U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 01:35 PM

2,263 posts, read 3,725,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier_guy View Post
I've used that "c" word before when yelling at my sister. I ended up doubled over on the floor. Fortunately my parents weren't home at the time...and the old girl has such a good memory...even at 42! She still says, "remember when you called me a" and that's as far as she has to go. I remember the pain!!
LMAO, I guess you know what a man's version of a contraction is now, now don't ya
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2007, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
Rudest and hurtful......

2. My father. He took off when we were kids, never paid support etc... So when I'm in my twenties gets back in touch and in the meantime he was remarried, had a kid and then divorced again. His ex was moving a couple hours from him, so he was telling me the story and then had the nerve to say, "I can't believe she's taking my daughter away, now I'll never get to see her". This is after he abandoned me and my brothers.

People are sick. (some)

Wow, been there done that. My father wasn't a part of our lives either (I have 2 siblings). My sister and I have pretty much gotten over it. My brother, being the youngest, probably will never reconcile with him. In the past 10 years, we've seen our father maybe 4 times....the last time was just about a month ago at his brother's funeral. My mother, sister, and I went to the funeral to be cordial, but we didn't sit with the family since we don't really know them like that (we hadn't seen our first cousins in about 10 years when our grandfather on their side died)...but if my father had another child with another woman and said that in front of us, I'm 200 percent positive my sister would've slapped him and I probably would've thrown water in his face.

Old 03-24-2007, 03:52 PM

6,351 posts, read 13,412,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereinfla View Post
Not to get too off topic, as this was embarassing, but, we were never allowed to use the "n" word and in school I remember being called out for being an "n'-lover. We were the liberal yankees in the rural Florida town where I grew up. My grandmother was quite old and in talking about her lawn man one day, she referred to him as her "darkie". In her mind, it wasn't derogatory. Well, we all started to talk to her in dialect, acting like subserviant slaves out of some camp movie saying things like, "Yes, miz Thompson, I be getting the lawn clippling up directly." and shuffling around. She had a good sense of humor and quickly "got it".
HereinFL, I can relate... Grew up in VA and MD and we moved to Hollywood, FL as I was finishing junior high school. Dad and second stepmother divorced. Dad remarried to #3, who grew up in PA. Definitely not a Liberal, though! (This woman is living proof that money and class have nothing to do with each other...) We did NOT get along. I left and joined the USAF after high school and dated several women who were other than Caucasian. My stepmother loudly announced at a holiday dinner that "Crew Chief will find somebody nice to marry one day. Not necessarily white. But somebody nice." And my dad just let it fly on past. I did, too. But the best revenge is that she and her kids have lived wretched lives down there and I've done very well for myself, I believe...

Old 03-24-2007, 04:49 PM

15,013 posts, read 25,359,888 times
But vasinger...none of them were rude insults.

Old 03-24-2007, 04:52 PM

3,525 posts, read 5,808,271 times
they were construtive comments. I think you only consider them insults because you were not praised enough or patted on the back enough to tell you how great you think you are.

Old 03-24-2007, 04:56 PM

15,013 posts, read 25,359,888 times
Amen on that!

Old 03-24-2007, 06:47 PM

4,088 posts, read 9,634,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasinger View Post
I posted something here on City Data asking about my wonderful singing, and I got nothing but insults !
If you ask a question, then you should be prepared for the answers. Actually I think a lot of people were being very polite, considering......Just a suggestion but why not try starting threads that are not self promoting or all about you. I mean that in the least rude way possible.

Old 03-24-2007, 06:56 PM

2,407 posts, read 10,530,949 times
When I was maybe 11 years old, my older brother and I were having a fight and he turned to me and in seemingly all seriousness with eyes filled of fury said "You know, I really wish mom would've had an abortion" with me. As anyone with siblings can attest, you say some pretty malicious things to one another, many of which you don't mean (or maybe you do at the time), and brothers and sisters know how to get under your skin like no one else. I was used to things along the lines of "shut up, idiot" or being called stupid or ugly or my nose made fun of or something along those lines that siblings throw out at one another, and I'm sure I was even both on the giving and receiving end of a few "I wish you were dead"s over the years, but something about those specific words and the tenacity and forcefulness of the delivery and also their unexpected nature, really threw me off and it really upset me at the time. He didn't mean it, but at the time, I was just sort of shocked and incredibly hurt by it.

Old 03-24-2007, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dullnboring View Post
When I was maybe 11 years old, my older brother and I were having a fight and he turned to me and in seemingly all seriousness with eyes filled of fury said "You know, I really wish mom would've had an abortion" with me. As anyone with siblings can attest, you say some pretty malicious things to one another, many of which you don't mean (or maybe you do at the time), and brothers and sisters know how to get under your skin like no one else. I was used to things along the lines of "shut up, idiot" or being called stupid or ugly or my nose made fun of or something along those lines that siblings throw out at one another, and I'm sure I was even both on the giving and receiving end of a few "I wish you were dead"s over the years, but something about those specific words and the tenacity and forcefulness of the delivery and also their unexpected nature, really threw me off and it really upset me at the time. He didn't mean it, but at the time, I was just sort of shocked and incredibly hurt by it.
My siblings and I were pretty rough on each other as children, too, and I do remember a time or two telling the both of them (since I'm the oldest) that I wish our parents had stopped with me, lol...I know this post is about us being the victims, but now I recall a time where I had the malicious intent. I was really young--probably 8 or 9--and my grandfather did or said something to me and I told him that I wished he was dead...my little butt took a big time beating for that. Well, he passed away a year and a half ago and now I feel guilty for saying that, even though his death was no one's fault. It was just his time to go as he had been sick for a while. But it makes you feel bad when the actual thing comes out of your mouth and it eventually happens.

Old 03-24-2007, 08:35 PM

9,342 posts, read 16,587,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasinger View Post
I posted something here on City Data asking about my wonderful singing, and I got nothing but insults !
My opinion of you is not unlike the one I have of Tom Cruise. In a previous post I paid you a compliment on your singing, but now that I see the moronic threads you start, I can't stand your voice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics