U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2012, 06:31 PM

29,750 posts, read 26,780,300 times

Advertisements

^^ Looks too big for a humming bird! Great photo Pam
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2012, 06:57 PM

I had to run an errand and go Walgreens this afternoon and while I’m there a very nice young lady with a big smile came over to say hi. She’s an old friend that I met about a year ago at the coffee shop down the street. I was amazed that she remembered me and happy that she’s keeping a positive outlook on her daily issues and struggles. I wish I knew how to help her out but yet not invade her life. She’s a proud mother of a teenager who has now entered her first year of college.

I guess my point is,,,,, it’s nice to be remembered by others while out during the day.

Old 01-21-2012, 07:44 PM

3,185 posts, read 2,122,551 times
Default A good thing.

I saw a wonderful play -- Sylvia -- at the Las Vegas Little Theatre today. Story about a stray dog, Sylvia, who is taken in by a middle-aged man who is going through a mid-life crisis. His wife doesn't like the dog -- she's just getting to an exciting point in her career and the children have left home -- so a power struggle ensues. Very funny play with some good messages and a happy ending.

Old 01-22-2012, 02:07 PM

1,011 posts, read 1,037,301 times
This is huge! A gay person from the green party goes to round 2 !!!! Cannot believe how things are changing and this is real good . He just destroyed 2 facts: being a gay is a problem and: being green is a problem. No matter if he does not wind round 2 because he won already!!!! And so did our country by being open minded!!! ... I can hear my dad and grandparents to turning in their graves .

Old 01-22-2012, 06:51 PM

412 posts, read 570,485 times
Had a fascinating encounter today... Was helping a friend move a home gym she bought from a friend. This friend happens to be a "psychic". Ok, I'm not really into that and all, but she walked into the room and looked at me and rattled off all these things that I've been planning and working on for a year now. Right down to places, and specific names. She told me I was on the right track, but needed to work harder to make things happen, and specifically that I should have taken the opportunity last time it presented itself. Then named off someone who was like a grandma to me, and has passed away. Said she was watching and cheering me on. NO POSSIBLE WAY she could have known such specific things. It was mind-blowing and gave me goosebumps, but cool at the same time. I just may have to have a bit more of an open mind when it comes to this kind of thing.

Old 01-22-2012, 08:29 PM

7,371 posts, read 5,681,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by esnox82 View Post
Had a fascinating encounter today... Was helping a friend move a home gym she bought from a friend. This friend happens to be a "psychic". Ok, I'm not really into that and all, but she walked into the room and looked at me and rattled off all these things that I've been planning and working on for a year now. Right down to places, and specific names. She told me I was on the right track, but needed to work harder to make things happen, and specifically that I should have taken the opportunity last time it presented itself. Then named off someone who was like a grandma to me, and has passed away. Said she was watching and cheering me on. NO POSSIBLE WAY she could have known such specific things. It was mind-blowing and gave me goosebumps, but cool at the same time. I just may have to have a bit more of an open mind when it comes to this kind of thing.
That's really cool. It would be hard to have anything but an open mind after an experience like that...it kind of blows your mind, doesn't it??

Old 01-23-2012, 08:39 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,679 posts, read 16,768,161 times
My mom's cousin was like that. I've been a believer since meeting her when I was 12. It's nice to know who your "guardian angel" is.

Old 01-23-2012, 12:41 PM

My sister and brother-in-law stopped to visit while they were traveling in route to Calif to visit their daughter later in the week. We met up with them at their favorite restaurant when here and enjoyed some time eating and talking. Sadly they had to leave early this morning to continue on, but we were able to enjoy some time while they stopped here. Maybe next time they’ll be able to stay a few days and relax.

Old 01-23-2012, 01:00 PM
Status: "The violence and killing has to stop!!." (set 2 days ago)

4,089 posts, read 2,386,162 times
I'm on a cleaning spree today!!!

Old 01-23-2012, 01:58 PM

14,506 posts, read 23,184,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Mrs Aks had a doctor appointment this morning to have her large toe nails checked out. They are black & blue from a day back in late Oct of extensive door to door walking when we volunteered to help a political candidate run for mayor. He won the election! However the poor toe nails didnít look so good after she removed the polish. Thus it was time to visit and get a professional opinion on just what should be done at this time. He called it turf toe and explained that itís common when athletes (runners, hikers, etc) overdo themselves. Nothing to do now but let them grown out naturally and avoid any medical treatment. Mrs Aks is happy with that idea, but Iím not happy with what heíll charge for his opinion and no medical services.

Life is good because Mrs Aks is happy!
Nice story. Do you have any young brothers, or cousins...better yet please clone yourself, she is lucky to have such a caring sensitive husband.

I have fond memories in Boca when I needed minor hand surgery from a fender bender. The ex was angry he had to drive me to surgery ...yet 2 years ago when needing a hip replacement I was supposed to hear complaints 24/7 about his pain (plus he got addicted to the pain killers).

I can smile about it now though, theres light at the end of the tunnel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or