Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2012, 05:14 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,883,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
My good thing is that I've not killed anyone today....yet.....
......yet...... that worries me! lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2012, 05:53 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
You're safe, Aks...too far away!

I was just in a lousy mood most of the day....luckily, those days are few and far between.

Old 02-09-2012, 05:55 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post

Time for a good news day. However little, small or big it was each day we have some “good news” item that happened to us. How did your day go

Saturday Feb 7th 2009

I had several things that turned out to be good news today. My wife and I were shopping and got several great deals that we needed and were looking for. Doesn’t sound like much but it was good news to me and we saved money at the same time.

Also while shopping I found a cell phone left on a display shelf by a customer. I took it to customer service who called the number in the directory named “DAD” and they asked it he would tell one of his kids that their phone was left in the store. So I had another good news day making someone else very happy.
Can't help but read your little story - titled "good news day" - it caught my eye - if it was bad news - I would have not bothered - sounds like you got some satisfaction from being a good and civilized person - congrats!

Old 02-09-2012, 06:11 PM

3,958 posts, read 2,573,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopedelivers View Post
WF with all of us rooting for you and crossing everything we have there is no way your not going to ace that job.

TY to everyone who had kind words regarding my son's reportcard!. Tomorrow we go to an assembly at his school for all honor roll students in middle school. There are speeches of course and then they get a group picture taken and then it is hung in the lobby of the school. One proud mom.

ANS wow that was when I first started seriously reading is when I also read "Flowers in the Attick!". My heart ached for those children probably because I was a teenager when I read it. From then I just read and read and read. Your imagination can take you places you never thought you could be.

AskerbeN It's nice to hear you had a good talk with you Aunt. Here too I only have two left that I treasure dearly.
I had some nice interactions with the GM. I called to check on the job (As I said before, I think... she is waiting on our background checks to come through).

Then, I remembered that I told her that I left one of my jobs because of ankle surgery and did not mention there are no problems at all now. I emailed her quick and she said thanks! Phew!

So, no news is good news.

Thank you! I do have a lot of support here! Thanks to everyone.

Old 02-09-2012, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taigagirl View Post
I know the feeling. My good thing is he finally left. I actually considered throwing a piece of KFC at him, for making some really rude sexual remarks, then I decided it would be a waste of chicken. So far, that's my good thing today. Holding my temper back (which rarely goes into action), thus saving a piece of chicken. How sad is that??
Awwe, Taiga... I wish he'd quit! I am glad you saved the chicken though! You are very right- it would been a waste of a good piece of chicken. When interacting with him, use this as the bench mark- is fighting him worth a piece of chicken?!

Old 02-09-2012, 06:24 PM

NOw, that would all depend...is it original or extra crispy??? These details are important.

Old 02-09-2012, 06:24 PM

Quote:
You're safe, Aks...too far away!

I was just in a lousy mood most of the day....luckily, those days are few and far between.
Here is to a new and better day for you!

May you have a new sneakers kind of Friday!

Last edited by Wild Flower; 02-09-2012 at 06:49 PM..

Old 02-09-2012, 07:47 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,831,695 times
Quote:
NOw, that would all depend...is it original or extra crispy??? These details are important.
Exactly. It was original, with lots of crispy skin. I don't think we can buy extra crispy in the GWN anymore.

Old 02-09-2012, 09:08 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,020,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taigagirl View Post
I know the feeling. My good thing is he finally left. I actually considered throwing a piece of KFC at him, for making some really rude sexual remarks, then I decided it would be a waste of chicken. So far, that's my good thing today. Holding my temper back (which rarely goes into action), thus saving a piece of chicken. How sad is that??
Taiga ... We need to get you down here to taste some Popeye's chicken ... Way yummier than KFC ....

Old 02-10-2012, 08:07 AM

Oh, yeh, Chatt...I agree. LOVE Popeyes. Unfortunately, it's not in our food plan right now.

Thanks, WF, for the "new Sneakers kind of day" - I like that. So far, so good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics