember
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top