Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 08:19 AM

1,691 posts, read 3,850,054 times

Advertisements

ok, for the past few days I have been driving my mother around and wondering just one thing, "How the hay do we all drive and not become accident victims with all those other num-nuts on the road?"

so I also thought I need to vent... so I thought ( I do that a lot think to myself )... anyways thought I would share with all those on CD and let you all share with me.

to start what drives me crazy! are the people who are trying to get into SeaWorld before the park opens. We have three main streets that go to the park and converge at a stop light. you have north, east, and south, west is the park itself. what is crazzy is that 15 minutes BEFORE gates opens stacking up into and all over the intersection blocking traffic from all directions, so If I forget and try to go home that way I will be stuck at that intersection for several minutes since the line will not be moving until the open the gates.

Now why in the world is getting into Sea World so important that one would break several driving laws to get there? the worst part is that a new Hospital with Emergency room just open up down the way from SeaWorld not to mention a middle school (aka junior high) the opposite way.

So what DRIVES you crazy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2009, 09:04 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,812,105 times
Motorhomes in the summer traffic.

Old 03-10-2009, 09:27 AM

2,947 posts, read 1,675,083 times
Our city installed gates to a couple of very busy on ramps to I-80. Certain time of day they are closed. Folks line up on the road ( the city thought would be less hazardous to do this ) and sit 10, 15 minutes or longer waiting for the ramp to be opened. The street to get into a busy area of town has a 6 way traffic light, it's difficult for me to describe the one intersection. But boy what a mess those closed ramps have caused some folks to create.

Old 03-10-2009, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Motorhomes in the summer traffic.
you talking about those double and triple wides going down the HWY at 30mph like a caravan of half cut homes with that crappy plastic bellowing in the breeze, along with the traditional flasher light truck that is either a mile ahead or behind the caravan?

HATE 'em!

Old 03-10-2009, 09:40 AM

coming home today... luckily it was AFTER Sea World opened so all the cars were in. Still think upon this it only takes me about 5 minutes to get home in good traffic if I hit all the red lights... maybe 15 minutes.

Lighted intersection. North south and west have four line with the dreaded suicide turn lane center. East is going into a housing area that just has the two lanes one in one out. I am on the west side headed into my housing area at the light. Left turn lane to my left ( of course ) I am in center lane and Right lane although you can go straight from it most folks us it to take a right onto the other street.

Here is another peeve... truck ( why is it most always a truck?) infront of me in the center lane takes a left turn from a NON turning lane! and this is in front of a High School and a Busy gas station.

Old 03-10-2009, 10:48 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,025,535 times
Kerowyn, I know EXACTLY what you are talking about! I used to live in SA in a place called The Dominion! We used to be close to Fiesta Texas, but had to get off at the same exit off the 10 for the Shops at La Canterra.

There are a number of things that drive me crazy ... I would have to say my #1 pet peeve is when I drop my son off and pick him up from school (he's in high school), are parents who refuse to move up in the line of cars, thus holding up everyone behind them. My #2 pet peeve would be people (usually out-of-towners) who won't turn on a red light when it's safe to do so. It's legal here in Cali, ya know?! #3 would be people who feel it's their job to enforce the speed limit in the fast lane.

Old 03-10-2009, 10:50 AM

27,337 posts, read 27,387,014 times
I can totally relate to that. Rvs doing about 30mph in a 55mph zone. Arrrgh!

Old 03-10-2009, 10:59 AM

11,083 posts, read 17,527,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerowyn View Post

to start what drives me crazy! are the people who are trying to get into SeaWorld before the park opens. We have three main streets that go to the park and converge at a stop light. you have north, east, and south, west is the park itself. what is crazzy is that 15 minutes BEFORE gates opens stacking up into and all over the intersection blocking traffic from all directions, so If I forget and try to go home that way I will be stuck at that intersection for several minutes since the line will not be moving until the open the gates.

Now why in the world is getting into Sea World so important that one would break several driving laws to get there? the worst part is that a new Hospital with Emergency room just open up down the way from SeaWorld not to mention a middle school (aka junior high) the opposite way.

So what DRIVES you crazy!
Kerowyn, there is a big theme park, Holiday World, in Santa Claus, Indiana. It has 3 of the top rollercoasters in the world plus an amazing water park. What gets me is all the people getting there, pushing against the chain to get in a good 30 minutes before it opens! And, when the park finally does open, they all take off running like they are trying to win a race across the park. The way I look at it, the ride will still be there when I take my time and walk over there. Sure, there may be a line in front of me, but they are good about making sure the lines move pretty quick.

Old 03-10-2009, 12:19 PM

6,351 posts, read 21,528,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerowyn View Post
you talking about those double and triple wides going down the HWY at 30mph like a caravan of half cut homes with that crappy plastic bellowing in the breeze, along with the traditional flasher light truck that is either a mile ahead or behind the caravan?

HATE 'em!
Kerowyn, I once had the wheel from one of those mobile home trailers pass me as I was getting off at an exit near Asheville, NC!

Old 03-10-2009, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post
Kerowyn, I once had the wheel from one of those mobile home trailers pass me as I was getting off at an exit near Asheville, NC!
what a hoot! My brain is thinking was that the wheel of the rig it was on or the house wheel itself? either way it is still a laugh riot.

My nephew was hauling a flat bed trailer behind his truck (he and his mom were moving). I was folllowing not to close. luckily the trailer was empty when all at once sparks flew and he was watching the wheel on the trailer passed him by and headed into the local park. We couldn't stop laughing. I asked him if he has a secret career in being the RoadRunner. Beep Beep!

Some good moving and traveling music esp if you like or hate UHauls. There is a small button after the UHaul story for the song. It is a must hear for a laugh.
The Flying Fish Sailors - Haul U-Haul Haul!#
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics