Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2012, 03:39 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,986,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Be the change that you want to see in the world, a nice thought.

I am sick of selfish people who always get their way and never apologize. My neighbor ripped down 50 pine trees that were over 30 years old and provided nice shade and privacy in the backyard. (Mid point of mine and their property line).

When I called her she said her husband planted them 30 years ago, and that they would plant new smaller trees . I know for a fact those trees were over 40 years old, as I have seen the legal survey map. I dislike liars and phonies.
Were the trees on their side then? Why take them down, just to plant new smaller trees, if they even do it at all. 50 thats a lot of trees, bet it looks much different and worse with them gone. I love trees, thats a crime they took down so many healthy trees. I think even if the trees were on their property it would have been nice to let you know. Tall fences and trees make for good neighbors, at least in some cases.

That change line is a good one, but some changes take money, lots of money to accomplish. That's what frustrates me. If people cared less about all the material crap and keeping up with the Jones, the world would be much better. Selfish greedy people rule the world for the most part, and that makes me sick too.

Old 04-02-2012, 04:35 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,592,930 times
I agree todd. Selfishness in American society knows no ends for some people.

Yes..it was half and half by law. But she never mentioned it until the chainsaws started at 7 AM.

I agree the backyard was cool in summer with those beautiful trees...The rest of my yard is surrounded by them. Supposedly they are planting smaller treees/shrubs. It was due to high winds and the husband was paranoid a tree may come down. Kind of hard to knock down a 15 story tree, but whatever.

The guy obsesses about his lawn and had mulch put in so that there was less grass in his backyard to mow. He is obsessive about the lawn. Maybe I should let my dogs run loose over there,lol.

Old 04-02-2012, 05:59 PM

Hope you can move soon DofM, just another reason to go...for now you can see the neighbors better. Ya, I'm sure they would love your dogs visiting.

Old 04-02-2012, 07:31 PM

3,969 posts, read 8,501,739 times
While I was out for my walk tonight, I was careful stepping into the crosswalk at one intersection. Luckily I waited or I would have been plowed over by a driver who wasn't watching the road, but was watching what he was texting. I did tell the 10 year old on the bicycle he needed to be watching the road.

Old 04-02-2012, 07:51 PM

866 posts, read 1,137,239 times
people who move into the neighborhood from a big city to small town...start complaining about how trashy the neighborhood looks, and our fence in particular...
we are renters first off, so maintenance is landlords responcibility...try to help the landlord with
repairs, since the rent is so low, but because of physical limitations can't do the work as easily now...made the effort to fix the fence but the neighbor's wife doesn't feel the work is good enough...fine put up a fence on your side of the property line and leave us alone...have NO use for her now, for sure...

Old 04-03-2012, 09:04 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,880,923 times
Angry Lane Cutting

People cutting into a newly opened checkout line at a store today was just a little bit too much for me. I had to speak loudly to her and the clerk “is that lane now opened, and if so maybe some of the others waiting here in this line would like to checkout first?” Well that didn’t go over very well with the “lane cutter” who had something to say back. I then simply announced that we all should take our turns and everyone will be on their way in the order they got in line.

A number of others managed to move into the newly started lane and the "cutter" had to wait behind them until it was her turn.

Old 04-04-2012, 07:25 AM

3,969 posts, read 8,501,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
People cutting into a newly opened checkout line at a store today was just a little bit too much for me. I had to speak loudly to her and the clerk “is that lane now opened, and if so maybe some of the others waiting here in this line would like to checkout first?” Well that didn’t go over very well with the “lane cutter” who had something to say back. I then simply announced that we all should take our turns and everyone will be on their way in the order they got in line.

A number of others managed to move into the newly started lane and the "cutter" had to wait behind them until it was her turn.
I imagine why that is why many stores have now gone to a single line feeding into all the checkouts. You just wait in the one line and when you get to the front of it, you go to the first available cashier. Too bad common courtesy has become so uncommon these days.

Old 04-04-2012, 07:45 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,250,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post

Serves her right! In my neighborhood I've had people offer to let me go in front because I have less items. That's very nice and I do the same for others. I've also seen a clerk arriving to open a new register tap the person waiting the longest and tell them. So far I haven't encountered the rude shoppers and employees in Publix are exceptionally courteous. They're all over the store offering assistance to find things. My good luck!

Old 04-04-2012, 08:12 AM

I can imagine what the "cutter" is like behind the wheel. On the phone or texting, in both lanes, looking at herself in the mirror, and drinking some over priced water.

Old 04-04-2012, 10:39 AM

1,791 posts, read 1,792,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shroombeanie View Post
Not stressed but definitely venting. Have had a rough but enlightening 2011. Finally off temporary assistance. Working more than full time driving a taxi 5 days a week, 12 hours a day. Something I have 3 years of experience with from Florida. Only now, driving from 4am to 4pm, I don't have to deal with the drunks and druggies. Found a nice place for myself in a quiet part of Plattsburgh NY. At only $450 a month, everything included, it makes it even nicer. I also have a new 'lady-friend" who also enjoys a drama free lifestyle. My former mates' daughter that caused us so much trouble is facing Karma's wrath. Not just for what she caused us. But every bridge she burned. Every person she did wrong. She's finding out that there are consequences to wrongs we do in this life. Her "pretty little existence" isn't so "pretty" after all. With 1 - 3 in a women's prison and/or shock camp and including 3 years of parole perhaps she may get a clue. But I wasn't about to spend the money I made bell-ringing for Salvation Army, to get my license back, to bail her out.
Anyway... life is much better. At least as good as it can be with the mess our Country is in. I'm smiling at this moment though.
I've certainly missed being a part of the City-Data 'community' for the past few months. Will be here a little more often now. And more still when I get my own computer. Which isn't too far around the bend.
Feels good to vent. Even if I can't see who's reading it.

Have a good one everybody. Dinner's ready.
Well hello again everyone. So here I am 6 months later (my last visit was October 2011) quoting my own vent. Crazy? Maybe.
I took a chance and switched taxi companies. GREAT decision. I am now the proud owner of a 37" 1080p t.v., a Blu-ray player, cable service, and this new computer. Yes... I'm absolutely happy with myself.
Anyway, I'll be checking in quite a bit more often here, putting my two-cents in.
And just to add... my life is much less stressful now that I'm 'single' for over a year now. Although I do have a steady, (about 8 months) we've agreed (due to similar circumstances) to keep our own places.
One final note... about a month ago I was having kind-of-a rough day and my Mother happened to call. It was about two weeks later when I received a small package from her. Inside was a 4 to 5 inch tall fat frog, with a stationary (sp?) dragonfly near it's head, holding a sign reading... LIFE IS GOOD HERE. It's my new favorite saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics