Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What would you do?
You say sure I’ll refer all callers to your new number 1 7.69%
No ~ you need to contact all of your friends yourself 5 38.46%
Yes ~ it’s not a problem because I don’t want them calling me anymore 0 0%
NO ~ There are too many calls for me to take my time for. 0 0%
Refer all the callers to the local morgue in town 0 0%
Refer all the callers to the local call in number of a talk radio show 1 7.69%
No ~ I’d have my new number changed again to something else 3 23.08%
Other ~ I've got my own idea 3 23.08%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 09:39 AM

1,691 posts, read 3,850,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
Ive had that happen. Right after I separated from my ex, I got my own place with the kids and calls started coming in for someone named 'Suzanne' from some finance company, on my answering machine. One evening I happened to be home and picked up, it was that company again. She asked if this was 'Suzanne' and of course.....long story short, it turns out someone else, prior to me, had the same first name, my number, and it was a repo company looking for this person because she hadnt made a payment on her 'Vette in over 3 months. Now I KNOW it wasnt me!
Ya sure it was your vette, fess up.
even got a photo of it right... didn't know I had the evidence! blackmail photo...

http://www.mastinetwork.com/humour/32/Ugly%20Corvette/ugly_corvette_002.jpg (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2009, 12:37 PM
bjh

60,055 posts, read 30,368,879 times
Most of the calls I've gotten for previous number-holders have been collectors. I don't think they want those forwarded, even if I knew where to refer the caller.

I once had a number where EVERY day, SEVERAL times a day this crazy lady asked to speak to someone she evidently had had a relationship with. Once when I told her for the umpteenth time that "John" wasn't at this number anymore, I heard her say to someone in the background, "That's what they say when I call now."

1. Some people never learn. 2. I understood why "John" changed the blanking number. I did too!

Just imagine. She's probably still out there dialing the number every day. "Beep-beep-beep..we're sorry that is not a working number. Please check the number and dial again."

She turns to her friend. "That's what it says now when I call....."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics