U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 01-01-2012, 08:23 AM

7,371 posts, read 2,810,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty_FL View Post
My venting has to do with a stressful headache from the whining of the refrigerator. Has been going on for about two weeks. I did everything I could possibly do to "fix" it myself and finally contacted the landlord. She immediately sent repairman over. He determined it needs a new motor but will be end of next week before new one arrives. I'm keeping a headache with the whining and I'm concerned about what it may be doing to the cats with their fine hearing. So as soon as it's daylight I'm going out to get a cooler and will turn the d*mn thing off while waiting for the repair. I can also simply go out to the market deli for food each day. In fact, I'm going to turn it off right now. Why wait?
Edit: Repair guy was amazed at the cleanliness of the bottom, back and coils of the fridge. I keep a clean home but there's nothing me or anyone else can do about crappy things produced the last decade or so with imported parts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Snap Kitty! I've got one just like it. The thing is in the dining room, so I don't notice
except when we eat. It is a fridge freezer made in Turkey, the brand is BEKO. It makes
a mooing sound like a cow, a long winded mooooooooo. Quite annoying while eating my
food! Does'nt do it all the time. Otherwise it works OK. Keeps my wine nicely chilled.
Quote:
Dave, I would much rather have mooing than the ear splitting whining. It's now quiet thanks to my nifty fingers twisting the knobs. Take that, you whining fridge! I'm back with the cooler and picked up a Mickey D's egg/biscuit on the way home. Now I need to clean out the whiner!
My current little peeve is .......
"You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours..."
I'd rather having mooing than whining too. Most of this offshore crap is not made to last. I'd have unplugged the fridge too, Kitty.

Unread 01-01-2012, 08:26 AM

My own vent this morning is a cold I am babysitting that is not going away. This morning I woke up with a really sore throat. I hate being sick. It's just a waste of time. Oh well, at least I still feel well enough to be on here for a bit.

Unread 01-01-2012, 09:35 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,668 posts, read 10,217,473 times
I'm sorry you're sick, especially on days off.

Unread 01-01-2012, 01:43 PM

37,259 posts, read 10,324,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taigagirl View Post
My own vent this morning is a cold I am babysitting that is not going away. This morning I woke up with a really sore throat. I hate being sick. It's just a waste of time. Oh well, at least I still feel well enough to be on here for a bit.
Sorry you are sick my friend. *Hands Taigagirl another warm bowl of Chatteress' famous chicken noodle* Feel better soon.

Unread 01-01-2012, 02:37 PM

6,441 posts, read 1,663,449 times
Quote:
Sorry you are sicky. Take herbs and vitamins, drink lots of water and juice. Get well soon!

Unread 01-01-2012, 04:52 PM

4,254 posts, read 2,308,636 times
Quote:
If it continues, consult this site, they have some good home remedies there. Hope you feel better. Sore Throat Cures

Unread 01-01-2012, 05:18 PM

6,441 posts, read 1,663,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
If it continues, consult this site, they have some good home remedies there. Hope you feel better. Sore Throat Cures
I use that web site a lot! Check it out, taigagirl! Get better!

Unread 01-01-2012, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
I'm sorry you're sick, especially on days off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Sorry you are sick my friend. *Hands Taigagirl another warm bowl of Chatteress' famous chicken noodle* Feel better soon.
Quote:
Sorry you are sicky. Take herbs and vitamins, drink lots of water and juice. Get well soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
Quote:
I use that web site a lot! Check it out, taigagirl! Get better!
Thanks so much everyone for your well wishes. Your're the best. I shouldn't even be on here, but I am tired of sleeping the last three or four hours, and I woke up with a fever and really sore throat. Good friends always help people feel better when they are sick. I'll take all your suggestions.

Unread 01-01-2012, 09:02 PM

5,446 posts, read 2,052,774 times
Quote:
Thanks so much everyone for your well wishes. Your're the best. I shouldn't even be on here, but I am tired of sleeping the last three or four hours, and I woke up with a fever and really sore throat. Good friends always help people feel better when they are sick. I'll take all your suggestions.
Take 2 aspirin or tylenol for the fever and try hot lemonade with honey for your cold or mix the pills with the lemonade. Lots of liquid also taiga and plenty of rest. Hope you feel better soon my friend.

Unread 01-02-2012, 06:30 AM

2,482 posts, read 685,577 times
Quote:
Edit: Repair guy was amazed at the cleanliness of the bottom, back and coils of the fridge. I keep a clean home but there's nothing me or anyone else can do about crappy things produced the last decade or so with imported parts.
It doesn't seem to matter anymore if you take care of your appliances or not they just don't last because of poor workmanship and parts My six month old broken washer is a perfect example of imported steel breaking......what a bunch of crap!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics