U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2012, 11:50 AM

3,707 posts, read 6,580,540 times

Advertisements

Grandson will be 2 1/2 on Dec 4. He has a little brother or sister scheduled to make an appearance in April.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2012, 01:22 PM

3,244 posts, read 1,024,000 times
I took Grace to see the neurologist today and he was very pleased with her improvements! Yea! So many times we've been to see him and she'd never show off for him, but today she pulled out the works and said, "Mom" quite loudly as well as showed him how she could take fruit loops out of the smiley face container I had them in. Woo hoooo! Grace does not like to put her hands into bags or containers, but this one is small and she only has to put her fingers in to get what she wants. I was so proud of my girl and the doc was amazed. After all these years he got to see what she really can do and now the things she's beginning to say too! Such an awesome day my friends! Such a very, incredibly, amazing day with my Amazing Grace!
Life and God is very, very good!

Old 11-19-2012, 03:16 PM

3,647 posts, read 4,638,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Wilfong View Post
I took Grace to see the neurologist today and he was very pleased with her improvements! Yea! So many times we've been to see him and she'd never show off for him, but today she pulled out the works and said, "Mom" quite loudly as well as showed him how she could take fruit loops out of the smiley face container I had them in. Woo hoooo! Grace does not like to put her hands into bags or containers, but this one is small and she only has to put her fingers in to get what she wants. I was so proud of my girl and the doc was amazed. After all these years he got to see what she really can do and now the things she's beginning to say too! Such an awesome day my friends! Such a very, incredibly, amazing day with my Amazing Grace!
That's wonderful, Ruby.

Old 11-19-2012, 03:35 PM

15,926 posts, read 7,019,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrtechno View Post
Grandson will be 2 1/2 on Dec 4. He has a little brother or sister scheduled to make an appearance in April.
Quote:
Lot's to be Thankful for, my CD friends!

Old 11-19-2012, 03:49 PM

17,507 posts, read 18,676,654 times
Quote:
Good news Ruby.

Old 11-19-2012, 04:09 PM

6,441 posts, read 4,285,160 times
Oh, what a happy day for you and Grace! She is beautiful and so very special. Lots of hugs and prayers for Grace, always.

Quote:

Old 11-19-2012, 08:06 PM
Status: "The violence and killing has to stop!!." (set 11 days ago)

4,104 posts, read 2,392,690 times
Quote:

Fantastic!!!!

Old 11-19-2012, 08:22 PM

3,707 posts, read 6,580,540 times
Quote:
Wonderful

Old 11-19-2012, 09:27 PM

29,767 posts, read 26,819,081 times
Thumbs up unconditional kindness

This was an interesting day,,,, it started with the down side of having to go into the SSA office to get things corrected (again). However afterwards we stopped at a little café that we enjoy and had a great lunch.

While eating lunch I noticed there was a little red electric scooter coming slowly along the sidewalk out front and then stopped right beside the window of the café; a small frail senior male was driving this special unit to the café. I say “special unit” because the scooter was decked out with a canopy to help reduce the hot desert sun while driving around. The elderly gentleman carefully and slowly removed himself from the scooter and stood beside it while trying to open up one of those collapsible (folding) white canes that the visually impaired use all the time. Of course I should have figured that he was visually impaired because he had special dark sunglasses that also come around on the sides to help reduce the light entering and thus making it easier on the eyes. The white cane opened into a long tapping stick to help guide him towards the front door where he attempted to enter the café. My heart plunged for the moment as he was trying to make his way carefully. Just as I became worried for this very elderly man and felt that I should do something, another older senior male seating at another table closer to the door quickly got up to help the elderly electric scooterman enter the doorway and come into the café.

He directed scooterman to an unoccupied table where he sat down and waited for the waitress to come take his order. So here we have two old seniors (very old) one helping the other when I realized that they didn’t know one another but were total strangers. I then also noticed that the one senior (who was already inside and eating lunch was with his daughter) was wearing a leather vest and on the back was the word NAVY written above a large Navy seal or crest and a ball cap with WWII Veteran . It was nice of him to help the other guy who had arrived on the electric scooter. Looking again more closely at the scooter outside I saw a stick standing upright at the back of it with a red flag and gold markings of USMC. I just realized that I’m seeing an old Navy man helping an old Marine get inside and to find a table for lunch. Both men had to be up in their 80’s with their white and gray hair; and both men had served their county during WWII.

It touched me to see two total strangers have the unconditional kindness and love for one another. Yes, it was a good day for all of us today. We simply need a little more of this type of human interaction with each other.

Last edited by AksarbeN; 08-28-2013 at 11:14 PM..

Old 11-19-2012, 10:40 PM

3,647 posts, read 4,638,010 times
Aks, thank you for sharing this story. Good luck with the SS issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or