U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-13-2012, 10:23 AM

14,334 posts, read 14,768,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Welcome to the world of the 99%er.

On the bright side, at least you're still in a HOME. Not that it helps but just to look at the alternative.

It's a problem with all corporate America, Bankers & Wall street GREED!
Exactly, and now CNN p**sses me off, they are sponsored by banksters (JPMorgan) so "all is great in america" so long as CEOs have their litlle vacation in Davos, Switzerland and get their chateau in Zurich .

Its ridiculous. So I got rid of satellite and now get real news from PBS or linktv.com.

Old 02-13-2012, 02:29 PM

8,317 posts, read 1,256,060 times
I've just watched a programme on tv about poverty in America. It was a thought provoking
piece of tv. The saddest part was a place in Tennesee where hundreds of people gathered
outside a building at 2am in the morning, waiting for some doctors and dentists who were
giving their services free from 6am. It was upsetting to see these proud people waiting for
help they needed, but could'nt afford to pay for. Another part about problems in Las Vegas
really hit home, because I recognised places I have seen myself while on holiday there. There
are massive problems, and no one really seems to know what to do. Things are deteriorating
here as well. Yet, the rich are getting richer even in these hard times. Bankers in this country
are still getting massive bonuses. I fear what's coming unless some real answers are found
soon.

Old 02-13-2012, 08:57 PM

37,607 posts, read 11,047,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Can't stand people or family - that you have not seen for years - that have this image and notion of you that is exactly like when they left off...Like a person that has not seen you in twenty years who assumes people do not change..and they insist on treating you like the person you were and not are...Time changes all - some it makes worse - some it makes better - In my case I believe that time has improved me...so it really irks me when someone attempts to persecute a person that no longer exists...such as the old me - the old me is gone.
That would drive me bonkers ... I also hate when no matter how old you are, certain family members still talk down to you as if you were a child ....

Old 02-13-2012, 09:00 PM

Geez whiz ... Just when I'm trying to put the whole jury duty crap out of my mind until it's time to serve in May, I get ANOTHER letter from them reiterating that my location transfer request was denied ... I KNOW that already so why waste tax dollars mailing me this THIRD summons? I'm trying not to be upset about the fact that I have to take TWO buses to Compton, an area I feel unsafe in just because some bureaucrat says so. I live 15 minutes away via bus from a county courthouse so there's NO REASON why I should have to be forced to travel to Compton.

Old 02-14-2012, 05:23 AM

7,371 posts, read 3,037,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Geez whiz ... Just when I'm trying to put the whole jury duty crap out of my mind until it's time to serve in May, I get ANOTHER letter from them reiterating that my location transfer request was denied ... I KNOW that already so why waste tax dollars mailing me this THIRD summons? I'm trying not to be upset about the fact that I have to take TWO buses to Compton, an area I feel unsafe in just because some bureaucrat says so. I live 15 minutes away via bus from a county courthouse so there's NO REASON why I should have to be forced to travel to Compton.
Chat, I am so sorry this has not resolved itself for you. Did you ever try getting that physician's note that some folks had suggested you get; I cannot believe that economic hardship does not play into the picture. Like one's landlord is really going to care if you are late paying the rent because you had to serve on a jury.

Old 02-14-2012, 08:40 AM

6,441 posts, read 1,871,355 times
Lordy, Lordy! Or what I'm really thinking is lots of four letter words. I called the vet to make sure the $490 exam yesterday included checking my cat's teeth to see if a tooth problem was the cause of the nose bleed. No, he did not and I can take the cat back in this afternoon at no charge. No sh*t!

My poor gentle boy is sitting next the monitor and the nose has been bleeding again. Another vet visit will make him feel like he's being thrown away but this visit had better take care of the problem.

Old 02-14-2012, 03:35 PM

306 posts, read 59,251 times
Is it hot or raining, make up your mind!!

Stupid weather

Old 02-14-2012, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taigagirl View Post
Chat, I am so sorry this has not resolved itself for you. Did you ever try getting that physician's note that some folks had suggested you get; I cannot believe that economic hardship does not play into the picture. Like one's landlord is really going to care if you are late paying the rent because you had to serve on a jury.
Yeah ... This is one thing about my country that makes me feel less than patriotic ... Since I've already used my form, I need to get a new form (not an easy task as it isn't easy to get a hold of someone) then take it to my doctor within the time window they give me. The financial hardship should have been enough ... At least they should have given me a transfer as there are two nearby me. I'll just need to put it out of my mind as my time isn't until late May ... Just makes me mad whenever I think of it though.

Old 02-14-2012, 08:47 PM

I just spent the past 3 hours trying to get home from work ... It's bad enough when my train cuts it so close to the bus timepoint that I end up waiting 30 minutes for the next bus ... But when that 30 minute wait turns into an HOUR because the bus failed to show and it's FREEZING out there?! Arrrggghhh!

Old 02-15-2012, 11:16 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,672 posts, read 10,699,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Yeah ... This is one thing about my country that makes me feel less than patriotic ... Since I've already used my form, I need to get a new form (not an easy task as it isn't easy to get a hold of someone) then take it to my doctor within the time window they give me. The financial hardship should have been enough ... At least they should have given me a transfer as there are two nearby me. I'll just need to put it out of my mind as my time isn't until late May ... Just makes me mad whenever I think of it though.
Chatt, my dear...the problem is your solution makes sense. Therefore, the govt. can't or won't do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.