Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2012, 07:34 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,883,423 times

Advertisements

It was sunny clear and 80 degrees out today while running errands. I was able to take a quick click of the Camelback Mtn view from the nearby golf course. They had just reseeded a number of bare patches which attracted a huge amount of birds coming to feed. After a visit with the physical therapist Mrs Aks and I continued to run some additional errands and visited the Biltmore shopping center where I was able to get a picture of the Poinsettias stacked into the shape of the Christmas tree. Another great day to be outside in Az.

Last edited by AksarbeN; 08-28-2013 at 10:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2012, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antiquesmountainapache View Post
Aks, I know you'll need a little help spending the winnings!
LOL ,,,, yes I know..... I already figure that there will be another 424 people just as happy as I would be. All I want is the first million and the rest to others will be just fine.

Old 11-27-2012, 07:13 PM

3,646 posts, read 5,420,743 times
Aks, thanks for posting the pictures. The mountains are gorgeous and I absolutely love the Christmas tree from the poinsettas!

Here is a tiny thing that just made my day. I have a neighbor who works very long hours so I haven't seen her much since the time changed. I had some extra dessert that was a new recipe and left it on her front porch with a note a few days ago. Today there was a note on my patio table thanking me for the dessert and being a special neigbor. The note was so thoughtful!

Old 11-27-2012, 09:56 PM

I worked with a neighbor most of the day and got a project completed that has been ongoing for some months now. It’s finished! Yeahhhhhhhh Now I can forget that and start another one after the first of the year.

I also was able to talk with my sister who had been given some bad health news last week. She’s been taking some tests, CT scans and on Thursday they will do a biopsy to see more clearly what they need to do and how best to treat the cancer. Unfortunately she is the mother of my niece who also has pancreatic cancer that has spread. What a mess, mother who has health issues taking care of her daughter who also has issues……. Life seems to dump on people sometimes. The daughter is in the middle of her treatment and things are improving but there’s a long way to go yet.

Things will get better for the two of them....

Old 11-28-2012, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
I worked with a neighbor most of the day and got a project completed that has been ongoing for some months now. It’s finished! Yeahhhhhhhh Now I can forget that and start another one after the first of the year.

I also was able to talk with my sister who had been given some bad health news last week. She’s been taking some tests, CT scans and on Thursday they will do a biopsy to see more clearly what they need to do and how best to treat the cancer. Unfortunately she is the mother of my niece who also has pancreatic cancer that has spread. What a mess, mother who has health issues taking care of her daughter who also has issues……. Life seems to dump on people sometimes. The daughter is in the middle of her treatment and things are improving but there’s a long way to go yet.

Oh Aks, sorry to hear this.

Old 11-28-2012, 05:47 AM

Default Qotd

Quote:

Old 11-28-2012, 06:35 AM

3,399 posts, read 3,090,894 times
I bought a scratch-off lottery ticket and it was a $20 winner. I don't think I will need help in spending this "big" winner (but I will have fun spending it on Christmas stocking stuffers).

Old 11-28-2012, 06:55 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,250,958 times
Ongoing prayers for your sister and her daughter. Special thoughts and hugs for both.

Quote:

Old 11-28-2012, 07:05 AM

126,277 posts, read 19,048,524 times
Quote:

Thinking of you and your loved ones and I will put a special prayer in tonight ...Stay strong and positive...

Old 11-28-2012, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rural chick View Post
I bought a scratch-off lottery ticket and it was a $20 winner. I don't think I will need help in spending this "big" winner (but I will have fun spending it on Christmas stocking stuffers).
^^^ Outstanding! Mrs Aks bought several of the power ball tickets when they said it pot was going to be $425 Million,,,,, now the pots at $1/2 Billion...... I only want to win ONCE so this week will be just fine. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics