U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-01-2009, 09:46 AM

5,685 posts, read 5,324,812 times
Today's Question(s):

What was the last thing you
Over cooked ?

The last time I can think of was a tray of cookies when we were in the holiday baking frenzy back in December. I was making fruitcake cookies, which makes an enormous quantity (over 200!) from a single batch, and when I checked a couple of trays in the oven, one was ready to come out and the other not quite. I pulled the one out, transferred the cookies to the cooling racks, then washed it, dried it, and had it almost entirely refilled with cookie dough before I remembered the tray that was "almost done" 15 minutes earlier. It was well-done by then, and the cookies went straight in the garbage. Fortunately, with such an enormous recipe, nobody missed a couple dozen of them.

Under cooked ?
Hmm, well, the state of undercooked-ness is usually only a temporary one, as it's far easier to repair an undercooked dish than it is an overcooked one. But the last time I recall was when I was making some twice-baked potatoes, and they came out of the oven after the first baking not done quite as much as I wanted. Fixed that in a hurry, though, with a few moments in the microwave oven, and they came out just fine.

Bonus Question:

What was the last "take out" or "delivery" meal you enjoyed ?

Last Monday night, when my spouse had class in the evening and I didn't feel like cooking for just myself (he eats before he goes to class, which is long before I get home from work). I went to my favorite little hole-in-the-wall Chinese restaurant and got an order of shrimp with lobster sauce. Very tasty!

Extra Credit Question :

What are you doing today ?

Little bit of housecleaning, the weekly grocery run with my spouse, and since it's Sunday, it's my turn to get to cook, so I'm going to make up a batch of cabbage rolls. We'll have a couple for supper, and the rest will go into the freezer for fast, easy weeknight suppers later this month.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2009, 10:52 AM

1,692 posts, read 2,301,620 times
don't get to close... but.....
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u149/Margie077/01-1.gif (broken link)

Today's Question(s):

Over cooked ? does reheating count? I just reheated my tortillini and it ended up over cooked.
Under cooked ? can't recall anything I am sure there is something in my culinary background that was undercooked.

Bonus Question:

What was the last "take out" or "delivery" meal you enjoyed ? Only delievery we have is pizza. take out is normally What A Burger.

Extra Credit Question :

What are you doing today ?
I got off work!!! yeah...to bad I have the snuffles.... but hey even the snuffles are a happy thing if you get off work!! Most likely rest read a book snuggle with oversized pup and watch Dexter (from showtime on dvd) with mom.

Today in History:
1790 - 1st U.S. census authorized
Yeah Census! Geneologiest's best friend.
1909 - 1st U.S. university school of nursing established, University of Minnesota
As my grandma always said. "Almost a Doctor". Yeah Nurses!
1961 - President Kennedy establishes the Peace Corp

1962 - K-Mart opens

1969 - New York Yankees' Mickey Mantle retires
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb138/suzyq1067/Animation%20Factory/Objects%20and%20Cactus/baseball.gif (broken link)

March is:
National Frozen Food Month
National Noodle Month
National Nutrition Month
Family Fun Month
National Craft Month

Today is:
National Peanut Butter Lover's Day Oh yeah... my dad has a day!
International Day of the Seals
Lets see we have Easter Seals, Navy Seals, aquatic Seals.... hummm I shall pick

Plan a Solo Vacation Day
Gee sad but that is how I always plan my vacations... solo.
Go Bowling Day
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p125/dogpoundbrenda/emoticons/smiley-bowling.gif (broken link)
Share a Smile Day[/quote]
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii66/petra2874/smilie-oke.gif (broken link) http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh22/yvon_015/smilie.gif (broken link)

Old 03-01-2009, 11:22 AM

1,131 posts, read 1,469,505 times
I don't cook. DH does all the cooking

But I wash dishes!!!

Chinese was the last take out we had.

I went to church today and I'm going to play on here a while and then down load some music on my mp3 player for work tomorrow.

If it ever starts snowing I'm going to play with the grands in the snow and make snow cream.

Old 03-01-2009, 11:30 AM

12,723 posts, read 3,071,284 times
Over cooked ? Probably a breakfast egg which didn't have a soft core anymore.
Under cooked ? This one Chinese dish with pork filet - the filet wasn't done yet but I was hungry

What was the last "take out" or "delivery" meal you enjoyed ? Turkish pita bread with grilled veal, veggies and yogurt dressing two weeks ago (take out)

What are you doing today ? Today I watched DH play soccer (at least the last part of the game) with DS. Then we went to the lake side for a walk and had an ice cream.

National Noodle Month - that must be celebrated with as many noodle dishes as possible.
Family Fun Month - easily done altho' I'm not in the US I want to have a family fun month too.

Share a Smile Day - see me smiling?

Old 03-01-2009, 12:21 PM

2,279 posts, read 2,364,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguel's mom View Post
what was the last thing you
over cooked ? probably a breakfast egg which didn't have a soft core anymore.
under cooked ? this one chinese dish with pork filet - the filet wasn't done yet but i was hungry

what was the last "take out" or "delivery" meal you enjoyed ? turkish pita bread with grilled veal, veggies and yogurt dressing two weeks ago (take out)

what are you doing today ? today i watched dh play soccer (at least the last part of the game) with ds. Then we went to the lake side for a walk and had an ice cream.

national noodle month - that must be celebrated with as many noodle dishes as possible.
family fun month - easily done altho' i'm not in the us i want to have a family fun month too.

share a smile day - see me smiling?:d
hi mama!!!

Old 03-01-2009, 01:03 PM

5,605 posts, read 6,454,247 times
For those of you who have asked it is technically Rev Studedude. I'm an ordained Baptist Minister.

Old 03-01-2009, 01:18 PM

15,920 posts, read 4,536,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by studedude View Post
For those of you who have asked it is technically Rev Studedude. I'm an ordained Baptist Minister.
Yep!!!

So watch what you say in your reps!!!

LOL!!!!

Old 03-01-2009, 01:25 PM
bjh
Status: "Stored at 72 degrees until further notice" (set 6 days ago)

20,136 posts, read 11,495,490 times
Today's Question(s):
Over cooked ? Pizza, slightly burnt around the edges, but still good
Under cooked ? I tend not to undercook because I like cooked food to be, well, cooked.

Bonus Question:
What was the last "take out" or "delivery" meal you enjoyed ? Pei Wei, Mongolian Beef a couple of weeks ago.

Extra Credit Question :
What are you doing today ? So far have run errands. Next do paperwork. The fun never ceases.

Today in History:
1790 - 1st U.S. census authorized if you do your genealogy you already know this :P
1962 - K-Mart opens ugh

Word of the Day:
ampoon \lam-****\, noun, verb: just to be a pedant, that should have an L in front of it

Old 03-01-2009, 02:02 PM

27,430 posts, read 19,728,964 times
FYI: Hawaii and most of Arizona do not follow daylight-savings time. Also under the new laws, the entire state of Indiana now observes daylight-saving time. Prior to the new laws, only certain areas of the state observed the time changes.
Guam, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands and American Samoa also do not observe daylight-saving time
DST changed from April to March 2 years ago.

Today's Question(s):
Over cooked ? Don't cook
Under cooked ? " "

Bonus Question:
What was the last "take out" or "delivery" meal you enjoyed ? Pizza from Domino's. It was terrible. Our previous Dominoes was very good, but this new one, where we've moved to, their pizza was overcooked dry and crunchy. Lookin for a different pizza joint right now.

Extra Credit Question :
What are you doing today ? House cleaning. Sorting out stored items, and either donating or giving away, things we haven't used or have no real need for.

Old 03-01-2009, 02:56 PM

1,313 posts, read 2,980,934 times
Welcome to March!! I did get to wake up to snow this morning...my 2 munchkins ran into my room, pried my eyes open with their little fingers, then opened all the blinds for me to see it all! Wayyyy to early for me, oh well!

Today's Question(s):

Over cooked ? Garlic bread...it was a big long loaf split in half, and the raised edges all turned black. What a fun time it was to scrape it off with a knife.

Under cooked ? Amish Friendship Bread...I really don't know what I did wrong...but it never did finish up right.

Bonus Question:

What was the last "take out" or "delivery" meal you enjoyed ? Hmmm, this is a hard one since we never have the money anymore...I think it was Taco Bell maybe 2 months ago...how sad.
Extra Credit Question :

What are you doing today ? I cleaned the house, and now I'm waiting for my parents to arrive for their visit. They are about an hour away, so not much longer to wait...and then we'll be ordering pizza for dinner. Can't wait for either, haha!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics