U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-23-2011, 01:59 AM

8,493 posts, read 1,439,088 times

Advertisements

Same here at Christmas. The newspapers always give advice and receipes for left over
turkey! No problem at English Dave Hall, on Christmas Day there is only the three of us,
but on Boxing Day lots of family come here, and Judy lays on a big buffet on the dining
room table. They eat all that turkey in no time - and everything else.......

Old 11-23-2011, 06:16 AM

25,085 posts, read 8,750,500 times
I have a headache, maybe from the holiday excitement or maybe from the reality setting in of just how much work Thanksgiving really is even if it is worth it.

Old 11-23-2011, 06:53 AM

7,371 posts, read 3,326,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
I have a headache, maybe from the holiday excitement or maybe from the reality setting in of just how much work Thanksgiving really is even if it is worth it.
All of these holidays are alot of work, and hopefully at the end of the day, your efforts are appreciated, sun.

Old 11-23-2011, 06:56 AM

11,539 posts, read 9,759,107 times
I'm going to be alone on Thanksgiving, being single, and since I love to cook anyway, I'm cooking an 18-pounder with all the fixings and a new stuffing with walnuts/raisins, can hardly wait to try it! Too bad you're so far away, I'd have ya'll over!

So even if I didn't have family over, just so long as I'm cooking something new/untried, no stress here for the holidays! But please don't ask me to remake something I've already tried before, delicious as it may be, the newness of trying something different makes it more fun, adventuresome.

Old 11-23-2011, 07:10 AM

3,172 posts, read 3,404,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
U know I have all this food to cook for Thanksgiving and I am happy to cook it, but I am not looking forward to the leftovers. It will be too much food for days and by time it is all gone we will all be tired of turkey. I wish there was away to cook just enough, but I don't know how. I am always in love with the holidays, but after the honeymoon I want a divorce lol
I don't know how many you are cooking for, but we will have 4 here total on Thanksgiving. We will be doing a turkey breast. Probably about 1 meal of leftovers (after we send some along with the kids) and then it's gone. The nice thing about it, we will be having it for our evening meal and probably won't have to start cooking it until sometime after lunch (probably around 2). It works well here.

Old 11-23-2011, 08:45 AM

Okay there is ice on the road and it is slippery this morning. Some guy on a bicycle went racing by me (I was watching him in my review mirror), and failed to stop at the stop sign and proceeds to turn right. As I turned the corner, I noticed that he had lost control of his bike and he ended up rolling the bike and himself and wound up in the middle of the road. Why do people ride bicycles in the winter even when it's -40F?? I hope he is saying thank you to the Good Lord this morning for looking out for him. The route is a truck route.

Old 11-24-2011, 12:12 AM

24,958 posts, read 18,682,304 times
I don't know WTF is wrong with Chase bank. I sheduled a bill to be payed and in the chase system it said they wouldn't debit my account til the 25th, that being a friday, I figure fine I get paid then.

I schedule the bill, it say the account won't be debited till the 25th.

I enable the bill to go... as soon as I do it debits my account 2 days earlier then it said it would.

Then I get an email that says I'm over drawn.

How the Moderator cut: language would I get get an overdraft when they debited me before they said that they would??

Gawd... its gonna be good to tell them to go Moderator cut: language themselves as soon as my direct deposit to my new bank kicks in.......

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 11-24-2011 at 06:51 AM.. Reason: Please use appropriate language, or let the filters do their job.

Old 11-24-2011, 10:43 AM

Just reading my thread, should have been rear view mirror. Saw the same guy this morning, same routine. Yikes.

Old 11-24-2011, 02:31 PM

12,002 posts, read 10,622,766 times
Had to run out on a errand yesterday, so the Super Chief asks me to pick up 3 items at Costco, 1 being a pumpkin pie the are big and yummy.

I knew it was gonna be busy, but I sucked it up and went. Parking was a mess, but I bravely headed in and went to were the baked good are. The had a big display as usual but trying to get to the display was a group of women picking up each pie and examining it, put it back and repeat.

God God girls, there all the same, take one and let the other folks get one so we can get on with our day.

The other 2 items eggs and tp were a snap.

Old 11-24-2011, 02:52 PM

25,085 posts, read 8,750,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrtechno View Post
I don't know how many you are cooking for, but we will have 4 here total on Thanksgiving. We will be doing a turkey breast. Probably about 1 meal of leftovers (after we send some along with the kids) and then it's gone. The nice thing about it, we will be having it for our evening meal and probably won't have to start cooking it until sometime after lunch (probably around 2). It works well here.
It's only 3 of us, but I grew up with a huge family. I have never mastered the smaller portion thing. But I know I am not cooking another day this week Happy thanksgiving to u and urs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics