U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-03-2010, 01:56 PM

5,309 posts, read 3,817,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Iíve must return to the hardware store for more items needed for some repair work at home. I started a small project, figured out what I needed, went to a couple of stores to find the items, bought what I needed and now Iíve got to go back and pickup a few more items to complete the work. I dislike shopping and hate bigbox stores.
Bummer - aren't you glad you are no longer trying to squeeze this all in between working and a million other things! Good luck with your project!

Old 03-03-2010, 02:07 PM

8,525 posts, read 8,201,599 times
Smokers- they light up anywhere. YUCK!

Double wide baby strollers

Old 03-03-2010, 04:20 PM

2,627 posts, read 1,192,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Maybe you should step away from the computer until you get your life things in order reckon? Being on the computer is taking away from the time to do your assignments. Being on the computer is taking away your ability to meet people in your school or town. Being on the computer takes away from time to sleep, eat, school, socialize. Maybe not playing such violent games online they might desensitize you to real life? You need to find a happy medium good luck.
Oh, let us see here...
  • I do my homework.
  • I do my best to get good grades.
  • I care about my grades.
  • I hate getting bad grades.
  • What makes you think I don't eat and sleep?
  • I don't play video games online.
Please don't make assumptions.

Old 03-03-2010, 04:35 PM

2,627 posts, read 1,192,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Jax, great reply to City Data guy...only in High School..oh boy..have you got a long life ahead of you and you need to STEP AWAY FROM THE PUTER and get OUT in the world..Enjoy your last part of high school. Sounds like you are extremeley addicted to gaming and the internet in general..

If you were my son, I would take that computer away fella....if you can't learn to socialize with REAL PEOPLE now it's not going to happen and that is going to be miserable for you.

And start flossing NOW before you go to the dentist, don't wait. Whats the point of that.

Can ya'll tell I'm a mom of sons..

Good luck young man..
  • I don't enjoy high school. I have never enjoyed high school; I never will. I do care about my grades though.
  • Your assumption about me being addicted to the Internet and gaming is wrong! Did you even read my post? I have perfectionist tendencies when it comes to gaming and using the computer which are rather related to a few symptoms of obsessive-compulsive personality disorder.
  • Stop telling me to get out and socialize. It's just annoying. My social skills are mediocre, and they will eventually get better with time.
  • What do you mean by "real people"?
I understand that you're trying to give me helpful advice, but don't throw certain statements out there thinking they're true when they're actually not.

Negativity aside, thank you for the advice on flossing and wishing me luck.

Old 03-03-2010, 04:47 PM

12,975 posts, read 1,988,685 times
Okay...here goes!!!

This Wednesday...TODAY....feels like a flipping Monday!! From the moment it started I've had one obstacle or expectation to tackle after another! First...I had to drive behind my oldest son so he could bring his truck to the garage for a tire repair..I then brought him and his brother to highschool. Secondly, I had to be at a education evaluation meeting at my youngest sons school to see if he continues to qualify for an IEP and educational support. Surprise surprise!! He does not...this is good news and bad...cause although I have a very bright lad on my hands...he continues to have processing issues which effect his academics. All and all..I am happy because I was able to tell him the good news and encourage him to push himself to overcome what doesn't come easy for him.
Next!! On to work.....one of my clients was having a particularly difficult day...so I had to focus on him and not the other kids I work with in the room...He was defiant and aggressive toward me...and this isn't particulary fun being hit, scratched and kicked by a five year old. Next.....back to the office where I can accomplish very little before heading to the 2:00pm meeting.......which I need to rush from in order to pick my second oldest son up from his job interview.....(which was cancelled and rescheduled because the manager was running late) Yup...then....my husband wants to inspect the car which is three days overdue!! (big oops) and he has an appointment scheduled...and I can't remember where I put the new insurance cards..cause the new policy started on Feb. 27th..and I didn't put them in the vehicles yet. And, since one of the cars is going to be inspected...I have to drive my middle son (the one who had the rescheudled job interview) to the college because he has a course he is taking this semester. And..it's not over!!! While at the evaluation meeting at my youngest son's school this morning, the principal reminded me that there is a mandatory meeting for parents and students tonight at 6:00 regarding the upcoming Washington D.C. field trip. So...there you have it..I'm outta here!! Can I have anything more hurled at me later???? WAIT! There is one more thing...the vehicle inspection yielded that I have to have two tires replaced and some work on the steering column...because I hit the curb in front of my work the other day and it did damage. There..I guess that puts the icing on the cake! Product of rushing around like a mad woman!

Old 03-03-2010, 05:28 PM

16,105 posts, read 11,405,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Data Guy View Post
Oh, let us see here...
  • I do my homework.
  • I do my best to get good grades.
  • I care about my grades.
  • I hate getting bad grades.
  • What makes you think I don't eat and sleep?
  • I don't play video games online.
Please don't make assumptions.
I am sorry you didn't like the 2 responses to your post then maybe you shouldn't post on an Internet forum asking for advice perhaps? With your 2 responses to the 2 posters that did offer some caring general advice I can see why you have a hard time making friends.

Good luck to you and your choices. I won't respond to any of your posts again OK?

Old 03-03-2010, 05:33 PM

8,538 posts, read 6,509,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Data Guy View Post
  • I don't enjoy high school. I have never enjoyed high school; I never will. I do care about my grades though.
  • Your assumption about me being addicted to the Internet and gaming is wrong! Did you even read my post? I have perfectionist tendencies when it comes to gaming and using the computer which are rather related to a few symptoms of obsessive-compulsive personality disorder.
  • Stop telling me to get out and socialize. It's just annoying. My social skills are mediocre, and they will eventually get better with time.
  • What do you mean by "real people"?
I understand that you're trying to give me helpful advice, but don't throw certain statements out there thinking they're true when they're actually not.

Negativity aside, thank you for the advice on flossing and wishing me luck.
Well, not quite sure why you were posting if we have it all wrong, but good luck to you. Life after high school doesn't get easier

Old 03-03-2010, 05:33 PM

28,227 posts, read 13,666,657 times
^^Ditto^^.

Life gets harder-not easier.

Oh DogMom-we posted same thing-same time.

Old 03-03-2010, 05:52 PM

5,266 posts, read 4,417,549 times
I hate when people have to rev their engines at 6 am!for about 5 minutes!!!!!!!!!every frickin morning.

Old 03-03-2010, 06:00 PM

28,227 posts, read 13,666,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
I hate when people have to rev their engines at 6 am!for about 5 minutes!!!!!!!!!every frickin morning.
It's a Jersey thing thing-believe me after 33 yrs there. No one here in the bitterest of mornings does that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics