Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2011, 11:09 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,221,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
One reason I have cats!

That's cuz it's also cabbage that's fermented for a long time, too. Ick.

Hardwood is very nice.
Cabbage too? I didn't know that, all I know is that i've never smelled anything quite that bad before.

And yes, hardwood floors are nice, after you sand, stain and seal them. I plan on teaching him how to do it this weekend.
It's gonna be a hands-on lesson. His, not mine.

Old 09-28-2011, 01:47 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,174,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Well ... I posted a while back about my frustration with family and friends giving out MY number so that I get their bill collection calls. I keep getting messages from a particular company looking for my friend. I've called them at least twice and specifically told them to stop calling me. Today, I just got a call from them which I answered. I asked the guy very sweetly for the company's name, phone number and address so that I can forward it to my friend. Once he gave it to me, I told him that if I ever receive another call from his company, I'm reporting it to the FTC as I'm on the do-not call list and have repeatedly told them to stop calling me as it is harassment.
OH, then you need to do this ...this will make you LYAO about what this guy did to a telemarketer and I cannot believe he could do it without laughing himself.

The Murder Scene Call on the Bob and Tom Show, - YouTube

Old 09-28-2011, 03:08 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,420,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
I hope this isn't the same desk with the new computer?

I've done the same thing and it requires washing rewashing and rewashing again before ya' can get the sticky smelly coffee & creamer smell out of the furniture.
Drink it black.

Old 09-28-2011, 06:00 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,255,021 times
Aks, it's the same desk, but we took the new computer back 2 days after we got it and put our old one back to use. Too many issues for a new computer. We made the mistake of checking reviews after we bought it - so much for impulse purchases, huh? He did come home w/a new wireless mouse and keyboard, tho.

I usually do drink my coffee black, but iced coffee has to have flavored creamer.

Old 09-28-2011, 07:54 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,867,365 times
^^ I too do an impulse buying at times. PC’s, cameras, seem to excite me most and I seem to desire most all of them when I’m browsing at a store. Usually impulse buying doesn’t turn out well. I love the new wireless mouse that I’ve bought and ended up buying more of them because they were on sale just to have an extra one around. Those little thingies that you have to plug into the USB port can get lost on a laptop and cost more than what I paid for the whole new “spare” mouse.

Old 09-28-2011, 09:10 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,420,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
^^ I too do an impulse buying at times. PC’s, cameras, seem to excite me most and I seem to desire most all of them when I’m browsing at a store. Usually impulse buying doesn’t turn out well. I love the new wireless mouse that I’ve bought and ended up buying more of them because they were on sale just to have an extra one around. Those little thingies that you have to plug into the USB port can get lost on a laptop and cost more than what I paid for the whole new “spare” mouse.
I have a wireless mouse and keyboard that came with this computer(with Blue Tooth).
Never have used em'.

Old 09-29-2011, 05:15 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,322,098 times
Parenting is a life sentence... it doesn't get better the older ur kids get and when they get grown then they want to be ur parent even if their chronologically 15. I was talking to a guy whose oldest kid is 50 and he said she still gives him grief. It is a good thing parenting is so rewarding or else it would not be worth it

Old 09-29-2011, 09:51 AM

24,445 posts, read 25,974,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
I have a wireless mouse and keyboard that came with this computer(with Blue Tooth).
Never have used em'.
They seem to ear batteries, went back to the corded versions.

Old 09-29-2011, 10:15 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,867,365 times
^^ I've been using a Logitech M305 that I've bought at Target for under $15 on sale and I've had such good luck with the first one I bought two more for the other pc plus a spare. I've never had any battery issues with any of them yet. It's been nearly a year on the first mouse and I've still not replaced the AA battery.

I love the mouse and hate the "finger" pad on the laptop.

Old 09-29-2011, 01:16 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,255,021 times
Those finger pads are nasty...whoever came up with that anyway???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.