Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2011, 10:28 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,880,923 times

Advertisements

having re-potted the house plants into new soil and caring for them more than two months now without trouble,,,,, yesterday we noticed some gnats in the house. Don't know where they came from and don't care...... we just don't want them inside the house. This morning I managed to take the plants outside on the back patio (in the shade) where I'll add some fine sand on the top of the soil to help control them. Gnats are my worst headache today.

Old 07-23-2011, 12:24 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,428,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
having re-potted the house plants into new soil and caring for them more than two months now without trouble,,,,, yesterday we noticed some gnats in the house. Don't know where they came from and don't care...... we just don't want them inside the house. This morning I managed to take the plants outside on the back patio (in the shade) where I'll add some fine sand on the top of the soil to help control them. Gnats are my worst headache today.
Quote:
Don't know where they came from
Check their immigration status.

Old 07-23-2011, 06:34 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,326,850 times
Why is everything so complicated on the tv remote. They have all these buttons and useless channels. I just want something straight forward. I hate the program information channel too. I long for the old days when u could turn ur TV to a channel and that was it.

Old 07-23-2011, 06:37 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,391,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
Why is everything so complicated on the tv remote. They have all these buttons and useless channels. I just want something straight forward. I hate the program information channel too. I long for the old days when u could turn ur TV to a channel and that was it.

I hear ya. It's like DVD's. I just want it to play

Old 07-23-2011, 06:43 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,831,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
I'm with ya. Of course in those days we actually had to get up to change the channels. I told my son that one day and he said "Are you kidding, me?"

Old 07-24-2011, 12:41 AM

4,932 posts, read 12,760,223 times
Default Anger in my heart....

Well, I'd like to apologize in advance for this rant. I needed a place where people I dont like dont see this.

Anyways, I have had lots of good and bad pass by me this year. But the worse thing to ever pass by my way is the the way I been treated by a college I will be attending. I have been lied to, my application been changed incorrectly, and bad experience getting help from college advisors. Secondly, I do alot of business in the town the college is in. And besides having bad times in LA, this town has caused me the most grief from people. I understand more people can mean more opportunity for good and bad. But the good has been little and the bad be much. I feel like no one in that town cares about anyone else but themselves and their world. They seem to ignore the middle class and working class or the unsuccessful. I work, live with my parents, and work my but off at school even though at times home and my ADD affect my success in college. Not only that but some one at junior college said Id never get in and that id be stuck working at my low pay job for life (hate that *****), but I did end up getting in only to fail a class I needed to get in. So I decided to transfer to an easier major and something I liked more. But despite all my hardships it seems no one in that town gave a **** to my life. Only people at other community college cared about me and really helped me. And now next year I will be going to that college.

But when I walk around people in that college I usually get stopped by stupid interest groups (bad idea with me) and I don't know what is but I lose it and tell the person off because I dont care about them. None of those interest groups really care about the working commuter kid. Most of those stupid interest groups are wealthy kids who live in the dorms, and get by easy. And then they try to get me to put my time and/or money for them. Screw them I say!

Anyways I dont know how to shake these feelings. My heart detests those people. I can only sympathize with other people in my shoes. And there are some. And people expect me to love the college, but how can I when the college only offers me affordability and allowing me to stay at home because of personal issues.

Old 07-24-2011, 12:44 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,326,850 times
U know they have a stress and venting thread and also one for grumbling... I am sorry to hear about ur anger, but u gotta find away to let it go or it will reek havoc in ur life. Heres wishing u better days and wider smiles

Old 07-24-2011, 12:52 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,018,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the city View Post
Well, I'd like to apologize in advance for this rant. I needed a place where people I dont like dont see this.

Anyways, I have had lots of good and bad pass by me this year. But the worse thing to ever pass by my way is the the way I been treated by a college I will be attending. I have been lied to, my application been changed incorrectly, and bad experience getting help from college advisors. Secondly, I do alot of business in the town the college is in. And besides having bad times in LA, this town has caused me the most grief from people. I understand more people can mean more opportunity for good and bad. But the good has been little and the bad be much. I feel like no one in that town cares about anyone else but themselves and their world. They seem to ignore the middle class and working class or the unsuccessful. I work, live with my parents, and work my but off at school even though at times home and my ADD affect my success in college. Not only that but some one at junior college said Id never get in and that id be stuck working at my low pay job for life (hate that *****), but I did end up getting in only to fail a class I needed to get in. So I decided to transfer to an easier major and something I liked more. But despite all my hardships it seems no one in that town gave a **** to my life. Only people at other community college cared about me and really helped me. And now next year I will be going to that college.

But when I walk around people in that college I usually get stopped by stupid interest groups (bad idea with me) and I don't know what is but I lose it and tell the person off because I dont care about them. None of those interest groups really care about the working commuter kid. Most of those stupid interest groups are wealthy kids who live in the dorms, and get by easy. And then they try to get me to put my time and/or money for them. Screw them I say!

Anyways I dont know how to shake these feelings. My heart detests those people. I can only sympathize with other people in my shoes. And there are some. And people expect me to love the college, but how can I when the college only offers me affordability and allowing me to stay at home because of personal issues.
I'm sorry that you are having a struggle in college. You mentioned that you have ADD ... I personally work with students who have ADD and am aware of some of the challenges a student with ADD faces. Have you connected with disability support services at your campus? Some of the most caring individuals work in those offices and you may be eligible for accommodations in your classes.

Old 07-24-2011, 12:55 AM

4,932 posts, read 12,760,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
I'm sorry that you are having a struggle in college. You mentioned that you have ADD ... I personally work with students who have ADD and am aware of some of the challenges a student with ADD faces. Have you connected with disability support services at your campus? Some of the most caring individuals work in those offices and you may be eligible for accommodations in your classes.
One community college did *** for me, but the other one helps me alot in math where I struggle.

And I haven't made a decision if the 4-yr college disability people are nice or not. They were very kind and did alot of help for me but I could still tell they are money hungry.

Let's just say it will take a lot for my heart to change. Lots of venting at people at that college and someone from that college to show me some one there is not like the rest.

Old 07-24-2011, 08:57 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,179,793 times
If it is any consolation, at least you are being prepared for the real world. Companies out there are scratching for every dime at the expense of their employees, and many times their customers. The world isn't warm and fuzzy...it's cruel and cut throat. So, look at what you are going through as a life lesson to help you survive once you get into the job force.

Also, don't let the stress of it all rob you of enjoying your life and the age that you are. Treasure these years or you will look back in regret. Good luck and hang in there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics