Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2010, 07:05 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,278,966 times

Advertisements

I have a good one today. I am driving along minding the road in moderate traffic. A car attempts to get over without a signal or the proper visual plead u know a head nod or a friendly hand gesture. I keep going about my business and this woman who looks to be about 103 drives up beside me rolls her window down and curses me for everything she could lay her tongue on. I was concerned she may have a stroke. The light turned green I went and she followed. She tried to make me pull over and follow her into a grocery store parking lot. Of course I kept going and gave her a very friendly finger. I know she must be a snowbird, so I will consider the heat has not agreed with her. I wonder what in the world is wrong with people. What ever happened to common u mind ur business and I mind mine. I like old people. I have never been treated so discourteously in my life.

Old 03-04-2010, 07:10 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,115,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
I have a good one today. I am driving along minding the road in moderate traffic. A car attempts to get over without a signal or the proper visual plead u know a head nod or a friendly hand gesture. I keep going about my business and this woman who looks to be about 103 drives up beside me rolls her window down and curses me for everything she could lay her tongue on. I was concerned she may have a stroke. The light turned green I went and she followed. She tried to make me pull over and follow her into a grocery store parking lot. Of course I kept going and gave her a very friendly finger. I know she must be a snowbird, so I will consider the heat has not agreed with her. I wonder what in the world is wrong with people. What ever happened to common u mind ur business and I mind mine. I like old people. I have never been treated so discourteously in my life.
Oh you'd have a ball in Miami. Turn signals???? Yeah right!

Old 03-04-2010, 09:37 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,754,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
I’m working on a new project of painting the gates. First I need to prepare the gates and get a lot of the old cracked flaking and peeling paint off of the wooden areas. It’s not fun and it’s taking too much time but it has to be done or the actual painting will be in vain. I've got only one of the three gates done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
Aren't you using a sander?
The power sander didn't work very well so I've got a wire brush wheel and I'm using a battery operated drill. There's several coats of paint that have become weather beaten by the hot sun.

Old 03-04-2010, 09:40 PM

Quote:
I love elderly snowbirds that get lost or forget where they are. But they don't have to be so nasty to others.

Old 03-04-2010, 10:28 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,249,355 times
No, there is no need to be nasty..that woman is probably ugly and nasty to everyone...what was she going to do in that parking lot, beat you up??? lol

Old 03-05-2010, 01:27 AM

22,638 posts, read 6,388,762 times
While driving we had that happen once when a woman was swearing and giving us the finger. I would never do it now, but back then I told the kids to just point and laugh at her. She was trying to upset us and we just laughed. Nowdays she'd probably pull a gun and shoot us all.

Old 03-05-2010, 09:49 AM

^^ In some locations around the country that’s considered “road rage” which can get a driver into a lot more trouble then just a ticket and paying a fine.

Old 03-05-2010, 04:23 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,059,242 times
Quote:
she's probably from nepa everyone here drives and acts like that even if they r on their last legs

Old 03-05-2010, 04:28 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,059,242 times
my rant is my loverly next door neighbor(we share a wall) got some sort of scent machine to cover her beer and cigarette stench---and she is sending into my apt. smells that are worse than her usual beer.cig odors----any suggestions for retaliation before my lungs give out?--no more mrs nice guy---hope she likes italian opera aided by my off key singing at breakfast!

Old 03-06-2010, 05:18 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,278,966 times
I love this thread especially when I have something to vent about. I can't sleep. I was sleep though. I was deep into dream land when oh yes my teen came in at 2:21 AM. I said where were u and he said at the movies. That woke me completely up!!! Everything in my body said L I A R!!!!! So I said liar and a few other words, but why r men such liars even when they are boys? And why couldn't I ignore it. My baby is such a typical man. It' not fair!!!! I didn't push him out with great effort I may add and sacrifice my body for him to be a "guy" I mean hey I have invested my life and this is what I get. I had my body stretched from here to kingdom come to get a watermelon out and this is what I get for my trouble... a man, who thinks he knows but he is sadly mistaken. Now I am up and he's asleep. Typical male tactic. HMMMM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics