Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2012, 12:37 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,829,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Flower View Post
I think I am sunk. In this economy, I won't be able to get a job. I am doomed. This is my rant, minis all the crap.
Wild Flower, there are many of us hoping and praying that your situation changes soon. Please do not give up hope. Hugs to you....

Old 02-01-2012, 01:49 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,012,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
That stinks Chat!!! How about a note from your physician?
My husband had to serve on a Fed grand jury for 2 YEARS. I kid you not! Every Wed. he had to drive into Boston when we lived in MA. He had to pass indictments down on people *or not*....

I hope it all works out for you!
Yeah ... I may have to schedule a doctor's appt but I was hoping to avoid the expense and time off from work. Plus, I have to get instructions from the jury service as I already used my excuse form and don't have the option of another excuse online. Trouble is getting a hold of anyone at the number provided. They don't make this easy on folks at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by taigagirl View Post
It's really sad that juries are supposed to be made up of representation from every corner of society. The reality for many folks is that they would like to be able to offer their time and services, but the reimbursement does not pay the bills. Many people up here ask to be excused from jury duty because they cannot afford to take the time off work, or do not have any holidays to use. You go girl!! You've worked so hard, Chat. Do whatever you have to do. The extended travel you would have to take is really asking a bit much on top of everything else.
Yes ... If they would only compensate their jurors, then more folks would be willing to do jury service. $15 dollars a day does not pay the bills ... That's way below minimum wage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
I've attended so many meeting for breakfast or coffee with the councilman of my district that I worry when they recognize me and call me by first name when I walk into the area. I find that working "with" them instead of just bitching makes a big difference.....

I hope things work out well for you. Tomorrow is my first day of jury duty in the last four or five years so I'll see how it goes. I don't like having to travel downtown however it will be interesting and I'll get through it.
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
^THIS!!! Thinking of you Chatt...hang in there, hopefully something comes up to rectify your situation...a voir dire perhaps?
Let's hope.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
It stinks....hey, maybe your number won't be called. I thought of you yesterday, Chatt. There's a judge in Illinois who sentenced a jury-dodger to two Mondays of hanging around outside the courtroom and he had to wear a sign that said "I skipped out on Jury Duty" (or words to that effect). They said it's the 2nd time this judge did that.

Remember DH lost our debit card about 10 days ago? Well, we got our new cards on Thursday and our new pin # on Friday. I got groceries today and tried to use the card for the first time. The operative word here being TRIED. Gggrrrrrr.... I think it was my fault, tho. I think I transposed the last 2 digits.
I'm hoping that I won't be called in at all. *keeping my fingers crossed*
Sorry about the debit card ... That is frustrating ... I hope things get rectified soon
Quote:
I had that happen with my new debit card too. I asked at the bank if the card could beused anywhere or needed to be activated at any branch and she chirped "of course". Of course not..was the reality. That branch, only. The communication I received with the card stated "start using immediately". Poor communication or what
That stinks! I hope it gets rectified soon for you too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Flower View Post
I think I am sunk. In this economy, I won't be able to get a job. I am doomed. This is my rant, minis all the crap.
Hang in there ... I know it's rough but BE persistent. Something WILL turn up for you!

Old 02-01-2012, 03:23 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,869,458 times
Nothing makes me madder than going to the pharmacy department in a store and finding out that the prescription drug area is “closed” for lunch and their lunch hour is 1:30 to 2:30 Can’t someone stay and manage the department while others go to lunch? Is that asking too much? And isn’t the NORMAL lunch hour of any business 12-1 ????????

I need some drugs to claim me down.

Old 02-01-2012, 05:25 PM

24,445 posts, read 25,978,821 times
^^ I'm glad I have Kaiser.

Old 02-01-2012, 05:37 PM

6,990 posts, read 11,408,010 times
I hate it when the stupid bath hog is in the bath hogging the damn room so I have to hold in this big crap for ages feeling uncomfortable. I never take so damn long to have a bath. Grrrrr.

Old 02-01-2012, 06:28 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,566,526 times
Quote:
Nothing makes me madder than going to the pharmacy department in a store and finding out that the prescription drug area is “closed” for lunch and their lunch hour is 1:30 to 2:30 Can’t someone stay and manage the department while others go to lunch? Is that asking too much? And isn’t the NORMAL lunch hour of any business 12-1 ????????

Me too...I need something for my teen-induced stress! They can be so self-absorbed at times and totally oblivious to anything else.

Old 02-01-2012, 08:06 PM

3,968 posts, read 8,498,163 times
Quote:

Hope you were able to get your meds and are feeling better.

We have 2 pharmacies in town. Both have just one pharmacist on duty at any one time since we are such a small community. The one closes the pharmacy counter for an hour each day for lunch. The pharmacist at the other one just eats lunch in the office right behind the counter in case something comes up. (That's the one we use.)

Just a thought, maybe the reason for the late lunch hour is so they are open when other people might be running errands on their lunch hour. Of course, if there is more than one pharmacist, it doesn't make sense to close.

Old 02-01-2012, 09:10 PM

6,926 posts, read 6,549,290 times
Quote:

AksarbeN, I have my pharmacy's open 24 hrs. a day 7 days a week, including Christmas (which I don't approve of).

I hope your feeling better and finally got your medication in a timely manner.

I remember years ago, I think the media started this hype but people were sticking there heads out there windows screaming: I'M MAD A HELL AND I'M NOT TAKING IT ANYMORE!" Now I call that a good stress reliever.

Old 02-02-2012, 11:05 AM

3,947 posts, read 2,570,802 times
Quote:
Wild Flower, there are many of us hoping and praying that your situation changes soon. Please do not give up hope. Hugs to you....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Yeah ... I may have to schedule a doctor's appt but I was hoping to avoid the expense and time off from work. Plus, I have to get instructions from the jury service as I already used my excuse form and don't have the option of another excuse online. Trouble is getting a hold of anyone at the number provided. They don't make this easy on folks at all.

Yes ... If they would only compensate their jurors, then more folks would be willing to do jury service. $15 dollars a day does not pay the bills ... That's way below minimum wage

Thanks!

Let's hope.

Sorry about the debit card ... That is frustrating ... I hope things get rectified soon

Hang in there ... I know it's rough but BE persistent. Something WILL turn up for you!
Thank you ALL of you- here at CD, esp. the DM and profile Ms. Your thoughts and prayers must be working. I just sent off my resume to a job at a hotel that I would be great at. They stated they are wanting an out-going self-motivating person for their guess services position!

I already had a resume to another hotel that I tweaked and made it look oh, so good!

I hope this is it! I could be! (and if not, well, there will be a great one after! But this is it! )

I have a visit with a good friend in an hour!

Hope you all have a great day and have less stress, more peace!

Old 02-02-2012, 11:08 AM

3,947 posts, read 2,570,802 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post

Thanks!

Let's hope.

Chatteress, my heart goes out to you and your situation. It seems so UN-common sense for them not to understand you need a closer location! I wish the best for you and hope they come to their senses!

----

Thank you ALL of you- here at CD, esp. the DM and profile Ms. Your thoughts and prayers must be working. I just sent off my resume to a job at a hotel that I would be great at. They stated they are wanting an out-going self-motivating person for their guess services position!

I already had a resume to another hotel that I tweaked and made it look oh, so good!

I hope this is it! I could be! (and if not, well, there will be a great one after! But this is it! )

I have a visit with a good friend in an hour!

Hope you all have a great day and have less stress, more peace!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics