Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2009, 06:33 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,869,458 times

Advertisements

Time for a good news day. However little, small or big it was each day we have some “good news” item that happened to us. How did your day go

Saturday Feb 7th 2009

I had several things that turned out to be good news today. My wife and I were shopping and got several great deals that we needed and were looking for. Doesn’t sound like much but it was good news to me and we saved money at the same time.

Also while shopping I found a cell phone left on a display shelf by a customer. I took it to customer service who called the number in the directory named “DAD” and they asked it he would tell one of his kids that their phone was left in the store. So I had another good news day making someone else very happy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2009, 06:40 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
Good for you, aksarben!

It might not have been good news for the young person who lost the phone. "DAD" might be cooking up a nasty punishment!

Old 02-07-2009, 06:54 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,180,053 times
That is good news! Saving money then saving somebodies hide possibly.

Old 02-07-2009, 08:03 PM

15,205 posts, read 12,066,932 times
The ice on the lake thawed today.... So now we have 2 geese and 5 ducks swiming around....

Old 02-07-2009, 09:19 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,869,458 times
Question What's your good news for the day?

So who else has some good day news to share? Seems there we’re always hearing of bad news stories it nice to identify with some good ones at times. ~ I like seeing those geese and ducks swimming around on the thawed lake Bones,,,,,,
a sign that Spring is near!

Old 02-07-2009, 09:25 PM

44,620 posts, read 61,578,192 times
Well I bought a lotto ticket today and if I win tonight it'll be a good day.

Aksarben...you may have saved someone from getting a huge phone bill if the phone was stolen and used to make lots of calls, especially overseas. You're a good person, reps for you even if they won't let me rep for awhile.

Old 02-07-2009, 09:32 PM

2,905 posts, read 7,347,484 times
I got to see my nephew today to celebrate his birthday party. Due to unfortunate circumstances, he no longer lives w/his parents, so seeing him is not as easy as it used to be. But we got to have dinner with him, play his favorite card game (rummy) and hang out. So I was very happy to spend the evening this way.

Also, my son raced his car in the Pinewood Derby (Cub scout car race). Not only did it not break after being handled, it did not break when it was dropped when my son handed it to the cubmaster who was putting it on the track for the first heat. Now THAT would have made our morning very bad, for the car to have broken before the very first heat. And he came in second, third, fourth and fourth in his four heats. Which was great considering it was our first car.

Let's see, the cat my husband showed up with last night pooped in the litter box. That may not sound like much , but I am not a cat person, and my DH seems to like to show up with pets (the other was a dog we were not able to keep even after 9 months of trying). Anyhow, I am crossing my fingers that the cat will work out because it is soooo cute. Anyway, he used his litterbox so that is a relief. he can stay so far!!!

Oh, and I have returned two phones like that. The first one was left in the town hall where I was workign, so I called and asked for Dad and asked him to tell whichever of his kids would have had business in the town hall that they left their phone there, and then other phone, I found in Panera, and when someone called I asked who they were trying to reach, they told me they were bob looking for john, then hung up. So I called out for john, asked if he lost his phone, and then told him bob called! He was very grateful. I love it when people return cell phones. I have lost mine and not gotten it back. It is very inconvenient and upset me greatly. So it is nice whenever someone does the decent thing and returns it......

Old 02-07-2009, 09:50 PM

72,409 posts, read 18,196,480 times
I saw two rainbows at the same time while driving on the freeway today,I have never seen two rainbows at the same time. The one in front of me was pretty big and all the colors were very bright.The other one was on my driving side,it was kinda faint.The sky had patches of clouds,it was an awesome sight. It was around 4:30 in the afternoon driving on 5 freeway going to Irvine.

Last edited by VillageLife; 02-07-2009 at 10:56 PM..

Old 02-07-2009, 10:11 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,527,800 times
Well, my son came online twice today from Iraq, so I got to talk to him twice! That trumps everything in my book. Went out to dinner after Wal Marting for a while. That was good. And I saw some grass today. It's still there under all that snow, whew! That's good news!

Old 02-07-2009, 10:16 PM

6,351 posts, read 21,528,307 times
Aksarben, I've always believed that there are plenty of people like you that do good deeds! (It's just that the media thinks bad news sells...) Anyway, GOOD ON YA! (I know there's a kid out there VERY glad you were honest!!!)

Well, I got something a litle different for my birthday, which was Feb 6th; 4 stitches... Slipped on ice and put a 1" gash in my head as I "crash landed". But the good news is: no damage to my head otherwise (Not that my wife's surprised...) AND she took the rest of the afternoon off to drive me to Urgent Care. Today. we went to our favorite restaurant and really splurged on a "grand" meal to celebrate. We've become good friends with the owner and his wait staff. We told the owner about the events of the past day, and he bought our dinner!

Fuzzymystic, we're ALL proud of your son!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics