Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2012, 11:14 AM

126,277 posts, read 19,048,524 times

Advertisements

All my 4 University kids showed up with their luggage of laundry...x4...lol. When they entered the house my heart was filled with warmth...til I saw all there bags of laundry. But they are clever, they know how much I love flowers and champagne, so smart my darling ,,little'' Angels ! lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2012, 06:39 PM

3,646 posts, read 5,420,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
I went to the grocery store today and received over $10 in free items. Promotions if you spent $20, you also took home: 2 lbs of bananas, a loaf of bread (the good kind), a jug of Simply Orange orange juice (not from concentrate) and a bag of potato chips (any flavor). I had a "$5 off my next purchase" coupon with me, too. I ended up paying $15.35 less than it would have totalled. Last week's promotions were a dozen eggs, an avocado, 2 liter soda (a brand name), and a bag of tortilla chips. I liked this week's better but who's complaining? It was free!
This is my kind of grocery shopping!

Old 11-10-2012, 06:43 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,883,423 times
Mrs Aks & I spent the day with our adopted family at ASU. Her two sons are participating in an engineering science fair open to the public. We were invited to attend and see what they are working on at school. Wow,,, what an impression of how much they can do in college these days. We had a great day at the fair and then took all of them to a late lunch where we enjoyed some great food and service. I'm so impressed with the youth today and how well they do at college, their mom raised three excellent students even with all of the struggling she has to do for them and herself. Single moms with three kids to raise have their hands full!

Old 11-11-2012, 09:56 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,883,423 times
My old friend has finally moved back to our hometown and is staying temporarily with a family member but hates it. He is on a limited income and can’t afford much in the way of housing. However this evening I was able to find two great locations that were low priced and in good areas that would (or should) work for him. I’m calling him first thing in the morning.

Although I don’t like to trust Craigslist I find it so helpful in “some” cases like this…..

Old 11-12-2012, 03:04 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,250,958 times
Friends like you are hard to find, Aks. I hope one of those places works out just right for your friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
My old friend has finally moved back to our hometown and is staying temporarily with a family member but hates it. He is on a limited income and can’t afford much in the way of housing. However this evening I was able to find two great locations that were low priced and in good areas that would (or should) work for him. I’m calling him first thing in the morning.

Although I don’t like to trust Craigslist I find it so helpful in “some†cases like this…..

Old 11-12-2012, 03:28 PM

19,208 posts, read 16,696,914 times
They sure are, DK. AksarbeN, you are "good people."

Okay. Nothing good has happened yet but it's about to. I'm heading back to the store with my $5 off coupon and a new list of the free items being offered this week. I don't know how long this store is going to keep this up but I'm lovin' every minute of it.

Old 11-12-2012, 04:32 PM

48,132 posts, read 22,004,457 times
I love the "buy one get one free" promotions at my mkt...but you have to watch....sometimes it is buy 2 and get the third one free.....I dont want or need to stock up that far in advance and the savings is 1/3 instead of 1/2

But the good thing is the buy 1 get 1....it enables me to make a donation in kind to the food pantry thru my church.

Old 11-12-2012, 04:35 PM

48,132 posts, read 22,004,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almrausch View Post
All my 4 University kids showed up with their luggage of laundry...x4...lol. When they entered the house my heart was filled with warmth...til I saw all there bags of laundry. But they are clever, they know how much I love flowers and champagne, so smart my darling ,,little'' Angels ! lol
There is no way in heck that I would do that wash for them.....I would take them to the laundry room and give them instructions...and tell them to "do it yourself"......that is really taking advantage of you. One kid coming home is sort of a joke.and I would do it and gridge and tease about it but, 4 kids with their duffle bags of stinky dirty clothes.... is inconsiderate and disrespectful. I wouldnt do it.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:24 PM

Quote:

Okay. Nothing good has happened yet but it's about to. I'm heading back to the store with my $5 off coupon and a new list of the free items being offered this week. I don't know how long this store is going to keep this up but I'm lovin' every minute of it.

Yeah!!! Keep up the good work!

Old 11-12-2012, 08:26 PM

Quote:

This is funny. I called in to pay the water bill tonight because I couldn't find it.Usually I'm very organized but have really been busy. The lady said that I didn't owe anything because I had paid it twice last month!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics