U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2012, 10:28 PM

38,803 posts, read 19,564,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Good news Mrs Aks had several medical tests done this morning and the outcome is that everything is fine. She especially liked the staff who seemed to be very thorough in doing their job.
Awesome news!

Chatteress survived the heat without melting or becoming a crispy critter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2012, 08:58 AM

6,441 posts, read 4,277,549 times
Quote:
Good news Mrs Aks had several medical tests done this morning and the outcome is that everything is fine. She especially liked the staff who seemed to be very thorough in doing their job.
That's wonderful news, Aks!

Old 09-05-2012, 09:15 AM

51,669 posts, read 12,645,733 times
Quote:

That's great news!

Old 09-05-2012, 11:52 AM

3,244 posts, read 1,022,223 times
Default Guess what happened??? Go on!!! Guesssssss!!!!

DH just called me on his lunch break and sang my song to me!!! He hasn't done that in a while! I believe I really love that man! So I went and found it on YouTube and wanted to share it.

Dion - Ruby Baby ( 2 VERSION ) 1961 Columbia LP.wmv - YouTube

Old 09-05-2012, 04:32 PM

6,441 posts, read 4,277,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Wilfong View Post
DH just called me on his lunch break and sang my song to me!!! He hasn't done that in a while! I believe I really love that man! So I went and found it on YouTube and wanted to share it.

Dion - Ruby Baby ( 2 VERSION ) 1961 Columbia LP.wmv - YouTube

Love it! I had not heard that in a looooooong time! Even the cat liked it! He's napping right next to the speakers and it inspired him to actively lick his paw!

Old 09-05-2012, 06:36 PM

29,745 posts, read 26,770,148 times
My sister called long distance and we had a civil conversation for a change. Makes me wonder what she's up to.

I called my old high school friend and provided some information that I researched for him and that he needed. He's been having some trouble while his out of state and away so this was very helpful. I think he's stuck between a rock and a hard spot. However he too said that one of his other issues and problems got resolved this morning.

Old 09-05-2012, 06:46 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,679 posts, read 16,763,920 times
Aks, so happy to hear the Mrs. is healthy. We must be related. That's usually the way I hear from my family. Oh, well...you can pick your seat, but ya can't pick your family.

Old 09-05-2012, 06:50 PM

12,054 posts, read 19,640,051 times
Quote:
Wonderful news and always such a relief to have that outcome.

My good thing today is that I met someone for the first time and she did not believe me when I told her how old I was. She seemed genuinely surprised, which really surprised me.

Old 09-05-2012, 08:26 PM

3,647 posts, read 4,631,085 times
Hello all. Another day with some good financial news! Won't go into the details, but I do agree with a third party about a dollar amount. They should have already deposited some monies IMHO but I can live with next week if the total correct dollar amount goes forward. I cannot tell you how much strain this will take away. I will really relax when I see this occur next week but this is a huge step forward.

And more good news! I came home to find a sack of fresh okra hanging on my doorknob. Yum -- this is the beginning of a delicious weekend meal. My neighbor had brought it from work. Someone had shared their bountiful crop at work with her department and she gave me some. What a wonderful neighbor.

I'm so glad that we have this thread. As I've said before, there are so many people still struggling, trying to rebuild or just trying to keep on an even keel financially. A longtime friend's husband had just gone back to work in Feburary after extended unemployment. She me today that the job is gone.

Also, I am amazed at the postive attitude of our posters with health issues or family members with health issues. It brings tears to my eyes when I hear about some of their challenges and yet they are so kind and comforting to others.

Keep up the good work everyone. The power of positive thinking does work and this thread is proof. What a fantastic group of people!

Old 09-05-2012, 10:08 PM

38,803 posts, read 19,564,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SXMGirl View Post
Wonderful news and always such a relief to have that outcome.

My good thing today is that I met someone for the first time and she did not believe me when I told her how old I was. She seemed genuinely surprised, which really surprised me.
Had a nice first day at my new assignment and liked my supervisor who is very helpful. I spent this afternoon with a friend I haven't seen in months so it was a nice time to catch up ... Tomorrow I'm off so now my dilemma is ... What type of FUN can I have in CaliFUNia????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or