Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What would you do?
Call the local 9-1-1 center and report what I’m seeing 2 8.00%
Say nothing to anyone, keep my mouth shut 1 4.00%
Call the National UFO reporting center 2 8.00%
Call the Air Force base nearby 0 0%
Get out of the yard and back into the house 1 4.00%
Yell to your neighbors to come outside 7 28.00%
Post a thread on C-D about it the next day 4 16.00%
Get the camera and take a picture 18 72.00%
Try to remember if AksarbeN said anything about what to do 2 8.00%
Get a movie camera and film the event in the sky 6 24.00%
Call the local TV news station and let them know 6 24.00%
Hide in the basement 0 0%
Get the gun and fire shots at it for a while 0 0%
Try to communicate with it via flashlight 2 8.00%
See if they’ll take me off this damn planet 6 24.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 05:15 AM

36,420 posts, read 16,030,417 times

Advertisements

I would go oooo, aaaahhhh!! Then I would tell people the next day and they wouldn't believe me!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2009, 05:39 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,537,395 times
I'd wave and say 'Hi Mom!"

Actually I'd probably look in my glass and wonder what I drank....or smoked....shhhhhhhhhhhh.

Old 03-13-2009, 07:21 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,855,962 times
I'd grab my communicator and ask why it took so long to come back and get me from this crazy rock they dropped me off on. Knowing my luck though, it would be those clowns from Zantac7 who would grab me and make me mine their dilithium crystals on the other side of the Delcon Shield.

Either that or I would get my camera and try for a few shots. Probably wouldn't report it to anybody at all.

Old 03-13-2009, 07:51 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,394,464 times
My DH and I would be outside watching. I would be taking pictures for my weekly story, lol. I wouldn't be on the phone. The phone lines would be chaos and I don't need to add to the mayhem.

Old 03-13-2009, 07:57 AM

144 posts, read 130,938 times
I'll record a video/take snaps with my high resolution camera and sell it to ABC11. Will save some for C-D though.

Old 03-13-2009, 09:04 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times
I would try to catch it on film and afterward I would check myself into rehab

Old 03-13-2009, 09:10 AM

Wonderful post friend! Looking at your poll results, it seems like you are getting a Gaussian distribution, with more people voting for the choice right at the center ("Get the camera and take a picture").

P.S.: Did you pre-arrange the choices so that you would get a Gaussian reply pattern, or does it happen to be one of those natural outcomes? Very keen to know that.

Here's my Gaussian thread for your reference:

CD myth busters: A magical experiment with numbers, 1 million volunteers required

Old 03-13-2009, 10:07 AM

1,532 posts, read 2,648,272 times
I would run in and grab my husband, kids, whoever would listen and drag them outside to watch!

OK, I am not the most scientifically inclined person, so a couple of years ago when there was a lunar eclipse, I was driving by myself to pick up my dd from gymnastics and noticed the moon. I was thinking to myself "Wow, that is really cool looking", and driving along (we live out in the woods) started noticing that I was about the only person on the road, everyone else was pulled over! It kind of felt like I was in the Twilight Zone!! When I got to the gym, her coach had all the girls outside checking it out! It was about that time that I thought "Oh, it's a lunar eclipse!" Not always as quick as I seem!

Old 03-13-2009, 11:24 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,883,423 times
Wink .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh.Oxygen.1 View Post
Wonderful post friend! Looking at your poll results, it seems like you are getting a Gaussian distribution, with more people voting for the choice right at the center ("Get the camera and take a picture").

P.S.: Did you pre-arrange the choices so that you would get a Gaussian reply pattern, or does it happen to be one of those natural outcomes? Very keen to know that.

Here's my Gaussian thread for your reference:

CD myth busters: A magical experiment with numbers, 1 million volunteers required
This thread and others have nothing to do with a scientific study or results. It’s merely for enjoyment and fun. “What would you do” daily questions help provoke thoughts for others to share their personal ideas and input on a topic that could or couldn’t happen to them.

However all that being said it’s a good idea to never take anything I’ve posted too seriously. This is supposed to be just for fun and interaction with others not technical or scientific. Unless you’re an alien who stopped by,,, ~ ~ then “yes” I’m one of those who answered “get me off this planet now” answer in the poll. I’ll do anything for transportation to someplace else.

Old 03-13-2009, 11:41 AM

LOL, ok....I'm coming with ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
This thread and others have nothing to do with a scientific study or results. It’s merely for enjoyment and fun. “What would you do” daily questions help provoke thoughts for others to share their personal ideas and input on a topic that could or couldn’t happen to them.

However all that being said it’s a good idea to never take anything I’ve posted too seriously. This is supposed to be just for fun and interaction with others not technical or scientific. Unless you’re an alien who stopped by,,, ~ ~ then “yes” I’m one of those who answered “get me off this planet now” answer in the poll. I’ll do anything for transportation to someplace else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics