U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-08-2010, 02:18 PM

5,309 posts, read 3,600,520 times
Ok - I just opened my mail and in there is a letter from the good ole US of A saying, in 1 paragraph - we are writing this letter to let you know we will be sending you another letter next week re: the census

#1 - Aren't most people aware that we will get this census letter?
and if not
#2. What value does this letter add?

I don't know what the cost was to send this letter to everyone, but it's got to be a lot. Isn't the gov't already in enough debt? Do they actually pay people to dream up ways to get in even further debt?

I can't express how totally IGNORANT this is

(P.S. - I don't believe this is a reflection on the person in office - this stupid stuff would happen no matter who was in office.)

Old 03-08-2010, 02:34 PM

28,227 posts, read 13,244,116 times
You jumped the gun on me MN2CO!!!!!!!!!! Just got one and that was going to be tomorrow's peeve. What idiots are running the asylum???

Old 03-08-2010, 02:45 PM

5,309 posts, read 3,600,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
You jumped the gun on me MN2CO!!!!!!!!!! Just got one and that was going to be tomorrow's peeve. What idiots are running the asylum???
Good - can't wait to see if the whole country got one

Old 03-08-2010, 04:54 PM

3,092 posts, read 3,135,057 times
I think they are trying to help out the Postal Service.

Old 03-08-2010, 08:24 PM

3,647 posts, read 2,786,744 times
Glad I read this thread. I remembered the mail was still in the box. No card in mine. It seems like I remember them doing the card thing before. Very efficient, eh?

Old 03-08-2010, 08:31 PM

8,538 posts, read 6,314,275 times
Have not gone up to the mailbox yet to get today's mail..its DARK now so will get it in the morning..just what we need, money spent to tell us another piece of mail coming..

Old 03-09-2010, 03:22 AM

25,085 posts, read 8,302,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Have not gone up to the mailbox yet to get today's mail..its DARK now so will get it in the morning..just what we need, money spent to tell us another piece of mail coming..
I hate it when I forget to bring the mail in and it gets too dark to go and get it. I always wonder if someone else is going to get my mail and my identity. I have had my identity stolen so many times I am not sure who may be me at any given time. Even my children have had there's stolen and it is a hard problem to fix.

Old 03-09-2010, 07:49 AM

8,538 posts, read 6,314,275 times
Our mailboxes are locked but yeah we should go up and get it everyday...sometimes we just not feeling well..

Old 03-09-2010, 09:23 AM

4,926 posts, read 4,353,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN2CO View Post
Ok - I just opened my mail and in there is a letter from the good ole US of A saying, in 1 paragraph - we are writing this letter to let you know we will be sending you another letter next week re: the census

and if not

I don't know what the cost was to send this letter to everyone, but it's got to be a lot. Isn't the gov't already in enough debt? Do they actually pay people to dream up ways to get in even further debt?

(P.S. - I don't believe this is a reflection on the person in office - this stupid stuff would happen no matter who was in office.)

LOL....I said the EXACT same thing to my husband when we got the letter yesterday. I mean really....just goes to prove how stupid and wasteful our goverment body can be.

I bet at least 1,000 or more jobs could have been created with the cost of generating that letter alone!

Old 03-09-2010, 11:58 AM

18,879 posts, read 21,133,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN2CO View Post

and if not

From a Dilbert cartoon strip that I keep on my bulletin board. This is so old it is turning brown!

The Pointy Haired Boss speaking to Alice:

1st panel
"Alice. I just sent you an email."

2nd panel
"Here's a copy of my message but I'll just tell you what it says."

3rd panel
"It says I sent you a voice mail telling you to look for a fax that says I want to talk to you."

A more modern version would have twitter in there somewhere.

And I worked for a guy who would do this!

Probably not. Don't underestimate the denseness of the American Public.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics