Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What would you do?
Politely tell them of the issue 27 93.10%
Say nothing and hope they discover it own their own. 1 3.45%
Laugh at them and point to the problem. 0 0%
Hand them a note telling them of the issue 0 0%
Say nothing & post a new thread on C-D about it 1 3.45%
Use your cellphone camera for a picture 0 0%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 01:31 PM
ECG

42,606 posts, read 2,745,253 times

Advertisements

I would politely call then on the side and tell them they have their zipper open, I would not feel ashamed of telling a man or a woman if they had this problem.
I would hope that if that ever happened to me someone would have the courtesy to do the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2009, 03:21 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,856,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
I remember one very funny story about a zipper malfunction but I can’t (don’t feel it’s my story to tell). Maybe “he” will stop by the thread and share his experience again for most of us to enjoy? I’m not saying who he is but – he is usually in the dog house for one reason or more.
Hmmm.... gee I wonder who that person is?

LOL.. Thanks Aksarben, You didn't have to keep that person's identify a secret, I think the whole world knows about my "zipper malfunction"..

This was in 1991, when I worked for a company in Scottsdale, Arizona, I was doing a demonstration of a new computer system, and every important person from the company, including the CEO, were present. When I finished the demonstration, and the lights came back on, I asked if anybody had any questions, and the Chief Financial Officer of the company, being the funny person that he was, asked: "Can you tell us why your fly is open?".. - I remember it was hot that day, so that might have had something to do with it!

Old 03-04-2009, 03:26 PM

On what I would do if I saw somebody with a "Wardrobe Malfunction", I would Politely tell them of the issue, unless she happened to be a Victoria's Secret model... in that case, I would.. uhm.. evaluate the problem for a while, before telling her of the issue...

I'm just kidding.. I had to throw that in there for the heck of it..

Old 03-04-2009, 05:12 PM

Aksarben, it's a coincidence that you created this thread today about "Wardrobe Malfunctions", on a day at the office, where most of it was spent in meetings.

Thankfully, I didn't have any wardrobe malfunctions today..

Old 03-04-2009, 06:32 PM

52,681 posts, read 47,932,189 times
Default Three Scenarios

Quote:
What would you do if you were accompanied by another person that you didn’t know all that well and while the two of you made small talk as you’re waiting a meeting to take place you discovered a wardrobe malfunction. Something as a slip showing in the back, a blouse that was unbuttoned, maybe a zipper that was open, or worse the thong underwear was showing. Remember this other person (man or woman) you don’t know every well. What would you do?

With someone I didn't know, my approach basically is to not do anything. The matter changes, though, when there is someone I know. I would politely point that out as discreetly and sensitively as possible if it were someone I knew. Now, if it were my dream girlfriend and she had a great sense of humor, she'd probably want me to point and say loudly, "I SEE YOUR UNDIES!!"

Believe me, I already dream about her doing to same thing if ever my underwear stuck out of my tight jeans at home.

I should probably date a good-looking comedienne!

Old 03-04-2009, 06:34 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,471,880 times
Even though I don't know them well I would very discretely tell them, as I would hope they would do the same thing for me.

Old 03-04-2009, 06:36 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,359,944 times
Ooo ... I had a co worker's blouse button come undone. In a meeting full of men, I was able to discreetly inform her that her boobs were on display! Thankfully, it didn't faze her one bit. She buttoned them up and carried on like nothing had happened. I suppose if you've seen one pair, you basically seen them all!

Old 03-04-2009, 06:38 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,203,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali's Grandma View Post
Tell them, but get a picture before they can fix the problem, then run and tell everybody on CD about it.

I like to multi-task.
I LOVE IT! But why limit it to a waredrobe malfunction?

Err, ahhh, pssst....you have a three foot streamer of toilet paper stuck to your heel....(grabbing cell phone to take a pix as he/she looks down).

Old 03-04-2009, 06:43 PM

2,905 posts, read 7,347,484 times
Quote:
As a guy I don’t feel comfortable telling a female in the office that their blouse is unbuttoned and opened enough to reveal Even seeing a slip showing in the back I have a hard time telling them that they might want to adjust their clothing.

I don’t think I’d feel comfortable if a female worker told me that I have a problem with a zipper. It’s a male female thing for me,,, however I can understand telling someone of the same sex about their issue problem.
Oh, I wouldn't have a problem telling a man.

If I noticed it and didn't say something right away, I'd look away, look back, and seem surprised as if I just noticed it. Then I'd look away real quick, and say "Uh Oh, Your button's not done" and keep looking away long enough for the person to fix it.

Believe me, it will be worse for you if you sat in front of the woman for 10 minutes and she later realized her blouse was open the whole time.

As I said, if you can't get the nerve up to say it right away, use the "Look away and look back surprised like you just noticed it trick".

But do tell, in any case!!

Oh, I might make an exception w/the thong. I am sorry, but if a woman's thong is showing, she should already know that it might, and she chose to go ahead and wear the outfit. It's just like underwear showing. I know that whatever I am wearing, there is NO chance that my underwear are going to show. If there was a chance, I wouldn't be wearing it. So, (and my SIL is one of these people), if a woman's thong is showing, she may well be aware of the situation and doesn't seem like a big deal. I am most likely not going to say anything because IMO it is not entirely an accident.

It's just like seeing the crack of a man's ass. He's GOT TO know he is flashing people, honestly!! I took the kids roller skating on school break and there was a man skating w/his kids, who was literally showing his underwear, his pants were about 4 inches lower than his underwear. To make matters worse, he couldn't skate well and was stooped over to help his kid. I mean really, this man HAD to know he was showing the crack of his butt. What was I going to say to him? I want to say disgusting, but really we almost peed our pants laughing.

Old 03-04-2009, 07:39 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,869,458 times
Thumbs up Lol

Lots of great posts and thoughts on what you’d do, many thanks! And a special thanks to Mike who seems to always bring a lot of laughter to a thread, ~ this was one of his best moments in life and I appreciate him sharing it with all of us again. Thanks Mike!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics