U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-12-2012, 04:38 PM

15,920 posts, read 4,613,154 times
All my outside plants are doing wonderful, thanks to the past few days of much needed rain!

Every one left the house today, to give me some peace, quiet & relaxation!
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2012, 11:12 AM

23,787 posts, read 15,765,663 times
We had a graduation dinner for a special young man who finished four years of aerospace engineering and will start school again for his masters. The dinner went very well at our special little restaurant with family and friends. What an honor however to be part of his life and his families. This is our adopted family of a single hard working mom who has gone through so much in life trying to take care of three kids on her own. She has done a terrific job and it is reflected when seeing the boys and her daughter. What an honor to have them as part of our family!

{Be the change that you wish to see in the world. ~ Gandhi}

Old 05-13-2012, 11:44 AM

2,761 posts, read 1,824,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
We had a graduation dinner for a special young man who finished four years of aerospace engineering and will start school again for his masters. The dinner went very well at our special little restaurant with family and friends. What an honor however to be part of his life and his families. This is our adopted family of a single hard working mom who has gone through so much in life trying to take care of three kids on her own. She has done a terrific job and it is reflected when seeing the boys and her daughter. What an honor to have them as part of our family!

{Be the change that you wish to see in the world. ~ Gandhi}

Those dinner parties can be so special, and fun, too. It's good that you had a(nother) special moment with your adopted family. The mom must be very proud, and it sounds like YOU are, too.

Her efforts certainly paid off, and it's good that she's here to see some of the results. I wish her and her family many more special moments, and lots of good times.

Old 05-13-2012, 09:33 PM

37,711 posts, read 11,673,146 times
Had a nice time today hanging out in Hollyweird where I got to take some photos with some "characters" including Michael Jackson and Spiderman (who was posing on a trash can) LOL! I also saw a well-choreographed Cirque de Soleil show "IRIS" ... How da heck do they contort their bodies in all those positions and balance each other? WOW is all I can say

Old 05-13-2012, 09:53 PM

23,787 posts, read 15,765,663 times
^^^ They practice by having ten of them all together spending the night sleeping inside a SMART car.

Old 05-13-2012, 11:23 PM

1,577 posts, read 994,768 times
So, I had my two children and their families over last Sunday, to celebrate the gift they they have been to me and my privilege to be their mother. My husband asked me last week if I wanted the two of us to go out for dinner. My quick response was, "No!"

So on Saturday, I received a great card from him, and today, he barbecued salmon and corn-on-the-cob. Incredibly delicious! I made a drink from fruit juices and sugar-free ice cream. Later this evening, he cut open a watermelon, and I sank my teeth into my first of this year.

Wow. He really treated me right, and technically, I am not the mother of his children. What a sweetheart!

Old 05-14-2012, 02:17 PM

Location: Going back to the forest to be with nature's goodness.
14,369 posts, read 6,007,750 times
I went to work twice, went to the market, took my wife to work and fixed my air conditioner.
.....lol! Then I drank 3 beers!

Old 05-14-2012, 08:25 PM

25,085 posts, read 8,530,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelcroQueen View Post
So, I had my two children and their families over last Sunday, to celebrate the gift they they have been to me and my privilege to be their mother. My husband asked me last week if I wanted the two of us to go out for dinner. My quick response was, "No!"

So on Saturday, I received a great card from him, and today, he barbecued salmon and corn-on-the-cob. Incredibly delicious! I made a drink from fruit juices and sugar-free ice cream. Later this evening, he cut open a watermelon, and I sank my teeth into my first of this year.

Wow. He really treated me right, and technically, I am not the mother of his children. What a sweetheart!
How lovely... I am so happy to share in ur good news.

Old 05-15-2012, 04:10 PM

1,812 posts, read 637,563 times
I got to be in a commercial today! At my job (love saying that!) they shot a commercial for the greenhouse. There was about ten of us standing in front of the store and we said: "We love to get dirty!", then we threw a handful of dirt!

It was great fun!

Old 05-15-2012, 04:42 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 11,119,447 times
^^a star is born!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics