U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2012, 05:13 PM

11,874 posts, read 9,330,616 times

Advertisements

Even though I can't be there, I just heard from my son's dad and the boy is finally graduating from college
There's a smaller ceremony tonight for the Spanish & Portuguese graduates and the big to-do tomorrow.

Praise God da boy is done with school
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2012, 09:00 PM

39,357 posts, read 14,429,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJoy View Post
Even though I can't be there, I just heard from my son's dad and the boy is finally graduating from college
There's a smaller ceremony tonight for the Spanish & Portuguese graduates and the big to-do tomorrow.

That's wonderful news, Joy!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Automotive, Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 05-10-2012, 11:56 PM

25,084 posts, read 13,912,186 times
I bought this old lady, I am fond of perfume for mother's day- Ralph Lauren, but she happened to mention her favorite is Estee Lauder Youth Dew. I was afraid u couldn't return Fragrance items but I was happy to find out you can; plus, the Youth Dew gift set is only half the price of the Ralph Lauren & u get a free gift as a bonus too. It is a total win/win. I will be giving joy and getting an unexpected gift for myself. And that is a very good thing!!!

Old 05-11-2012, 04:48 AM

51,669 posts, read 12,647,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
I bought this old lady, I am fond of perfume for mother's day- Ralph Lauren, but she happened to mention her favorite is Estee Lauder Youth Dew. I was afraid u couldn't return Fragrance items but I was happy to find out you can; plus, the Youth Dew gift set is only half the price of the Ralph Lauren & u get a free gift as a bonus too. It is a total win/win. I will be giving joy and getting an unexpected gift for myself. And that is a very good thing!!!
You did good,sun queen.

Old 05-11-2012, 05:31 AM

8,830 posts, read 9,746,380 times
Yay! I found out last night that my best friend who lives in Florida is coming to visit!! I miss her so much, we've been friends for 35 years now and some day I hope she can move back here permanently. We're going to have a pajama party Sunday night, drink beer, eat nachos and play Backgammon.....woo hoo! It's going to be a great Mother's Day!

Old 05-11-2012, 06:18 AM

51,669 posts, read 12,647,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Yay! I found out last night that my best friend who lives in Florida is coming to visit!! I miss her so much, we've been friends for 35 years now and some day I hope she can move back here permanently. We're going to have a pajama party Sunday night, drink beer, eat nachos and play Backgammon.....woo hoo! It's going to be a great Mother's Day!
Have a great time together but don't drink too much.

Old 05-11-2012, 06:43 AM
Status: "I cannot wait for the heat to break..." (set 3 days ago)

20,368 posts, read 25,488,669 times
The sun is shining...finally. Time to go to the local yard sales and the library. Ooh....fun for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
I have lots of work to do ... Planning my summer vacation
Cool...where are you going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJoy View Post

Congratulations.

Quote:
That is good news.

Quote:
Woo hoo.....sounds like a fun time

Old 05-11-2012, 07:06 AM

38,803 posts, read 19,567,429 times
Quote:
That's so sweet of you and glad it all worked out
Quote:
Awesome! Enjoy your time with her!
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Cool...where are you going?
I haven't made up my mind completely but I want to travel to multiple cities on the East Coast including a return trip to NYC (so much I did not do last year), DC, Philly, Boston and maybe Hershey's PA (Chocolate themed city)

Old 05-11-2012, 11:48 AM

14,506 posts, read 23,180,936 times
Found a discount broker for house issue.

But now have to clean again, lol.

[not my favorite!]

Old 05-11-2012, 10:56 PM

38,803 posts, read 19,567,429 times
Well ... Mother's day is always a tough day for me to endure since I lost my mom 17 years ago. This year, instead of staying at home trying to avoid feeling excluded and depressed, I decided to buy a ticket to see the Cirque de Soleil show IRIS in Hollyweird as well as spending some time exploring Hollyweird. I'm excited and cannot wait.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or