U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-19-2011, 01:12 AM

8,443 posts, read 1,381,137 times
Yeah, I've been watching the inflation figures here as well, slowed slightly this last month
to 5%. Peoples wages hardly going up at all, interest on savings tiny. Could be heading for
the dreaded stagflation here. I remember the inflation of the mid 70s through to early 80s.
We got into the high twenties percent inflation here for a while back then. Don't want to
see that again, yet, I believe the Bank of England is planning another bout of money printing.
We went to Turkey on holiday about 16 years ago, the exchange rate was 18,000 lira to the
pound. Went back 10 years later, it was 2,800,000 lira to the pound - now thats a real bout
of inflation!! The heads of state in europe don't seem to know what to do, just stand around looking statesmanlike!! Don't know how things are going to pan out, here, europe, or
the United States.

Old 11-19-2011, 07:35 AM

13,387 posts, read 9,606,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Yeah, I've been watching the inflation figures here as well, slowed slightly this last month
to 5%. Peoples wages hardly going up at all, interest on savings tiny. Could be heading for
the dreaded stagflation here. I remember the inflation of the mid 70s through to early 80s.
We got into the high twenties percent inflation here for a while back then. Don't want to
see that again, yet, I believe the Bank of England is planning another bout of money printing.
We went to Turkey on holiday about 16 years ago, the exchange rate was 18,000 lira to the
pound. Went back 10 years later, it was 2,800,000 lira to the pound - now thats a real bout
of inflation!! The heads of state in europe don't seem to know what to do, just stand around looking statesmanlike!!
Quote:
Don't know how things are going to pan out, here, europe, or
the United States
Well. your not alone.

Old 11-19-2011, 08:39 AM

8,443 posts, read 1,381,137 times
Yeah, that's the real worry - no one seems to have a clue what to do. Every country
is up to their ears in debt. We look to our leaders to come up with some answers. They
all seem to know the cause, but not the cure. Well, I think they know the cure, it's how
to sell it to the voters. I'd laugh, but it's to serious to make fun of. Watching those poor
people on the news last night, living in flood drains in Las Vegas was no laughing matter.

Old 11-19-2011, 08:59 AM

23,791 posts, read 15,782,780 times
Angry .

^^ We have a Congress that will call pizza is a vegetable but they can’t figure out how to do much else in Washington. They are so broken they don’t or can’t do anything! They simply DON’T represent the voters any longer they are bought and paid for by business and corporations. Personally I don’t need their representation if they vote on bills the way they do. “Pizza is a vegetable” That’s why YOUR congressmen voted for. Nothing to improve the economy, jobs, health issues, infrastructure, education, but pizza is a vegetable

Old 11-20-2011, 05:12 AM

25,085 posts, read 8,543,127 times
I find somethings very taxing... It usually has to do with people I am related to and genetically programmed to love and I am right now taxed, but refusing to let it get to me...

Old 11-20-2011, 05:23 PM

1,958 posts, read 2,023,906 times
Ugh, went through a drive-thru to get a latté. It was poorly made, I'm sure they put water in the mix. I am feeling like I should go back there, tell them this is disgusting, throw it on the ground, and yell at them to make it again.

Old 11-20-2011, 07:40 PM

37,712 posts, read 11,685,161 times
Having difficulties getting ahold of certain family members to coordinate holiday travel ... Then when I finally get ahold of them, the prices of airfare is insane! Arrrggghhh! Just spent the past 2.5 hours scouring the websites of various airlines along with a few travel sites and STILL the cost is 300+ for roundtrip ... At least both flights are direct and the airline has these tv thingies for each passenger so there's entertainment on board. Hey! At least I don't have to stay in a hotel although with the full-house, I pray that I'll be able to sleep ... Oh yeah ... To even GET my flight down to 300+, I have to come back home Christmas night but the main party is actually on the 22nd so I'll be there for that.

Old 11-21-2011, 09:27 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 11,127,046 times
I only wish I could get a round trip to my former home town for $300. I'm from North Podunk.

Old 11-21-2011, 12:30 PM

25,085 posts, read 8,543,127 times
I am thinking life is full of things u didn't expect or plan, but sometimes u have to be bad guy from a certain perspective. I hate that

Old 11-21-2011, 07:12 PM

37,712 posts, read 11,685,161 times
Well .... About a month ago, I had an issue with my landline with no dial tone ... The technicians came out TWICE and restored the line ... NOW I come home exhausted and low and below, no dial tone again! They cannot come out until Wednesday and of course, this is the ONE Wednesday that I'm working the full-day so I have to have my manager take care of it ... Gosh! I just want some peace! I hate having folks in my home when I'm not home but what can I do? I need phone service as I'm hearing impaired and struggle with my cell phone! I am just so frustrated right now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics