Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2012, 02:49 PM

4,699 posts, read 3,279,018 times

Advertisements

Best of luck to you Tiluha!!!

Old 01-08-2012, 07:02 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,883,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty_FL View Post
I'm forming a search party for sun queen who is MIA all month. Select your gear and join a team and find that woman!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larksong View Post
I know I miss the Sun too!!!!!
Yeah,,, I've been wondering the same thing. I've already emailed her and sent a DM but no response yet. I've hopeful everything is ok.

Old 01-08-2012, 07:09 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,831,695 times
Quote:
I'm forming a search party for sun queen who is MIA all month. Select your gear and join a team and find that woman!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larksong View Post
I know I miss the Sun too!!!!!
We all need Sun in our lives.... I am missing her too!! Hope she is back very soon.

Old 01-08-2012, 07:10 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,570,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Yeah,,, I've been wondering the same thing. I've already emailed her and sent a DM but no response yet. I've hopeful everything is ok.
Same here! Hope she's okay, her last post:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/22345736-post40.html

Old 01-08-2012, 09:57 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,986,894 times
The story about Amanda Cummings made me very sad and mad. You might have read about her being bullied and taking her own life. There have always been bullies and victims, but I don't ever remember an incident like this growing up. What's wrong with kids today, oh yeah sure people have always said that but to think people were still sending hateful messages after she passed away is just sick. Even if certain people didn't like her, could they not exercise some common decency, even for the sake of her family. It makes you wonder doesn't it, have we evolved or not. When I read stories like this I tend to think very negatively about the world today and where we are heading. The school had counselors on hand to help students, yeah what are they gonna say that is really helpful, what a load of superficial band-aid crap. I remember a similar incident a year or so ago, a young English girl new to this country, she too was bullied by a group of vicious female students, she too took her own life. The mean girls involved in both these incidents, how do they sleep at night?

Girl Even Cyberbullied After Death As Family Prepares Funeral - ktla.com

*Maybe SQ has had computer problems, I wondered where she's been as well.

Old 01-09-2012, 02:34 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,430,016 times
Some kids have a cruel streak, many lack empathy, and don't realise the pain they are
causing. They think everything is a big joke. It was going on when I was a kid, but the
level seems worse now. I remember a young girl in my school, I did'nt come across her
till I was 11 when I went to senior school. Turned out she'd suffered from bullying since
she was very young. She had a poor background, so her clothes were pretty shabby. But
the real problem was her mother bleached her hair. It was a yellowy colour, and of course
she had dark roots. This poor girl got no peace, and her life was made a misery by other
children. She should have got more protection from the teachers, I should think today she
would. When I went to a new school when I was 10, I got a bit of it from the school bully.
I got the usual stuff from him, "see you after school". I knew what I had to do, or he would
have made my life a misery. Other kids were frightened of him, but I fought my corner, he was bigger than me, but I would'nt give up. I hurt him enough so he left me alone after that.

Old 01-09-2012, 06:23 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,250,958 times
Bullies seem to always travel with a pod of a$$ kissing minions. How about yours? Was he alone or leading an evil group? I noticed at a very young age that bullies are cowards. They never attack anyone their own size and all bullies are cruel to animals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Some kids have a cruel streak, many lack empathy, and don't realise the pain they are
causing. They think everything is a big joke. It was going on when I was a kid, but the
level seems worse now. I remember a young girl in my school, I did'nt come across her
till I was 11 when I went to senior school. Turned out she'd suffered from bullying since
she was very young. She had a poor background, so her clothes were pretty shabby. But
the real problem was her mother bleached her hair. It was a yellowy colour, and of course
she had dark roots. This poor girl got no peace, and her life was made a misery by other
children. She should have got more protection from the teachers, I should think today she
would. When I went to a new school when I was 10, I got a bit of it from the school bully.
I got the usual stuff from him, "see you after school". I knew what I had to do, or he would
have made my life a misery. Other kids were frightened of him, but I fought my corner, he was bigger than me, but I would'nt give up. I hurt him enough so he left me alone after that.

Old 01-09-2012, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Bullies seem to always travel with a pod of a$$ kissing minions. How about yours? Was he alone or leading an evil group? I noticed at a very young age that bullies are cowards. They never attack anyone their own size and all bullies are cruel to animals.
Bullying is absolutely unforgiveable. It is really so sad that the victim does not get the support they need and require. The scariest thing to me is how social media is used for bullying, and the the fact that bullying has grown so very, very vicious in nature.

Old 01-09-2012, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Tried to rep you..but I was stopped by the rep police.

Old 01-09-2012, 10:50 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,430,016 times
The boy who tried it on with me when I was 10 years old did have his followers - they
always do. Some of those tend to stick close to the bully, and do as he says, do so
because they're frightened he'll turn on them if they don't do this. I had problems with
him from my arrival at the school. I knew what I had to do, you haven't any choice really,
or they make your life a misery. He hurt me, but I broke his nose. Later in life, like at senior
school, I always stood up to a bully, because in the long run, it's the best way. You always
find them, even in the army. One was so bad, I had to hit him with a fire door to make him
understand not to bother me!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics