Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2012, 07:44 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,016,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Tomorrow's my last day for the semester and I'm off for a few weeks ... Oh what shall I do with myself?? Of course ... I gotta ensure that those knuckleheads over in La La Land County Court does not try to recruit me for a jury Of course, I have my scripts ready to make myself as undesirable as possible as I'm determined to enjoy my time off
Boy! Did I ever post so soon ... The one thing about my industry is that my schedule is constantly "evolving" and it looks like I'm back at work the first week of June! LOL! Oh well ... I need the money and grateful for the extra hours offered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2012, 11:35 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,880,923 times
^^ Good news,,, now if that could only happen for a few others who would enjoy the extra time and money.

Old 05-24-2012, 12:36 PM

An old friend called to see if we could get together for lunch today. "yes" it looks like we'll be having some good food and conversation at one of the special places we use to go to years ago when we worked together. I called just to make sure they were still open for business.

Old 05-24-2012, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
An old friend called to see if we could get together for lunch today. "yes" it looks like we'll be having some good food and conversation at one of the special places we use to go to years ago when we worked together. I called just to make sure they were still open for business.
Have fun Aks! Enjoy your day

Old 05-24-2012, 05:24 PM

Things worked out very well and I enjoyed the lunch & time we spent. I forgot how busy it gets during the mid-day crowd but we managed. I learned some new things that was happening and provided some insight as to issues that he never even thought about. So it was a good day all around.

Old 05-24-2012, 10:58 PM

1,577 posts, read 2,252,083 times
Glad it all happened!!

Old 05-25-2012, 12:09 AM

I took the first of three exams for this class I'm taking online and received a 100%. *phew* Some of those questions were challenging and I had to literally guess on a few! It was a little nerve-wracking as I could not proceed to the next module unless I got at least 28 out of 35 correct. Hopefully, I can finish this class (or at least most of it) by the end of next week so I can get my certification AND enjoy the rest of my summer

Old 05-25-2012, 08:35 AM

1,906 posts, read 1,615,563 times
This actually happened yesterday, but it ended so late I didn't get here to post it.

A woman left an anxious message on my answering machine, but she had dialed the wrong number. I called her back to let her know she did not reach the party she was hoping to talk to, and she seemed sad. I could tell she was frail and elderly. Together we found the right number in the phone book, but she said she couldn't see it well, or write it down, so I offered to call the number for her. She appreciated that.

I called the person she had originally intended to talk to, but got only an answering machine. Without leaving my own name and number, I left the name and number of the woman who had called me by mistake, and asked if she would please call her back. I did what I could to help, and hoped the woman would return her call.

The second woman must have Caller ID, because late last night there was a message on my answering machine from the woman I had called, thanking me by name for calling her and letting her know the first woman was trying to reach her.

It was so unexpected, and so kind, it made me a little misty-eyed.

Old 05-25-2012, 09:11 AM

^^^ That's so nice of you to help out like that.

Old 05-25-2012, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
I took the first of three exams for this class I'm taking online and received a 100%. *phew* Some of those questions were challenging and I had to literally guess on a few! It was a little nerve-wracking as I could not proceed to the next module unless I got at least 28 out of 35 correct. Hopefully, I can finish this class (or at least most of it) by the end of next week so I can get my certification AND enjoy the rest of my summer
Congratulations on the test. Job well done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics