Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2012, 08:12 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,862,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
Trying to look on the bright side of things:

• The doctor says my husband's attack of cardiac arrhythmia wasn't serious, probably just too much caffeine.
  • Even though we had to cancel our dinner out, I had some homemade tuna casserole in the freezer and ingredients to make salad.
  • The electricity came back on after only an hour.
  • The Netflix DVD that wouldn't play was all right after I buffed it with a soft cloth.

Well Done!
It only takes a minute to think of something positive! And without it, you entire day can go badly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2012, 01:06 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,862,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Had a nice time at a concert with two friends ... I was so grateful that the decibel level wasn't as bad as I feared and was able to enjoy the music. I even managed to enjoy myself despite being verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry high up by staying put in my seat! LOL! (gulp) ... This was taken from my seat and if you can see across that extremely HIGH section? That's how high up we were but yet, I survived! LOL!

I wish I could go to a concert like that. Non of the old bands that I enjoy are around anymore. And I don't like large groups of people also.

Old 08-31-2012, 06:26 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,008,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
I wish I could go to a concert like that. Non of the old bands that I enjoy are around anymore. And I don't like large groups of people also.

Yeah ... The crowds are a bit much but I enjoyed myself ... I rarely get a chance to do live concerts so glad I was able to do this one. There's another free one next weekend at Dodger's Stadium in LA that I'm planning on going ... Same organization but different artists

Old 08-31-2012, 07:52 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,905,909 times
Default Just an all-around good day!

I started out taking a friend to the airport, came home and did some sewing/repair on a friend's special occasion blouse, then spent the afternoon volunteering at my local hospital foundation. Though I've been retired for almost three years, the icing on the cake was that one of the foundation professional staff asked me if I would consider being a mentor. It's good to be appreciated!

Old 08-31-2012, 08:46 PM

3,646 posts, read 5,417,265 times
Very good thing! Went to the grocery store and bought 26 things for $32.00 and change. Yippee! These were either sale or Publix brand items, which I really like. And no, I didn't have any coupons (lol). I would put a smily thing if I could find one.

Old 09-01-2012, 02:27 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,980,956 times
I just read a story of a guy that took a neighbor child hostage. The Chief of Police talked the guy into letting the 8 year old go and give himself up. In the photo it shows the Chief walking with his arm around the guy, leading him from the house. They said the guy may have been on some type of drug. To me it showed the officer was trying to help the guy rather than hurt him. It's nice to see a happy ending and a bit of compassion by officers too. By the way, this happened in Cebu, in the Philippines. One doesn't usually see compassion like this, especially in the states.

Cebu City cops rescue eight-year-old girl from hostage-taker | Sun.Star

Old 09-01-2012, 02:38 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,332,590 times
In July we had a new HVAC system put in through Costco's program and today we got a 1K gift card. Went to Costco and stocked up on groceries that will last us almost until the holidays. It was really nice not to have to take the money out of our bank account.

Old 09-01-2012, 05:12 PM

6,434 posts, read 5,247,752 times
In the checkout line at the market today, the man in front of me began to take money from his wallet, looked at the total and advised the cashier there was a mistake. His purchases were twelve cans of one of those special diet drinks. I had watched the cashier scan one then punch the keys to tell it times 12. Somehow, the register had not picked up x12 and the amount was just for one. The cashier looked tired and hadn't noticed and would have concluded as it was. The customer did the right thing and paid up!

Old 09-01-2012, 06:27 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,008,142 times
I am pooped but had a nice time today at Little Tokyo (Downtown LA) where I participated in a food tour. Me and the other participants were introduced to several unique things at about 8 restaurants/shops within Little Tokyo ... Unfortunately, I discovered guava flavored mochilato and I MUST return for those little balls of heavenly bliss! LOL! At least I brought home some Imagawayaki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imagawayaki

Last edited by Chatteress; 09-01-2012 at 06:36 PM..

Old 09-01-2012, 07:14 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,252,043 times
Sounds wonderful, Chatt. Glad you had a good time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics