Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 09:51 PM

2,303 posts, read 5,678,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier_guy View Post
Question for you manofbess. When we lived in Washington state we had some neighbors, bi-racial. The wife would "jokingly" refer to her husband as her "N". She would say it with him right there. She was white. You could hear her yelling at a house party "hey, anyone seen mah "N" ? " And of course the party was with both black and white friends. I always thought that was just wrong. What are your thoughts about that?
I don't know if it's a regional thing, but if someone had said that in my neck of the woods, I may not have said something, but someone else would have, lol...gosh, tough question. I think the wife should have found a code word, if you will, or something with a little more taste than that. I'm with you--I think that's a very offensive word. And just because I'm black doesn't excuse me to say it. I never use that word. I don't even call white people the "c" word...my S.O. is white and told me that it's a funny word to him, even if it's meant to be a derogatory word. The way I see it, my calling you a "c" is saying it's okay for you to come back and call me a "n" and I don't want to be called that. So I'll have to agree with you, hoosier...that's just wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2007, 10:15 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,809,216 times
I'm a white male...and wondering what is the "C" word? Sorry, I live in the sticks. I tend to miss some things.

Old 03-23-2007, 10:22 PM

3,570 posts, read 8,716,705 times
okay, here's another one for anyone out there in C-D land. Why is it ok to say "oh wow, you look like you've lost weight!" I mean I know the answer but in some ways it's rude because what is said is "boy do you look better now that you've taken off some weight." Why is being overweight make someone look bad? I know, I know we live in such a visual society. But it's just rude. Makes me want to go eat a twinkie!!

Old 03-23-2007, 10:26 PM

1,076 posts, read 3,551,997 times
rance, we be crackers dude lol

Old 03-23-2007, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joee View Post
rance, we be crackers dude lol
lol, I didn't want to be a hypocrite and say I'd never say it, then have to say it....thanks for taking the weight off my shoulders (as you probably think I'm a dork for not typing the word out, lol)

Old 03-23-2007, 10:34 PM

2,218 posts, read 5,393,482 times
ROFL!!! I'm glad someone had the answer... There is only one c word I know... I've been called it a few times. But I am SO glad I didn't say anything on that one!

Old 03-23-2007, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronzou View Post
ROFL!!! I'm glad someone had the answer... There is only one c word I know... I've been called it a few times. But I am SO glad I didn't say anything on that one!
LOL, I'm glad you didn't either...my memory just came back! One of my very effeminate friends loves to call me that word for some reason...I just laugh it off

Old 03-23-2007, 10:38 PM

1,076 posts, read 3,551,997 times
Now who's gonna go what they talking about crackers for lol

Old 03-23-2007, 10:58 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,809,216 times
Ok...I was thinking maybe coona$$ or something! I guess Hawaii uses Howlie or something. I like cracker! I'm cracka lackin! (Madagascar Cartoon?)

Old 03-23-2007, 11:00 PM

788 posts, read 4,067,307 times
I'm not really sure if this is the rudest thing anyone has ever said to me, but it's all that comes to mind right now..

My sister-in-law once remarked that I am NOT "really family" because I am not "blood." My mom is adopted, so this comment, horrible in and of itself, felt even more shocking and heartbreaking. What's strange is that she just kind of said this for no apparent reason. I get along extremely well with her family (well not so much her dad, but definitely her mother, her, and her stepfather, and of course her brother-my husband). Plus, this wasn't even said during an argument or anything...what do you think of this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics