Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2012, 09:50 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,880,923 times

Advertisements

I always enjoyed taking the bus to work years ago, except in the winter. Every time it snowed, others would leave their cars at home and take the bus, making it impossible for the regular riders to even get on that day. I ended up needing to have Mrs Aks drive me to a bus stop a few miles before my normal location where I'd catch it, just to get on that day.

Old 02-27-2012, 09:59 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,018,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
I always enjoyed taking the bus to work years ago, except in the winter. Every time it snowed, others would leave their cars at home and take the bus, making it impossible for the regular riders to even get on that day. I ended up needing to have Mrs Aks drive me to a bus stop a few miles before my normal location where I'd catch it, just to get on that day.
That must've been frustrating ... Fortunately, we have the opposite phenomenon whereas folks find alternative means of commuting and the buses are less crowded. My issue with mass transit in winter is just the agonizing wait out in the cold. Which reminds me ... I'm not looking forward to tomorrow morning's 2.5 hour commute via 2 buses and 2 trains

Old 02-27-2012, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taigagirl View Post
Glad you are back, we were all venting when you were away about how much we missed you....
Yeah Miss elusive Sun Queen You gave us all a scare for a while there ...

Old 02-28-2012, 05:40 AM

19,517 posts, read 9,537,245 times
Just bought a bag of nuts last night and noticed the packaging changed to one that is a ziplock bag. Nice, I thought. Now I won't have to take the time to transfer contents to one of those bags. So, I opened the bag very carefully but what happened... a small area of the bag tore from the resealable zip part. So much for that! Cheap bag If I want to keep them fresh, looks like I'm going to have to put these in another resealable bag after all.

@AKS - I'm a bit miffed hearing about your situation. I'm not sure I understand why people start a franchise and say they're not going to accept any of that particular company's coupons/gift cards or they pick and choose what they'll accept and what they won't. If I was the head honcho and people wanted to start a franchise in their area, I'd say that they would have to abide by the same offers and gift cards as all the others, if they don't like it, they can start up their own chicken restaurant but NOT under the KfC name. They can do their own "specials" then.

Old 02-28-2012, 05:53 PM

Unhappy Thanks for nothing!

http://www.city-data.com/forum/23160749-post4752.html

I don’t want to sound like I’m complaining however it p’s me off that I had to go through a number of phone calls to KFC corporate offices to get a problem resolved only to find that this morning Mrs Aks got a phone call back from them apologizing for the situation and that they would have a check sent to me within the next ten to fifteen days. Then this afternoon in the mail I received a check from them. {{{WTF}}}

Again, I’m happy to get the money back but with all of the phone calls and computer documentation no one had indicated that they cut a check and it was already mailed. Yeah,, here I am talking to their customer service department again and again without their even knowing that or saying that “a check was printed and sent to you four or five days ago” !

My last phone calls were to their corporate CEO and president because no one in the lower offices working directly with the customers could provide any service. On Monday when I last spoke with their corporate office they simply could have said the check is in the mail you should have it by the end of the week.

Thanks KFC for the “refund” check to replace the “unusable” gift card. However with all of the poor service from the KFC franchise store to the corporate office over the past month or so I will (NEVER) do business with you.

I’ll spend the $20 bucks at Church’s Chicken in town!

Old 02-28-2012, 06:04 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,261,770 times
You have a Church's Chicken??? When can hubby and I visit???

Old 02-28-2012, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
I have one in the neighboring city ... LOVE their chicken, fried okra and mashed potatoes .... Ya better come and visit ME

Old 02-28-2012, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
I have one in the neighboring city ... LOVE their chicken, fried okra and mashed potatoes .... Ya better come and visit ME
Sounds like we could have a party! lol doors open all the time, come on down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-28-2012, 09:03 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
i loath litigation but greedy people wont take a reasonable offer so off to the lawyer we go.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 02-28-2012 at 09:27 PM..

Old 02-29-2012, 08:41 AM

7,371 posts, read 6,831,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i loath litigation but greedy people wont take a reasonable offer so off to the lawyer we go.
Hope it all works out for you, Huckleberry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics