U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-13-2012, 12:01 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 11,467,591 times

Advertisements

Sorry to hear about your friend and his wife, Aks. Yes, I can't imagine being a widow at that age.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2012, 03:38 PM

8,544 posts, read 1,475,334 times
I've had a nice day - a Marilyn Monroe Day. Got some chores done this morning, then
settled down to MM. First I watched some documentaries about Some Like It Hot, then
the film. After I watched a fim about the making of Somethings Got To Give, her unfinished
film. At the end of this, the people at 20th Century Fox, had put together, from footage
shot, a half hour version of the film. It was mesmerizing to see footage put together to make
a version of the first half of this uncompleted movie. To see Marilyn, Dean Martin and Cyd
Charise go through their paces was really interesting. They had enough footage for it to make sense. What a shame it weas never finished. I recognised it, as the film they made later
with Doris Day named Move Over Darling. Marilyn looked just beautiful - such a shame.

Old 01-13-2012, 07:09 PM

I didn't realize that Move Over Darling was a "re-make" of Something's Got to Give. Thanks for the info, Dave. Interesting, too, that it starred Doris Day, the polar opposite of MM, according to publicity, anyway.

Old 01-13-2012, 07:18 PM

6,441 posts, read 2,182,963 times
English Dave, War Horse starts for you this weekend, right? I still haven't pulled myself away and gone to see it. Be sure to give us your review after you see this Spielberg movie that I'm guessing is splendid! I haven't looked at local reviews so will wait for yours.

Old 01-13-2012, 07:24 PM

Yeah, Doris Day signed up for 'Move Over Darling' not long after Marilyn died. The old
girl is still about. She owns a hotel in Carmel, California. How much she has to do with
the day to day running of the place I don't know, as she is well in her 80s now.

Old 01-13-2012, 07:31 PM

Will do Kitty! I'll go see 'War Horse' probably Tuesday (cheapest day). I know, I know,
tight as a ducks a****!!! I thought Judy was back home Tuesday, but as she informed
me in a phone call tonight, it's thursday. Apparently, she told me a few weeks ago, that
her tuesday flight was cancelled, and she had to come back thursday, I got the usual "do
you ever listen to anything I tell you David?". That's the trouble with us men, we only
hear about one word in five. Normally that just about covers it!!!

Old 01-13-2012, 08:04 PM

Dave, don't get me started...DH and I just tried installing some equipment for our cable and, needless to say, it wasn't pretty.

Anyway..

Doris just released a new album...do you believe that?? She's well into her 80's and is still going strong. God bless her.

G'night, all.

Old 01-13-2012, 08:26 PM

5,501 posts, read 2,494,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
The husband of a friend of Mrs has passed away from his treatment of cancer at the VA hospital and Mrs Aks & I will be attending the funeral services or we should say “celebration of life” services this afternoon. He was remembered by so many and lived a good life however being only 55 years of age is too young to leave a wife behind. We look forward to this afternoon and better days coming for Mrs Aks’s friend, some people can adjust quickly to the loss of a spouse and I believe she is one of them. Memories of them will never be forgotten but moving on in life is important for everyone.
I'm sorry to hear that Aks. My father died of liver cirrhosis at 54 and you're right, a tremendous loss that took a long time, not just for my mom, but the entire family as well...to recover from.
I lost my 24 yo son to MI and have not fully recovered yet...the main reason why I like to laugh a lot. Life is too precious!

Old 01-13-2012, 09:23 PM

6,441 posts, read 2,182,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
I'm sorry to hear that Aks. My father died of liver cirrhosis at 54 and you're right, a tremendous loss that took a long time, not just for my mom, but the entire family as well...to recover from.
I lost my 24 yo son to MI and have not fully recovered yet...the main reason why I like to laugh a lot. Life is too precious!
I'm so sorry for your losses and can only imagine the grief of losing a child. I agree, life is precious and goes on with individual decisions to laugh or not. You've made the right decision, I think.

Old 01-13-2012, 09:51 PM

5,501 posts, read 2,494,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty_FL View Post
I'm so sorry for your losses and can only imagine the grief of losing a child. I agree, life is precious and goes on with individual decisions to laugh or not. You've made the right decision, I think.
Thanks Kitty and to life's wonderful and mysterious healer!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics