U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-15-2011, 06:40 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 11,003,543 times
My mother's always been a bit on the controlling side, and still tries to control me, even tho I'm in my 50's. Yesterday, she decided to tell me she doesn't like the fact that my husband and I have decided that our final internment will be in Florida, not here in Northern NY. GMAB. I told her I love her and don't want this to happen soon, but that I'm kind of hoping that she'll go before me and that it won't matter to her where I am. I don't think she appreciated that.

Old 07-15-2011, 09:35 PM

23,639 posts, read 15,527,803 times
^^ My guess is that we're all going to end up in the same place, just at different times.

I had a similar issue with my sister and our parents burial location. That's a whole nother story. lol

Old 07-15-2011, 10:05 PM

11,194 posts, read 9,170,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape317 View Post
People in the state forums aren't the nicest, nor brightest.
A lot of defensiveness, boosterism at stake here. On my city forum, whenever I speak the truth, to potential movers, about how blasted cold it gets here in Las Vegas in the wintertime, all hell breaks loose! Such asinine defensive posts: "I never wear a coat even in winter here! Paradisical weather year round!"

I sometimes will take a "traveling vacation" and hit all the states and cities, peek-peek, and sometimes it's fun to shake things up, set the record straight, tell it like it is!

There's a poster on the San Francisco forum that would love to push me off the Golden Gate Bridge, everytime I refer to San Francisco as San FranNimby! If the shoe fits, wear it!!!

Old 07-17-2011, 04:29 PM

Working with technical support on the phone and you can’t understand what they are saying because of their poor speech in English due to their accent. However the problem was fixed by one company with their software that then caused another issue and problem with another company’s software. Then calling for tech support with that company,,,,,, They had eliminated the tech accent issue by having a “text chat line” with their support people. Worked rather well considering all things, and the trouble was repaired. Now the pc seems to be working just as it should thanks to dealing with technical support departments.

Old 07-17-2011, 04:33 PM

While attending some training and being in a classroom for eight hours I was caught sitting near two other persons who continued to cough every five minutes behind me. Talk about a distraction! And I prayed that whatever they had (that was making them cough) didn’t get passed on to me.

Old 07-17-2011, 04:36 PM

37,703 posts, read 11,489,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
While attending some training and being in a classroom for eight hours I was caught sitting near two other persons who continued to cough every five minutes behind me. Talk about a distraction! And I prayed that whatever they had (that was making them cough) didn’t get passed on to me.
Yikes! I hate when I get stuck near folks who are sneezing or coughing ... Fortunately, I haven't caught any colds/flues recently but due to not having health insurance, I cannot afford to get sick and risk an ear infection due to excessive mucus. I just wish employers would allow genuinely sick individuals the ability to stay at home so they don't have to fill up the buses with their germs and make everyone else sick!

Old 07-17-2011, 10:47 PM

452 posts, read 142,619 times
Haven't been SICK sick in about 8 years. My immune system kicks a--
Every year though I take a few sick days to relax. Shhh!

Old 07-18-2011, 04:13 AM

25,085 posts, read 8,402,937 times
Moody ars kids... men too I suppose...

Old 07-18-2011, 08:50 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 11,003,543 times
Well, to make a long story short, I left my mom's house Sat. at noon and didn't get home till yesterday at noon, thanks to mechanical difficulties on one of the planes I was supposed to take.

Now, I realize there were 200 or so folks on this particular plane, but why should it take 3 customer service folks over 2 hours to get everybody rescheduled and/or given hotel vouchers?? On top of that, they made one line just for folks who had already rescheduled via cell phone, but needed hotel vouchers or boarding passes. That particular line was supposed to have been quicker, but it wasn't. I can swear to it because that was the line I was in.

Anyway...it's good to be home. Very good.

Old 07-18-2011, 09:27 AM

^^
I dislike it when companies or corporations want the CUSTOMER to do the job of being the company service rep and use our own tools (pc or cell) to log into their systems and take control of our needs. Isn’t that the job of service reps, to provide service?

Flying isn’t fun any longer!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.