Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2011, 09:38 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,718,698 times

Advertisements

[quote=taigagirl;21766666]
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post

That totally helped me. I started that about 15 years ago. I hate being disorganized, but I love stroking stuff off of a list. You won't have an overwhelming "where do I start?" feeling. I started with a short list first. It really works.
I have to admit...I'm kind of fond of stroking as well. LOL Trouble is, if I don't post it on the fridge I lose the list!

Old 11-18-2011, 09:39 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,420,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taigagirl View Post
Not anymore:D, now I am talking to you. Good Morning, MK
Good Morning!

Old 11-18-2011, 10:46 AM

6,990 posts, read 11,408,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
Well, I suppose it could be worse....you COULD have kicked a spitoon. ,,,, WITH a hangover! We all have our "wth was I thinking" moments Weatherfan2, especially in our youth!
Could, but I don't drink (alcohol), or spit (yuck!!), I'm a good boy.

Talking about "stress and venting" - people who abuse alcohol to "have a good time" then whinge about their hangovers the next morning are precisely the kind of thing on my pet hate list... it's funny they think they need some addictive chemical to be interesting or original, I guess they are too boring without it.

And I hate the smell of alcohol, especially on somebody's breath. Ugh. Second only in awfulness to cigarette breath *vomit*.

Last edited by Weatherfan2; 11-18-2011 at 10:57 AM..

Old 11-18-2011, 11:12 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,420,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherfan2 View Post

Talking about "stress and venting" - people who abuse alcohol to "have a good time" then whinge about their hangovers the next morning are precisely the kind of thing on my pet hate list... it's funny they think they need some addictive chemical to be interesting or original, I guess they are too boring without it.

And I hate the smell of alcohol, especially on somebody's breath. Ugh. Second only in awfulness to cigarette breath *vomit*.
I could never stand the taste of beer or alcohol..(barf).... I quit smoking for a special person.

Old 11-18-2011, 11:26 AM

7,371 posts, read 6,829,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherfan2 View Post

Someone in our office came in very hungover today. His start time 8:00 a.m. His arrival time 11:30 a.m. Just looking at him makes me feel ill.

Old 11-18-2011, 11:28 AM

7,371 posts, read 6,829,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
I could never stand the taste of beer or alcohol..(barf).... I quit smoking for a special person.
Tht's awesome, MK.

Old 11-18-2011, 04:34 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,255,021 times
Quote:
I quit for a special person, too. Me.

Old 11-18-2011, 05:03 PM

26,272 posts, read 8,424,173 times
I watched the late nighttime news here. It had a section about people living in storm
drains in Las Vegas. I knew about this months ago, why it was on the news tonight I
don't know. The drains are many miles long under Las Vegas, with homeless people living
in them. While I was in LV a few weeks ago, I was aware of this as I walked the strip. It
makes me upset and angry this is going on, what the answer is, I don't know. It makes me
grateful I have a home, and a soft bed to sleep in. I take nothing for granted in this crazy,
cruel world we live in.

Old 11-18-2011, 07:25 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,011,181 times
Quote:
We have something in common ... I also cannot stand the taste of alcoholic beverages nor beer. In fact, folks have tried to get me to try wine coolers (you cannot taste the alcohol) ... er ... Yeah you can

Old 11-18-2011, 09:28 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,982,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
I watched the late nighttime news here. It had a section about people living in stormdrains in Las Vegas. I knew about this months ago, why it was on the news tonight I don't know. The drains are many miles long under Las Vegas, with homeless people living in them. While I was in LV a few weeks ago, I was aware of this as I walked the strip. It makes me upset and angry this is going on, what the answer is, I don't know. It makes me grateful I have a home, and a soft bed to sleep in. I take nothing for granted in this crazy, cruel world we live in.
Yeah it's very sad and with the number of veterans returning home, I just hope it won't get worse. We owe China and Japan both an ungodly amount and our economy is in the crapper, but we've had big money to spend on wars and to bail out corporations. The important thing is the rich have gotten richer. Next year we can look forward to the Presidential sideshow as hopeful candidates shamelessly pander to the audience telling us they understand how we feel and make promises they don't intend to keep.

I was looking at some inflation figures in the UK, its amazing how much stuff has gone up while wages remained almost the same. The world is certainly crazy and cruel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.