U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-29-2012, 06:25 PM

469 posts, read 183,212 times
-My friend and I were supposed to hang today. Never got back to me.

-Every year I have fix my kitchen sink because of water issues. My landlord won't fix it cause it not covered in my lease! That's ok. I'll let the apt flood.

-Children should be outlaw! Damn kids.

-Douchebag, don't blocked the train door when I'm trying to get off! MOVE!

-RKO: You are cray and you don't deserve that million dollar bonus.

Old 04-29-2012, 06:54 PM

37,703 posts, read 11,489,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Having people ask you for your opinion and then they want to discuss why your thoughts are wrong and theirs are correct. Give me a break,,,,, dont ask and I wont tell. lol People just arent happy with a simple I like it or I dont like it comment.
That is frustrating for sure. Related to that is when folks offer their unsolicited opinions and get offended or huffy because you are not receptive

Old 04-29-2012, 10:57 PM

23,645 posts, read 15,527,803 times
Interesting. Walmart sending out text messages to cell phones with a message to log onto their webpage and win $1,000. I don’t know if this is a prank by some nutcase trying to get information from people or if Walmart is now in the business of text messaging people. We’ve got two different cell phone numbers and both of them received the same text. NO ONE has our numbers so it appears that Walmart is using an automated dialing system to call and leave a message on their cell. We didn’t reply and I’d never give anyone personal info over the phone. This could have been a scam so I’m not logging onto their webpage to play the game.

Old 04-30-2012, 06:31 AM

6,441 posts, read 1,996,635 times
It's a scam!
http://www.walmartstores.com/Privacy...40.aspx?p=9620

Quote:
Interesting. Walmart sending out text messages to cell phones with a message to log onto their webpage and win $1,000. I don’t know if this is a prank by some nutcase trying to get information from people or if Walmart is now in the business of text messaging people. We’ve got two different cell phone numbers and both of them received the same text. NO ONE has our numbers so it appears that Walmart is using an automated dialing system to call and leave a message on their cell. We didn’t reply and I’d never give anyone personal info over the phone. This could have been a scam so I’m not logging onto their webpage to play the game.

Old 04-30-2012, 07:25 AM

37,703 posts, read 11,489,355 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Kitty View Post
The rule of thumb with unsolicited texts, emails, etc is to never go to the link/URL given but to go directly to the company's website by typing in the URL (the real links can be found doing a Google search) or calling the 800 number of the company (Walmart, bank, etc) to verify whether it is a scam or real. Chances are good that if you don't do business with the company or if you've never given out your email/text number, it is a scam. Always be leery of unsolicited emails/texts/phone calls ....

Old 04-30-2012, 07:37 AM

935 posts, read 787,524 times
I got one of those texts too. Knew it had to be a scam, because for one thing, I've never submitted that phone number to Walmart.

Man - if only some of those emails I get telling me I'd inherited money from people or won some lottery were only true, I'd be a multimillionaire.

Old 04-30-2012, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Kitty View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
The rule of thumb with unsolicited texts, emails, etc is to never go to the link/URL given but to go directly to the company's website by typing in the URL (the real links can be found doing a Google search) or calling the 800 number of the company (Walmart, bank, etc) to verify whether it is a scam or real. Chances are good that if you don't do business with the company or if you've never given out your email/text number, it is a scam. Always be leery of unsolicited emails/texts/phone calls ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cold View Post
I got one of those texts too. Knew it had to be a scam, because for one thing, I've never submitted that phone number to Walmart.

Man - if only some of those emails I get telling me I'd inherited money from people or won some lottery were only true, I'd be a multimillionaire.

Thanks for the link and supporting information. Now I'm not worried that I missed my chance to win $1000 of bucks. lol

Old 04-30-2012, 08:32 AM

Oh,,,, the yard cleanup guys showed up at the door 6am today. It's too early for doing all that work isn't it? Retired people are trying to sleep

Old 04-30-2012, 09:07 AM

7,990 posts, read 5,061,681 times
Quote:
Thanks for the link and supporting information. Now I'm not worried that I missed my chance to win $1000 of bucks. lol

Fortunately, I already heard about the scam before I got the message. It irritates the crap out of me when I get ANY messages from business on my cell phone.NO one is supposed to have that number, other than family members!! I don't put it down on ANYthing! It is an "emergency or message for family" ONLY!

Old 04-30-2012, 11:13 AM

I had entered my cell phone numbers on the National Do Not Call list back when I first got them, and I've also re-entered them again about a year ago.

https://www.donotcall.gov/register/reg.aspx

It's about all a person can do,,,,, but everyone needs to keep alert and don't get scammed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics