U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-03-2012, 10:36 PM

24,312 posts, read 16,372,089 times

Advertisements

The past several days have been getting too busy with issues and meetings. I’m tired of this and I want things to start moving along without the difficult roadblocks. Enough is enough already!

This week I’ve tried to help a dear friend with legal issues. The law is simple it’s black & white, right or wrong, nothing too hard to figure out. Yet,,,,, two different attorneys came up with two different opinions and both believe they are right. How can that be? Now I’ve got to revisit the first attorney again and talk about why they feel that they are correct in the way they think the case should be handled. [ just because one of them is telling me what I want to hear doesn’t make it right! ]

Old 02-04-2012, 10:43 AM

62 posts, read 34,667 times
Unhappy me unloading :(

I feel like I want to explode from everything going on in my life!!! My husbands family hates me, half of my family disowns me and we are having problems with our Vehicles, my second semester of college has gone down the drain because of the daily struggles and Everyday I apply at a job and sometimes get an interview to only find out that it is a temporary position or one that only offers 10-15 hours a week which would not even cover my cost of gas..and you know its bad when you now are missing sunday's at church because of financial struggles as well as a piece of crap car. OH MY GOSH WILL THINGS EVER GET BETTER?

Old 02-04-2012, 12:51 PM

1,897 posts, read 688,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Flower View Post
Chatteress, my heart goes out to you and your situation. It seems so UN-common sense for them not to understand you need a closer location! I wish the best for you and hope they come to their senses!
Chatteress, sorry my post got double posted, and my comment to you kind of buried. I pray you will find a great job when your other opportunities peter out. You are strong and resilient. I feel that resilience too. Sometimes it seems like a curse- how much CAN I take??! You are strong and you will come out on top! Keep doing what you are. Best wishes.

Old 02-04-2012, 01:14 PM

37,788 posts, read 12,147,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Flower View Post
Chatteress, sorry my post got double posted, and my comment to you kind of buried. I pray you will find a great job when your other opportunities peter out. You are strong and resilient. I feel that resilience too. Sometimes it seems like a curse- how much CAN I take??! You are strong and you will come out on top! Keep doing what you are. Best wishes.
Thanks Wild Flower! You also are resilient and will get through this rough season in your life. Hang in there friend!

Old 02-05-2012, 09:06 AM

Chores around the house that require more than one or two days to complete! Why are there no laws against this????????? Who decides that we need to have this or that repaired, replaced, or removed?

Old 02-05-2012, 04:34 PM

5,100 posts, read 3,290,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
The past several days have been getting too busy with issues and meetings. Iím tired of this and I want things to start moving along without the difficult roadblocks. Enough is enough already!

This week Iíve tried to help a dear friend with legal issues. The law is simple itís black & white, right or wrong, nothing too hard to figure out. Yet,,,,, two different attorneys came up with two different opinions and both believe they are right. How can that be? Now Iíve got to revisit the first attorney again and talk about why they feel that they are correct in the way they think the case should be handled. [ just because one of them is telling me what I want to hear doesnít make it right! ]
That's very kind of you to help out, so many people call themselves friends but run at the first sign of trouble. I wish I'd had a friend like you to help me through the mess I have to deal with. It's taken such an extra toll on my health. I hope it all turns out ok for your friend.

Ya know just because they have a J.D. behind their name doesn't mean they are all that smart. When I was trying to find one for my problems I talked to some very stupid ones. I just couldn't believe the stupid questions and answers I got. And would you believe that neither of the dolts I hired checked into whether the guy ever paid the taxes on the house. You'd think when foreclosing on a property checking on the tax situation would be important information. Even after it was over this idiot is telling me I didn't have to worry about the taxes for awhile. He didn't call and check and had no idea, and you know what happens when you assume. Finding anyone that know what they are doing and does quality work is difficult these days.

Old 02-05-2012, 05:09 PM

5,100 posts, read 3,290,812 times
Ya know I took my Great Pyrenees, Topsy, into the vet for the cancer in and around her ear. As expected due to its location there is nothing they or the Omaha vet can do about it. She is still eating ok, I'm going to buy something I used before to help their immune system function better and she remains on prednisone and antibiotics. Nothing more I can do.

I named her Topsy after the circus elephant that was electrocuted by that sadist, Thomas Edison.

Old 02-06-2012, 08:38 PM

Angry Gift Cards don't work well at all locations!!!!! :-(

We received a giftcard for KFC from our out of state SIL for xmas. Tonight we went to the local KFC to use the card and purchase food to go. The card didnít work for the clerk; he had to check with the manager. Nothing they did seemed to allow us to use the card.

After returning home I checked and the card is good but NOT AT ANY local stores in our city. I have to drive 2 hrs or more to use the card at KFC.

Tomorrow Iíll be talking with KFC home office and ask why someone can pay good money for a giftcard and the person receiving the card canít use it?

Old 02-06-2012, 09:40 PM

37,788 posts, read 12,147,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
We received a giftcard for KFC from our out of state SIL for xmas. Tonight we went to the local KFC to use the card and purchase food to go. The card didnít work for the clerk; he had to check with the manager. Nothing they did seemed to allow us to use the card.

After returning home I checked and the card is good but NOT AT ANY local stores in our city. I have to drive 2 hrs or more to use the card at KFC.

Tomorrow Iíll be talking with KFC home office and ask why someone can pay good money for a giftcard and the person receiving the card canít use it?
That sucks ... I remember an aunt giving me two separate gift retailer gift cards (Wal-Mart and Macys) that were purchased in Texas. I had no issue using them in California. I'd definitely complain to corporate.

Old 02-07-2012, 06:12 AM

20,524 posts, read 16,839,566 times
It really gets me when people KNOW youre going to be at work and not everyone has the ability to carry/use their phones while on the job. Yet when break time or lunch time comes, you discover there are several missed calls and/or text messages asking where are you or why dont you respond, or just blank messages. REALLY??!! Im pretty sure I mentioned I will be at work during those certain hours, geeze!
If someone needs to get hold of me for a family related emergency then they call my work and they can page me, but dont call me for stupid stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics