U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-05-2012, 03:01 PM

1,790 posts, read 926,036 times

Advertisements

Well it didn't happen today. I had no computer access when it did. Anyway... about three weeks ago someone spoke a compliment to me. I now have almost four years of taxi driving experience. And in that time I had never had such a spirit lifting comment as... "Thank you for being a cab driver. Putting up with all types of people and saving alot of lives". I was rather shocked. And nothing for quite some time has shocked me. This person had planned on being the D.D. of the night. But her and her two friends decided she could join in because of taxis. I, of course, appreciatively thanked her. I then commented that I also get people to school, work, doctors' appointments, grocery shopping, etc..

Have you thanked your cab driver today?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2012, 04:44 PM

6,441 posts, read 2,145,671 times
My car and I are like The Lone Ranger and Silver, always together. So I've used a taxi very few times in my life. My taxi driver experience was always pleasant with one exception. A few years ago several people from my work group were flying to another city for a meeting and a shuttle bus would be picking us up from our homes, four different people in a certain vicinity, and then to DFW. Arriving back at DFW, the others had friends/relatives pick them up but I don't bother people so got in line for the same shuttle. There were plenty of others there trying to get people to use their shuttle, blah blah. We were told that it was close to an hours wait for any of our preferred shuttle to make it back. It was apparently preferred by all. So ... I asked one driver to confirm that he was headed for my part of the metroplex. He said sure, he was. As it happens, a man gave him a few dollars to take him to the opposite side of the metroplex and the other two people in the shuttle also lived way over there and way back over there. I rode around in that frickin' shuttle bus for nearly three hours. The driver lied to me, flat lied. My tip to the other shuttle was $20. The liar did not get a cent.

That's not exactly a taxi driver but that's my story. It's nice to know that some of your customers give you compliments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shroombeanie View Post
Well it didn't happen today. I had no computer access when it did. Anyway... about three weeks ago someone spoke a compliment to me. I now have almost four years of taxi driving experience. And in that time I had never had such a spirit lifting comment as... "Thank you for being a cab driver. Putting up with all types of people and saving alot of lives". I was rather shocked. And nothing for quite some time has shocked me. This person had planned on being the D.D. of the night. But her and her two friends decided she could join in because of taxis. I, of course, appreciatively thanked her. I then commented that I also get people to school, work, doctors' appointments, grocery shopping, etc..

Old 04-05-2012, 10:18 PM

37,764 posts, read 12,021,462 times
I caught an earlier bus this evening ... I had a conversation with the driver about how difficult it is for me to catch his bus on Thursdays and he agreed to wait a few extra minutes to allow me time to get to the stop from the train station

Old 04-05-2012, 10:37 PM

582 posts, read 542,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shroombeanie View Post

I try to when I use one. Last time I needed one was a few weeks ago. I needed a ride to the airport and was traveling in my dress blues. A gentleman in his 50s pulled up, grabbed my bag, put in the trunk and prepped to get back in before I could get a word in. He knew it was me by my nameplate. Long story short, turns out he was a former Marine and while I am not, I gre up in a Marines household, so I know how it is. We had a delightful conversation about everything and nothing at all. He was anticipating the birth of his 3rd grandbaby and I was on my way to lay my best friend in the world to eternal rest. So it definitely was a juxaposition of extremes but he absolutely made my, what I believed would be a somber ride to the airport, a little more enjoyable. When I got there, I thanked him for the public service he provides. He said the ride was on the house. I told him was crazy and gave him his due. And off he went.

So thank you shroombeanie for your great public service.

Old 04-06-2012, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
I caught an earlier bus this evening ... I had a conversation with the driver about how difficult it is for me to catch his bus on Thursdays and he agreed to wait a few extra minutes to allow me time to get to the stop from the train station
That's a very considerate thing for a bus driver to do!

Old 04-06-2012, 11:25 PM

24,133 posts, read 16,208,651 times
An old friend from work stopped by midmorning to visit and spent about three hours talking with me about many different issues and topics. Life is good, he said he might retire this fall. Hope he gets a chance to do that.

Old 04-06-2012, 11:34 PM

15,921 posts, read 4,722,162 times
Had our egg hunt with the Z-boy this morning, since he won't be with us this weekend. Then got new cushions for my patio furniture!

Old 04-06-2012, 11:38 PM

37,764 posts, read 12,021,462 times
It's the weekend!

I had a nice long lunch with two girlfriends at Mimi's Cafe and we had lots of laughs.

Old 04-07-2012, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
It's the weekend!

I had a nice long lunch with two girlfriends at Mimi's Cafe and we had lots of laughs.
Your post reminds me of another reason I want to be back in Texas! Mimi's Cafe was my favorite place to eat in Frisco.

Old 04-07-2012, 03:32 AM

Good thing Wednesday. While at the vet with my cat, I got to pet two mini and very nervous Greyhounds and a beautiful red Cocker Spaniel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics