U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-09-2012, 10:53 PM

5,216 posts, read 7,440,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Kitty View Post
Same thing happened to me last month. You'd think your acquaintant would be peeing her pants with happiness and either call you or send email as soon as she hooked it up. I know it cost more than a couple of bucks to send a computer. Sorry she has been so careless and not let you know and express her thanks.
LOL. Love the bolded. Well I broke down and sent her a text because I hate clutter and wanted to toss the confirmation slip. I figured as soon as I did, she would call a week later saying she didnt get it or something. She replied right away thanking me and apologized for not responding sooner. She had a lot going on blah blah. I think she might have been embarrassed because I texted her but oh well. Honestly, I don't think she would have gotten around to letting me know. She said it arrived okay but was concerned because the box sat in the rain for a bit. If you know a computer is coming and know the day, why did it sit in the rain? Sigh. She thanked me for wrapping it so well so the computer didnt get damaged. Whatever. She seems grateful but I think Im done going the extra mile.

Old 05-10-2012, 11:53 AM

25,085 posts, read 8,310,514 times
I want to complain about bicyclers riding in the cross walk. I thought u were suppose to walk ur bike across the street especially a very busy intersection. Why do bicyclers not yield??? It could cost them a limb literally.

Old 05-10-2012, 12:03 PM

3,798 posts, read 2,846,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
I want to complain about bicyclers riding in the cross walk. I thought u were suppose to walk ur bike across the street especially a very busy intersection. Why do bicyclers not yield??? It could cost them a limb literally.
I'm a bicycle rider and usually just ride paved trails in Greenville, SC. But to answer your question I think it's because those folks who do that are lazy and don't want to dismount.

There is a love - hate relationship with bike riders here in the Greenville area. Mostly between drivers and bikers. Bikers here sometimes take a great deal of the road, ride in packs, etc...and drivers get irritated at them.

I love biking and try to respect the people around me. Sadly, some people think they are above the law.

Old 05-10-2012, 12:09 PM

3,798 posts, read 2,846,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Outside water leak for the irrigation system seems to be an ongoing battle. I fixed one spot months ago and now Iíve found another leak that needs to be fixed. Iíve got it dug up, so itís now fix the plastic pipe when the weather cools down tomorrow, 93 on the sunny side of the house isnít fun.
I feel your pain. I thought it would be cool to have an in-ground irrigation system, but mine has been nothing but headaches.

When I first moved into the house, we went on a week vacation. Came back and the one sprinkler was somehow stuck ON for days, just creating a huger river of water down the street.

Just last year had to replace the valve system because the off/on valve broke off. Now that section is leaking water.

Saw yesterday one of my pop up heads is broken! By far this system has been the most repaired issue in my home.

Old 05-10-2012, 12:49 PM

14,351 posts, read 15,092,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Kitty View Post
I read about it when it was born, named Lightning Medicine Cloud. A year old now and gone. The skin is probably being sold to one of the very rich who do things like this on a regular basis. I wish them all they deserve.
Rare baby white buffalo killed for its skin
That story is so sad. Whoeover did that should get the maximum felony allowed by law. What is wrong with some people. disgusting and sad commentary on some people.

Old 05-10-2012, 07:29 PM

1,632 posts, read 200,310 times
Still sick after our town's high school baseball team was eliminated in the playoffs due to a horrible call at the plate by the umpire. Two people were lucky enough to have cameras during the action:

Bad Call In Playoff Game Dooms Riesel (Angle 1) - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SQ60OGyKU

The first video messes up a little, though.

Old 05-10-2012, 08:30 PM

4,575 posts, read 2,808,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
That story is so sad. Whoeover did that should get the maximum felony allowed by law. What is wrong with some people. disgusting and sad commentary on some people.
That's what people are like, disgusting, greedy, selfish, evil..the saddest part is that is the type running the world.

And what about the not so rare farm animals, they are only thought of as equipment anyway.

Old 05-11-2012, 12:46 AM

25,085 posts, read 8,310,514 times
U know life is really pretty good, I didn't really have any complaints before about an hour ago- I have these boys but are good kids, but one really taxes me within his struggle to become man. Yeah I am a chick and that seems to be a hinderance in my understanding him so he says. He tends to think if he does the things I require of him he can do anything else he wants and I shouldn't have very much to say about it- sorta like a landlord tenant relationship... Well my complaint is I don't give a chiddddd what u pay... I mean u aught to pay, but I will not tolerate lying among other things just because u r basically respectful to my face and help out when asked and have the appearance of goodness, but behind my back u lying and doing stuff u know I won't tolerate. The kid is pushing my back up against the wall and that is not good for anyone at my house. I don't respect lying, but stupid careless lying really makes me act crazy. The kid is not a good liar and his stupidity is an insult and it brings out the tuff chick that will hoyt him. Either be a better liar or stop doing stupid stuff and getting caught. Well that is my gripe.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:25 AM

23,544 posts, read 15,369,794 times
I’ve got nothing,,,,, it’s Friday and I simply don’t want to start in on any of the chores around the house and yard today……. I need more coffee! Maybe later I’ll get motivated but I just want to wake up slowly and enjoy the early morning without “do this” or “do that”.

Old 05-12-2012, 08:50 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,674 posts, read 10,918,969 times
I never had the joys (or the heartbreaks) of having kids. However, I'm Godmother to four. Only once, in 30+ years of Godmotherhood, have I ever received anything so much as a card from any of them. Even just a quick email would be nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics