U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 12:53 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,672 posts, read 10,670,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereinfla View Post
In college I put on a trench coat (just a trench coat) and was driving over to surprise my boyfriend when I got pulled over. I was so freaked out because I was naked underneath, that I kept looking down at the ground in shame. The officer noticed and asked me if I was okay. He kept asking me if something was wrong and I kept denying it. He felt so sorry for me that I just got a verbal warning.
OMG, that's hilarious! The year I was "between husbands", I dated a fellow about 20 miles away from my town. To surprise him, I put on this black lace teddy, garter belt, black nylons w/the seam up the back and stilleto heels, with just my raincoat over. I drove more carefully than I've ever driven in my whole life,in fear that I'd be stopped.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2007, 05:57 PM

630 posts, read 1,792,488 times
Not really a funny story but still...

I was driving on a state highway one summer just cruising. Beautiful weather so I had my windows down really enjoying the drive. I had no idea what speed I was doing when I noticed a cop in the other direction flip on his lights and do a U turn. Before I know it, he's FLYING up on me with lights going.

He gets right on my butt, and then proceeds to pass me without even hitting his brakes. As he passes me, he turns his lights off. To this day, I know that sob is STILL laughing about giving me a heart attack

Old 03-30-2007, 09:01 AM

2,918 posts, read 7,524,013 times
I read the posts here so far and find some pretty amusing. I would like to add a little story that may clear up some peoples notions about why police officers do certain things when it comes to traffic stops. Back in the 80's in Connecticut a police officer stopped a driver for a minor infraction. He asked the driver for his paperwork and the driver could not produce a valid registration. A DMV check revealed that the vehicle was in fact unregistered. Because the driver was a local resident the police officer figured that he would be a nice guy and let the driver off with a warning. He told him to take of the registration A.S.A.P. The driver then proceeded down the highway and got into a head on collision with another vehicle, killing the driver and a passenger in the other vehicle. He had attempted to make a left turn as the other vehicle was approaching from the opposite direction. The driver had sustained severe injuries as well in this crash. While in the hospital the driver was issued a number of summonses from the police officer who investigated the accident including one for unregistered vehicle. The driver was facing serious charges so he got himself a lawyer. He recounted what happened to his lawyer on that day including the fact about the other police officer that had let him go. That police officer (the "NICE GUY") was charged with various criminal and departmental charges. He was found guilty of official misconduct. He lost his job and he lost his pension, I'm not sure if he served jail time. The bottom line is if a police officer stops you and let's you off with a warning because you were speeding, folowing too close, seat belt violation etc. good for you. If a police officer stops you and impounds your car because your suspended, unlicensed, unregistered or uninsured. Chaulk it up to experience and don't blame the officer because he may be just protecting his job! Just so that everyone is aware, when a police officer stops you and if he follows the book he calls the stop in to dispatch, there is a permenant record of the stop. If something bad happens the history of the stop can always be pulled up!

Old 03-30-2007, 11:19 AM

569 posts, read 845,987 times
Excellent post exhdo1!

Old 10-29-2009, 12:47 PM

2 posts, read 1,697 times
so i had an interesting experience today, i pulled into a mcdonalds with what i thought to be a legal left turn, there was a no u turn sign there and i may of had to turn more degrees than a left... but i still dont think i made a u turn.i noticed when i was in the mcdonalds there was a cop car in the next square facing towards the mcdonalds, he was seperated by a small curb and sidewalk, i didnt think anything of it cause i assumed a cop would make the effort to drive 5 seconds around the curb to give me a ticket. anyway when i left the mcdonalds like 20 min later, he was still there! so i was worried and hopped in my car, and i pulled out and he pulled out the same exact time as me! but got stuck cause a car cut him off. i needed to go the other weay but couldnt make a left turn out of the mcdonalds so i made a right turn on the next street and was gonna go back around the block, when i made my right turn i lost him because i think he was stuck behind a car (no lights were on though), so i made another immediate right as soon as i got to a small street so i was going the direction i wanted to. he still wasnt on the last street last i checked... i looked in my rear view mirror and suddenly i see the cop car BLAZING down the street i was on missing the right turn i made (still no lights on or sirens!) so idk was he following me? why would he wait to pull me over so long? imo he lost a ticket for being lazy if he was going to. but idk, what do oyu guys think? should i have turned around and followed him to find out ?

Old 10-29-2009, 12:52 PM

19,333 posts, read 15,829,596 times
I get followed from time to time too but sometimes its only because they are going the same direction. Ive actually had a cop do a u-turn right after me and turn on his sirens....only to pass me and go on another call. It does make me nervous a little because Im driving around on out-of-state plates because I cant afford to change over to Calif (yet) but can only hope sooner than later to resolve that problem.

Old 10-29-2009, 12:57 PM

2 posts, read 1,697 times
so am i just being too nerve wracked, i just felt like he was waiting for me and im not a bad person or anything and idk just felt really bad when he blazed by lol, the thing that gets me is he came out the same exact time i did... idk it was funny but eh, no harm done :P

Old 10-29-2009, 06:15 PM

2,279 posts, read 2,309,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssg II View Post
I was on my way to the grocery store in our small town, about 2 miles from my house, 35 mph. I noticed one of the town cops behind me and thought nothing of it until he made the same turn as I, and followed me into the parking lot. He didn't have his flashing lights on, but pulled up behind me. As he got out of the car, he was grinning. I got out of my car and said officer...? He told me someone had reported that I had "un-restrained children" in my car. He and I both started laughing when he explained why he was following me and saw the "children" were terriers! (My hair IS high-lighted, but the dogs are so much better looking than I am!)

Anybody else have any stories?
Ha..ha..

Cops have an odd sense of humor but they're funny. I've read threads from "their" forum and I crack up so hard reading their sarcastic posts.

Old 10-30-2009, 01:12 AM

19,333 posts, read 15,829,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post
Out-of-state truck drivers are "easy money" for some states. And there's SO much more that truckers can be fined for; much of it makes good sense for safety , some of it is pure "revenue enhancement"...
I was just going to mention that. Truckers get hit hard with fines big time.

Old 10-30-2009, 01:33 AM

5,126 posts, read 6,815,077 times
In my teen years in a small town, I would be driving along (when I had some money to put gas in my dad's car. lol) and all of a sudden see the blue lights behind me. I pulled over, knowing I wasn't speeding and didn't run a stop sign or light. Policeman, who was one of those friends with everybody, walked to up the car. When I asked what I did wrong, he said,"Nothing. I was bored and just wanted somebody to talk to. How ya doin' tonight?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics