Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2013, 04:01 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,869,458 times

Advertisements

I managed to get some errands ran this morning and was able to have lunch out at a new place in town which I enjoyed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2013, 05:58 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
I spent a lot of time preparing a Chinese style dinner and hubby loved it.

Old 02-27-2013, 07:37 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,012,380 times
^^^ Aaaand I wasn't invited??

Coworker drove me home from work so instead of getting home after 7pm, I got home at 6:10pm

Old 02-28-2013, 06:58 AM

126,264 posts, read 19,031,286 times
MY DH and I were able to dig ourselves out of 4 ft snow-slush-ice piled up in front of our driveway,courtesy of city plows. It took us 2 hours to do that armed with garden shovels to split the huge pieces. Our whole street had to do that...not fun if you have to to that at 5:30 am in order to get out of your driveway just to get to work.

Old 02-28-2013, 08:10 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
^^^ Aaaand I wasn't invited??

Coworker drove me home from work so instead of getting home after 7pm, I got home at 6:10pm
That darned mail system...your invite should have arrived in plenty of time.

Yay for coworkers...sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almrausch View Post
MY DH and I were able to dig ourselves out of 4 ft snow-slush-ice piled up in front of our driveway,courtesy of city plows. It took us 2 hours to do that armed with garden shovels to split the huge pieces. Our whole street had to do that...not fun if you have to to that at 5:30 am in order to get out of your driveway just to get to work.
Alm, I feel your pain. When we were northerners, the poor guy across the street from us would shovel his driveway and it always seemed like the minute he finished, the plow would come along and, thanks to the way his drive was positioned on our cul-de-sac, it would dump a huge mound of snow right at the very end. I swear there was an alarm that would sound in the plow's cab telling the driver that he'd just finished shoveling. If hubby happened to be around, he'd go out and snow blow it for him.

Old 02-28-2013, 09:35 AM

24,447 posts, read 25,978,821 times
Bas snowplow driver.

Scumbag Snow Plow Driver Brags About Burying Cars In Boston - YouTube

Old 02-28-2013, 10:05 AM

19,201 posts, read 16,675,444 times
I don't like seeing anyone lose their job but this guy deserved it. Scumbag is right!

Old 03-01-2013, 11:12 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,869,458 times
A couple of weeks ago my laptop was starting to have issues where the screen would flicker off & on with video. I remembered that I bought it with a credit card that provided an extra years’ worth of insurance coverage beyond the normal factory. Well low and behold I was just a few months away from the end of the extra years warranty on the pc. I called them to see what was needed and they told me to take it anywhere I wanted. They said they would pay for the cost of the diagnostic checkup but to contact them before any repairs.

After getting the information on how much it was going to cost and forwarding that estimate to them, they contacted me with their sad news. It wasn’t going to be fixed because of the high cost of repair work and parts just didn’t make it worthwhile. However they would credit my account with a “very nice” dollar amount to cover 74% of the actual value of the pc, and that I could retain the pc in the event that the software could be recovered and put onto another machine. This seemed to be GREAT news, getting a dollar amount back that I could put towards a new pc, even though I didn’t want a new laptop and still loved my old one over the new units on the market.

So this morning I stopped by the repair shop and picked up the laptop. It appeared that the problem was too big and costly to repair, however after getting it turned on and running my initial screen problem has disappeared totally. And the laptop seems to be working just fine. My thoughts are that while the tech was working on the screen cabling from the lid to the base of the unit, he must have made a much better “connection” with the wires. Now it works fine and I don’t have to get a different laptop to use. Life is good once again, I get my old pc working and I get a repair/replacement paid for.

who said old things don’t work well and can’t continue being used? LOL

Old 03-01-2013, 02:16 PM

24,447 posts, read 25,978,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
A couple of weeks ago my laptop was starting to have issues where the screen would flicker off & on with video. I remembered that I bought it with a credit card that provided an extra years’ worth of insurance coverage beyond the normal factory. Well low and behold I was just a few months away from the end of the extra years warranty on the pc. I called them to see what was needed and they told me to take it anywhere I wanted. They said they would pay for the cost of the diagnostic checkup but to contact them before any repairs.

After getting the information on how much it was going to cost and forwarding that estimate to them, they contacted me with their sad news. It wasn’t going to be fixed because of the high cost of repair work and parts just didn’t make it worthwhile. However they would credit my account with a “very nice” dollar amount to cover 74% of the actual value of the pc, and that I could retain the pc in the event that the software could be recovered and put onto another machine. This seemed to be GREAT news, getting a dollar amount back that I could put towards a new pc, even though I didn’t want a new laptop and still loved my old one over the new units on the market.

So this morning I stopped by the repair shop and picked up the laptop. It appeared that the problem was too big and costly to repair, however after getting it turned on and running my initial screen problem has disappeared totally. And the laptop seems to be working just fine. My thoughts are that while the tech was working on the screen cabling from the lid to the base of the unit, he must have made a much better “connection” with the wires. Now it works fine and I don’t have to get a different laptop to use. Life is good once again, I get my old pc working and I get a repair/replacement paid for.

who said old things don’t work well and can’t continue being used? LOL
Back up your data ASAP to be safe.

Old 03-01-2013, 05:51 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,012,380 times
It's FRIDAY! Woohoo! Look out weekend cause I'm coming

Also, a coworker is gonna join me for lunch tomorrow and help me out with some things ... I'm so grateful that she's taking time out of her personal schedule to help me with this issue
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics