Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2011, 02:05 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,819,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
I don't know if you are aware of this but the Flinstones was created for adults when the makers discovered that adults enjoyed watching cartoons. That's why as a kid, I thought this cartoon was rather boring compared to other cartoons at the time.
If it's just the outlet (jack) is there any other location that you can plug the phone into that might work? Sometimes one jack fails and others will work. Also it could simply be the "cord" on the phone that went bad, and if you have another one you might be able to get the phone working again before Monday? Ask a neighbor or friend to barrow their phone and cord to test with if needed.

Old 10-22-2011, 02:27 PM

39,031 posts, read 22,983,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
If it's just the outlet (jack) is there any other location that you can plug the phone into that might work? Sometimes one jack fails and others will work. Also it could simply be the "cord" on the phone that went bad, and if you have another one you might be able to get the phone working again before Monday? Ask a neighbor or friend to barrow their phone and cord to test with if needed.
I've tried two phones and two different cords but no such luck. I only have one jack installed in this apartment so I'll have to wait until Monday. Thanks anyway.

Old 10-22-2011, 02:44 PM

5,238 posts, read 7,968,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cash Register View Post
Our town's high school just faced off with their most hated rival, who coming in, they were 1-16 all-time against. It gets tiring hearing all of the trash talk between the other town's kids and yet them still winning. We have a good team this year, but the high school always seems to run into a brick wall when they play their rivals.

Final: Hated Rivals 32, Us 0.
Hey sorry you lost, in a few years no one will even remember or care. People take competition way to far. Some of the worst offenders are the adults. It's just a game, its nice to win, but its an extracurricular activity in high school. Or it was suppose to be long ago.

High school football coaches in large cities often make nearly twice as much as a high school teacher. How about spending the money to get first rate teachers? 60 million dollars for a new stadium for a high school??? Yep, its ridiculous but true, at Allen High School in a suburb of Dallas. How did they ever get that bond package passed. It shows just how screwed up America's priorities are.

As demand for high school football coaches rise, salaries soar - Los Angeles Times

Old 10-22-2011, 05:34 PM

5,238 posts, read 7,968,813 times
I've been thinking about this off and on for months. I remember back in February of this year, an 18 month old kid from New Braunfels, Texas went missing. There were 5 or 6 people in the house with the kid at the time. And so many months later they have no idea what happened to him. Poor little guy. At the very least the parents should be charged with neglect if they can't manage to keep their eyes on their kid in their own d.amn house. He is such a cute little guy makes me sick about this. Also I posted an interesting article on why only a very few of the missing kids receive much media attention. I posted it below if you want to look at it.

I think people that hurt kids should be killed, why keep them clothed, fed and warm in prison for life? Do they deserve that much respect? Of course not, they are twisted people that took the lives of children. 40k plus a year to keep one of these animals alive for life, they get free health care, even hospice care. It cost me close to 6 grand for my mom in a hospice for 22 days. I'm all for compassion and leniency when it's warranted, but mess with a kid, or hurt an animal and the parties should pay dearly. I hope this child is ok, but with no leads at all it seems doubtful it will turn out with a happy ending.

Search for Josh enters ninth month - Herald-Zeitung Online: News

Experts: Media biased in missing kids coverage - CBS News

Old 10-22-2011, 07:30 PM

Several neighbors and myself spent a great deal of time and energy putting together a security meeting for the day, we’ve worked on this for a number of weeks and planning, only to have a handful of others show up. I’m disappointed that 98% of the neighbors didn’t come.

Old 10-23-2011, 10:13 AM

14,496 posts, read 26,553,374 times
people who play the blame game. I was married to one, and have seen the dating scene is the main reason I stay on CD ONLY Its nasty out there........

Old 10-23-2011, 10:24 AM

Angry Such lowlife and cowards!

This time of year local elections are getting started and politicians are running for office of mayor as well as school bond issues will be voted on. I’m supporting a candidate for mayor and also a local school improvement bond.

So what’s the trouble? Someone in the area seems to be opposed to the issues that I favor and removed the signs from my yard last night. I don’t object to opposing views and I welcome discussions about them, however I don’t understand why someone would simply remove the signs. They’re not his property and if he/she wants to talk about the issues I’d open for that. I’m not open to dealing with a lowlife who finds it easy to work in the dark of the night so he/she isn’t seen and remove signs.

If you have a political view talk about it in the open, not hide in the darkness and run away. Such lowlife and cowards!

Old 10-23-2011, 10:44 AM

7,371 posts, read 6,821,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Several neighbors and myself spent a great deal of time and energy putting together a security meeting for the day, we’ve worked on this for a number of weeks and planning, only to have a handful of others show up. I’m disappointed that 98% of the neighbors didn’t come.
Maybe they need to be reminded that it's pretty difficult for just 2% of the people to effect change--and of course they will be the people who complain the most. Sorry to hear that Aks.

Last edited by taigagirl; 10-23-2011 at 10:44 AM.. Reason: sp.

Old 10-23-2011, 01:30 PM

1,632 posts, read 481,763 times
A bad sports weekend was made even worse by witnessing that 16-7 embarrassment by the Rangers in Game 3 of the World Series. And I knew those last two home runs by Albert Pujols were going to happen before the pitch were even made. I think it's funny, though, how my dad says, "He looks like he's on steroids." to anyone on the other team who hits a monstrous home run, and if a Ranger hits one or two, he says, "I sure hope he isn't on steroids."

Old 10-23-2011, 07:39 PM

6,990 posts, read 11,380,928 times
I hate the jackasses on this forum who make assumptions about all aspects of your life based on a simple preference. Utterly ignorant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.