Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 09:38 AM

1,603 posts, read 3,604,730 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s) :

Now that we know the items you all stock up on,lets add a little twist.

Have you ever stocked up on something, only to find out you can no longer have it (or can't use it because all your circumstances change) any more? A special pet bedding, then the pet died. Wasn't able to use the type of bedding for other type pets

Who would be the recipient of this bounty ? Don't know.

Bonus Question:

When you go to someones house for dinner do you bring a "hostess gift" ? Depends on the circumstances.

Just for fun:

OK fess up, do you have any "fanny packs" ? one

What is your favorite potato chip ?I like them all!!!

Lemonade: Yay or Nay Yay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2009, 10:36 AM

47,992 posts, read 21,937,870 times

Have you ever stocked up on something, only to find out you can no longer have it (or can't use it because all your circumstances change) any more?

I think it has happened ..... but so long ago I dont remember. I do donate food stuffs and paper products to the food pantry at church.

When you go to someones house for dinner do you bring a "hostess gift" ?

I often do.....but not always. If we know that they would appreciate and use it....we often bring a bottle of wine. Last time....we didnt because we didnt know the hostesses very well and didnt know if they drank....and didnt want to bring something if the other guests werent....just felt a little awkward.

Extra Credit Question:

What was the last thing that made you say

Wow, for the life of me, I would of never thought they didnt sell apricot nectar anymore ?

Just for fun:

OK fess up, do you have any "fanny packs" ?
I dont, but one member of the household does.

What is your favorite potato chip ? Humpty Dumpty (They're Wicked Good!) but I don't even know if they sell them anymore....I almost never eat chips.

Lemonade: Yay or Nay Yay

Old 03-14-2009, 11:28 AM

21,353 posts, read 8,432,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post

Have you ever stocked up on something, only to find out you can no longer have it (or can't use it because all your circumstances change) any more? The grocery stores here have weekly 10 items for $10... so if it's something I use or like, I will stock up. Did that to some canned baked beans and such and then had to go to Florida for an extended period of time. When I got back, they were close to being out of date. No way as a single person I could go through all those beans before they expired!!!

Who would be the recipient of this bounty ? Friends/neighbors

Bonus Question:

When you go to someones house for dinner do you bring a "hostess gift" ? Yes, a bottle of wine or sometimes a gift pack of blank (inside) cards I've painted designs on or if it's spring or summer, a flat of flowers or a fresh bunch from my gardens...

Extra Credit Question:

Wow, for the life of me, I would of never thought Obama would be elected.

Just for fun:

OK fess up, do you have any "fanny packs" ? Prolly somewhere in the bowels of my closet from years of raising kids and traveling

What is your favorite potato chip ? Lay's

Lemonade: Yay

Today in History:
1743 - 1st American town meeting (Boston's Faneuil Hall)
1794 - Eli Whitney patented his cotton gin, making it possible to clean 50 pounds of cotton a day, compared to a pound a day before Whitney’s invention. I was raised in the town Eli Whitney was born in and went to elementary grades 1, 2, 5 and 6 in the school named after him. The town? Westborough, Mass.
1936 - Federal Register, 1st magazine of the U.S. government, publishes 1st issue
1950 - FBI's "10 Most Wanted Fugitives" program begins

Word of the Day:
esoteric \es-uh-TER-ik\, adjective:
1. understood by or meant for only the select few who have special knowledge or interest; recondite
2. belonging to the select few
3. private; secret; confidential

Today is:
International Ask A Question Day !!!!!
National Potato Chip Day
National Fanny Pack Day
Celebrate Scientists Day
Learn about Butterflies Day
Save a Spider Day
NEVER!!! I've had two really bad spider bites and had to be on antibiotics for weeks to kill the infection that was eating my skin at the site of the bites... HATE spiders with a passion... even though I know they do good things for the environment... NIMBY!!!

Old 03-14-2009, 11:46 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,650,357 times
oooh did someone say spring!!!

Have you ever stocked up on something, only to find out you can no longer have it (or can't use it because all your circumstances change) any more? I'm sure I have been can't think of anything specific right now.

When you go to someones house for dinner do you bring a "hostess gift" ? I liked charley's answer. LOL
I usually bring a litttle something. Dont' like to go empty handed. Even if it is a pretty litttle bath towel or candle something like that.

Extra Credit Question:

Wow, for the life of me, I would of never thought ___ so and so would spase out at the meeting the way she did ? (this person is very quiet and reserved and the words that came out of her mouth. Made may hair stand up on end.

Just for fun:

OK fess up, do you have any "fanny packs" ? no not if my life depended on it. Fanny too big for a fanny pack. LOL!!

What is your favorite potato chip ? Wise were my favorite growing up.

Lemonade: Yay or Nay nay. When I"m out I ask for a glass of water, no ice and a slice of lemon. Then I add splenda.

Old 03-14-2009, 12:15 PM

44,593 posts, read 61,412,482 times
Today's Question(s) :

Have you ever stocked up on something, only to find out you can no longer have it (or can't use it because all your circumstances change) any more? Medicines. Sometime circumstances change and just after you've gotten a large prescription filled, the Dr changes your meds.

Who would be the recipient of this bounty ? Moi.

Bonus Question:

When you go to someones house for dinner do you bring a "hostess gift" ? Wine generally. Depending on the occasion.

Extra Credit Question:

Wow, for the life of me, I would of never thought I'd buy some investment ppty last week?

Just for fun:
OK fess up, do you have any "fanny packs" ? Never owned one, didn't like them.

What is your favorite potato chip ? The ones that the bag opens up the quickest.

Lemonade: Yay or Nay Yea, only the real thing though.

Old 03-14-2009, 01:17 PM

1,312 posts, read 4,768,626 times
Today's Question(s) :

Have you ever stocked up on something, only to find out you can no longer have it (or can't use it because all your circumstances change) any more?
Firewood! Then we decided to sell the house and move...but the new house had a gas fireplace. We had at least a half cord if not more.

Who would be the recipient of this bounty ? We were VERY annoyed with our buyers, and we had not lised that the firewood conveyed, and they never asked about it, so we gave it all to my BIL...he came and picked it up along with the rack, cover, carrybag and tools!

Bonus Question:

When you go to someones house for dinner do you bring a "hostess gift" ? Of course! We usually bring a bottle of wine, but we have also brought flowers.

Extra Credit Question:

Wow, for the life of me, I would of never thought that our neighbor would go into cardiac arrest and DH would be first on scene because the neighbor's son ran over to use our phone to call 911. Just for fun:

OK fess up, do you have any "fanny packs" ? Nope!

What is your favorite potato chip ? Mike Sells Groovy or Gibbles Hot Chips

Lemonade: Yay or Nay Yay! I'll even drink it pink. But I prefer Limeade.

Old 03-14-2009, 06:11 PM
ECG

42,606 posts, read 2,742,295 times
Today's Question(s) :

Nope

Who would be the recipient of this bounty ?

Bonus Question:

When you go to someones house for dinner do you bring a "hostess gift" ?

I always bring something even if the hostess says no one needs to bring something, I do it out of coutessy for getting invited.

Extra Credit Question:

Wow, for the life of me, I would of never thought ________ ?

I have won 3 Dancing Salsa competions....

Just for fun:

OK fess up, do you have any "fanny packs" ?

Ummmm, Nope

What is your favorite potato chip ?

Wise sour cream & onion

Lemonade: Yay or Nay

Yay, but only home made.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics