Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 03:47 PM

364 posts, read 527,141 times

Advertisements

Im curious, what is the rudest thing anyone has ever said to you? And how did you respond? I am continually amazed at what people will say. And have no problem with saying it. Is it truly best to not say anything and appear that you are not bothered or hurt?

I was recently in a nail salon and heard the Asian nail tech in broken English say to the woman next to me "Why don't you get boob job?" She was shocked and said nothing. The woman looked down her V-neck shirt again and said "You really need boob job. Until you get one wear bush up bra. It only $3500 and no problem. I don't need to so I don't have to wea bra. It better". She was furious and left. I can think of my times of my years where I was shocked and insulted. My neighbor has a grown son with a physical disability and they have heard many many rude and hurtful remarks. Why don't these rude and outspoken people just keep there mouths closed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2007, 03:52 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,362,090 times
I think a lot of it has to to do with their own self loathing or lack of confidence

Old 03-23-2007, 04:44 PM

2,080 posts, read 6,938,142 times
I think it is the lack of self worth. They are brash and don't think of others. They lack the proper etiquette of concideration and diplomacy. I believe it's their "mine.mine.mine" attitude. Or super-size it greed!?!?

Old 03-23-2007, 04:53 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,407,960 times
I quite often get asked if i have TV in Ireland. I tell them that were hoping to have color in a few years and that we have a new show called the Lucille Ball Show premiering next month.

Often get asked if we have pigs in the kitchen too, dunno why theyd think that.

Old 03-23-2007, 05:33 PM

489 posts, read 2,015,127 times
At my last job, I had to work with someone who had absolutely no social graces or sense, for that matter, so while I would have LOVED to blast her after she said the things she would say to me, I had to keep the peace because we were co-workers. She was 25, old enough to know better, but she just didn't. One of my personal favorites was one day when she was standing next to me looking at something we were working on . . . she just happens to say very nonchalantly to me "I can smell your dog on you." I looked at her with raised eyebrows, and she said "I thought you would want to know." My clothes were right out of the dry cleaners, and I was freshly showered so to this day, I've no idea where she got that. I'll have to jog my memory a bit for more things that she said to me throughout the time we worked together because she was by far the rudest person I've ever met. The thing is, to this day, I truly believe that she just didn't know any better because some of the things that came out of her mouth were very simply things that you would say to someone if you were looking to pick a fight or wanted your a** kicked.

Old 03-23-2007, 06:05 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,669,506 times
I am from oregon, So people will ask me where I am from and I reply Oregon and they will say either " Whats in Oregon?" Or dont you still have teepees? Or do you really all have webbed feet?

Old 03-23-2007, 06:22 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,210,572 times
I can't remember any rude things said to me by strangers or co-workers, although I know that there much have been several, as no one is exempt. The things I remember are things that close family members have said while intoxicated. All will remain nameless here, but those are the things that have remained with me. For the rest, I guess I have just mastered the art of considering the source.

Old 03-23-2007, 06:27 PM

3,570 posts, read 8,719,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I am from oregon, So people will ask me where I am from and I reply Oregon and they will say either " Whats in Oregon?" Or dont you still have teepees? Or do you really all have webbed feet?
Yeah that's the truth! I lived in Oregon for 7 years and first, family kept saying "so how's Seattle life?" Or people would ask if we had cars out there. And it rains all the time, must be miserable there...who would ever want to live there?? Bunch of granola crunchers!!

Yep, heard a lot there! Miss Oregon lots and lots! Beautiful place to live!!

Old 03-23-2007, 06:43 PM

26 posts, read 66,311 times
ive been asked "what kind of a last name is THAT?"..and that was from a salesperson,get that...I took my money off the counter and walked away...and there was "my,what SIZE shoe do you wear?"..I felt like saying something..but didnt(if you know what i mean)..or..get this from my husbands relatives--minnesota?..why come there?..whats there?..the answer to that one was "YOUR SON".

Old 03-23-2007, 06:44 PM

5 posts, read 31,931 times
well when i was high school my "friends" told the whole school that i was a ****. and i was still a virgin. i was so mad. i always looked at them and say how the hell can i be a **** when i never had sex?! that just doesnt make any sense. i lived in a small town, so it only took a day for the whole school to hear the rumor. and it was worse because i was freshman. so for 4-years i was made fun of because of this rumor. i still dont know how teenagers can be so mean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics