Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 07:08 PM

484 posts, read 1,584,632 times

Advertisements

Today's Question:

Name 3 of your favorite "old time" TV shows Hard question. I'd say probably Full House, Rescue 911 (I totally miss that show) and I can't think of a third one, haha.

Bonus Question:

Have you ever given anyone the "silent treatment" ? Yep, a few times. It never lasted more than 30 minutes or so though, lol.
Extra Credit Question:

What was the last thing you did that might of had people saying " what in the world are they doing" ? Driving around Maui today! We just moved to Maui, and I have NO idea where I'm going.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2009, 08:04 PM

3,969 posts, read 8,502,714 times
Had to work all day today, so it's a little late for me. By the way, the rain is pouring down again right now. If anybody wants any, help yourself. I'm guessing close to 4" since Saturday.

Today's Question:

Name 3 of your favorite "old time" TV shows
How about Captain Kangaroo, Romper Room, and Mickey Mouse Club. It didn't take much to excite me back then.

Bonus Question:

Have you ever given anyone the "silent treatment" ?
I've worked 30+ years in education. Sometimes I had to pretend I didn't hear the question to get the kids to think. Oh yeah, the other type of "silent treatment" too, but I have probably been on the receiving end more often.

Extra Credit Question:

What was the last thing you did that might of had people saying " what in the world are they doing" ?
If spending the afternoon sitting on our son's front porch while they were still at work because we didn't have a key to the house had happened in our town where people keep an eye out for the neighbors, I'm sure they would have asked that question. As it was, I don't think anyone even noticed.

Old 03-10-2009, 08:07 PM

2,514 posts, read 4,954,564 times
wow! I forgot about so many good shows! Growing up, TV was really the cheapest entertainment for my parents. Five kids worth of sports teams and board games, Hide & Seek outside on summer nights....TV was like the cherry on top of all that. Reading everyones favorites here reminded me of all those years. The Disney series - yep - one of my faves. And Carol Burnett. Night Gallery.

I need to get out the rep "time out zone" and thank you guys for the trip down memory lane!

Old 03-10-2009, 08:46 PM

1,130 posts, read 2,238,136 times
Name 3 of your favorite "old time" TV shows

Smothers Brothers, American Band Stand, Bewitched

Have you ever given anyone the "silent treatment" ?

Yes I'm sorry to say I do this all the time.
If some one hurts my feelings I don't say anything I just quit talking and if it is really bad I make it a point to avoid them.
I think it better to breath through my nose than to say something I will regret.

What was the last thing you did that might of had people saying " what in the world are they doing" ?

I think that would just be me being myself, I'm a very strange person lol

Old 03-11-2009, 04:56 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times
morning all
really great answers !!!

I really wish TVland would replay some of these old shows
I was channel surfing a few weeks ago and found one channel replaying the old Marcus Welby MD show

woo hoo I got all of my stuff done !!!
Now that the weather has gotten warm here my to do list feels like it has tripled I joked to my hubby that I would be less busy if I went out and got a job

going to go and start todays ? before I head off to todays "to do's"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics