U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2012, 11:04 PM

29,755 posts, read 26,797,076 times

Advertisements

Yeah,,,, I lost my mom about 12 years ago and there are times that it’s not easy to deal with some memories of her that we shared.

I just got to thinking that wouldn’t it be nice to buy some flowers and visit a senior center or home for the elderly and give them to someone there who might not have anyone come to visit them this Mothers day? Just a thought! What a way to light up someone else’s day!

If not a senior center what about that little old lady that lives alone down the street who might enjoy a few minutes of time and a nice gesture of a mothers day gift.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2012, 03:45 AM

38,803 posts, read 19,581,662 times
My girlfriends just kidnapped me tonight at midnight for a few hours ... We had lots of fun and laughter. I needed that

Old 05-12-2012, 03:47 AM

114,041 posts, read 52,407,971 times
I woke up and was alive! Why in hell am I up at this hour??

Old 05-12-2012, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post
I woke up and was alive! Why in hell am I up at this hour??
Because you are just itching for your QOTD fix

Old 05-12-2012, 07:39 AM
Status: "I cannot wait for the heat to break..." (set 9 days ago)

20,368 posts, read 25,511,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
I haven't made up my mind completely but I want to travel to multiple cities on the East Coast including a return trip to NYC (so much I did not do last year), DC, Philly, Boston and maybe Hershey's PA (Chocolate themed city)
Very cool. So many choices. How much time do you have? I would love to do the Maine coast and see NH and Vermont again....of course if i am up that far I should go to Niagra Falls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Found a discount broker for house issue.

But now have to clean again, lol.

[not my favorite!]
Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Well ... Mother's day is always a tough day for me to endure since I lost my mom 17 years ago. This year, instead of staying at home trying to avoid feeling excluded and depressed, I decided to buy a ticket to see the Cirque de Soleil show IRIS in Hollyweird as well as spending some time exploring Hollyweird. I'm excited and cannot wait.
That's good. Celebrate the day. I am estranged from my mother and I feel more sad that it had to be that way. Oh well....I guess you'd have to know my family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Yeah,,,, I lost my mom about 12 years ago and there are times that it’s not easy to deal with some memories of her that we shared.

I just got to thinking that wouldn’t it be nice to buy some flowers and visit a senior center or home for the elderly and give them to someone there who might not have anyone come to visit them this Mothers day? Just a thought! What a way to light up someone else’s day!

If not a senior center what about that little old lady that lives alone down the street who might enjoy a few minutes of time and a nice gesture of a mothers day gift.
What a great idea. There are so many lonely people out there who could use some cheering up.

Old 05-12-2012, 08:47 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,679 posts, read 16,774,587 times
Chat, that sounds terrific. I'd love to see Cirque; wish I were nearby, I'd join you! Sounds like you and your girlfriends had a fun even last night, too. Dam! I miss all the fun stuff!

Lisa, I totally get that. Mom and I aren't estranged, but my father and I were.

Aks, as always....great ideas.

Old 05-12-2012, 09:43 AM

We ran all the errands yesterday and got things done without any problems or issues. Today is a free "stay at home" day,,,,, then this evening we're going out to celebrate a graduation with some friends at one of our most favorite places to enjoy good cooking.

Old 05-12-2012, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post

Good idea ... I'll have to do this sometime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Very cool. So many choices. How much time do you have? I would love to do the Maine coast and see NH and Vermont again....of course if i am up that far I should go to Niagra Falls.
I'll need to do the New England coast trip and Niagara Falls (both sides of the border) eventually. I was originally planning to do a cruise that had a stop in Newport, RI but the day at port was too short but it seemed like an interesting town to visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
That's good. Celebrate the day. I am estranged from my mother and I feel more sad that it had to be that way. Oh well....I guess you'd have to know my family.
Thanks Lisa I was very close to my mom and my sister who both passed away (dad died when I was young and never got to know him). My remaining sister, I am not as close to and cannot handle her negativity. It's unfortunate but I need to live my life and cannot please everyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Chat, that sounds terrific. I'd love to see Cirque; wish I were nearby, I'd join you! Sounds like you and your girlfriends had a fun even last night, too. Dam! I miss all the fun stuff!
Awe shucks! You moved to FLA versus So CaliFUNia to get away from all that snow so that's why ya missing all the fun If you'd live closer, you'd definitely would be welcome to join me for an afternoon in Hollyweird with Cirque de Soleil. You seem like a fun person to hang with

Old 05-12-2012, 12:05 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,679 posts, read 16,774,587 times
Are you kidding me?? If you could hear the grief I get from my mother about having moved 1500 miles away from her...I can't imagine what it would be if I'd moved 3000 miles away! :O

Old 05-12-2012, 04:00 PM

I was able to find some replacement batteries that I needed for the cordless phones in the house today at one of our big box stores. The price was a little more than what I could buy them online for however I didn’t have to give the online supplier my credit card number. This eases my mind; I hate using credit cards for online services.

While on the subject about batteries,,,,, my mother in law (92years young) had the battery replaced in her heart pacemaker. She’s doing very well with the new one and back home enjoying life again. It’s going to be a nice mother’s day having her around for another year or so……
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or