Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2012, 10:04 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,012,380 times

Advertisements

Stupid railroad companies interfering with commuter rail by doing track work until the end of July ... Well geez ... This is the month that I'm using the trains more than usual .... At least my coworker is helping me by giving me a lift to work in the mornings but I don't want her to be late on account of me ... It's frustrating when you leave your house at 5:30am and just barely make it in to work by 8am .... Now, I've noticed twice this week that my bus has left the station 3-5 minutes early (which is against the bus policy as that is a timepoint) and if it weren't for my coworker, I'd probably be 30 minutes late because the driver can't seem to adhere to the timepoint. I just finally found some time to call the bus company and ended up speaking with a "supervisor" who would "forward my complaint and the investigation would take approximately 5 days" ... Well ... How will that help me on Friday when my coworker isn't available to help me? *Sigh* Guess I'll have to pay close to $20 for a taxi even though I've already shelled out close to $300 for the darned train/bus pass.

Old 07-12-2012, 04:27 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,322,950 times
I should be sleeping, but I am up thinking... and posting and doing no sleeping...

Old 07-12-2012, 09:37 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,869,458 times
repair work is getting much higher than I expected.

Old 07-12-2012, 10:40 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,249,107 times
The computer world. Oy! Last month I found trojans in both computers. Ended up closing gmail with wariness of google search. Set up yahoo. Just sat down to watch the news and hear that yahoo had a security breach. Wonderful, just wonderful. A hacker allegedly gathered nearly half a million email addresses with passwords and has posted all of it online. Changed my p/w, of course. Also searched for my email name and it doesn't show up. Creepy crawly computer stuff. Really aggravating.

Old 07-12-2012, 08:09 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,012,380 times
So the train was 30 minutes late this morning ... I had to call my coworker ahead of time to tell her to just go ahead to work without me ... I wound up getting in just before 8:30am ... Frustrating when I left my house at 5:30am ...

At least the positive side is that my boss for this assignment will work with me on this ... She says that she understands how far I commute and offered me some options should I be late so that gives me some sense of peace.

Old 07-12-2012, 09:35 PM

My primary pc at home just got nailed today with a very bad malware problem. It's locked up and will not allow me to do anything, sooooo it's now in the shop having qualified people look at it. Don't you just love the internet and the harmful issues that come along with it?

Good thing I've got a backup laptop!

Old 07-13-2012, 06:58 AM

I've got some volunteer work to do this morning that requires me to go into the city for a meeting.

I hate meetings and going into town.

Old 07-13-2012, 09:08 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,249,107 times
The hacker criminals have been very busy. Even though I have McAfee on this one I'm using right now, it has begun the same aggravating activity that preceded finding trojans. McAfee is not finding anything so I think I'll dump it so I can use malwarebytes and see what happens.

Good luck with yours, Aks. Let us know what the qualified people find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
My primary pc at home just got nailed today with a very bad malware problem. It's locked up and will not allow me to do anything, sooooo it's now in the shop having qualified people look at it. Don't you just love the internet and the harmful issues that come along with it?

Good thing I've got a backup laptop!

Old 07-13-2012, 10:06 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,787,488 times
I work at a quirky little hospital filled with eccentric personalities and crazy family members. I can understand the young male patient with a sex toy and being flagrant about his physical needs, but what I saw yesterday at work takes the cake. There was this three year old monster with a magic marker drawing all over the walls of his grandmothers room in front of the mother who did nothing. Someone told her to control her child and she called that person a b----. According to the mother she allows precious to do what ever he wants. Doesn't she realize she's raising a future ahole? Some people just shouldn't reproduce!

Old 07-13-2012, 10:55 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,424,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
I work at a quirky little hospital filled with eccentric personalities and crazy family members. I can understand the young male patient with a sex toy and being flagrant about his physical needs, but what I saw yesterday at work takes the cake. There was this three year old monster with a magic marker drawing all over the walls of his grandmothers room in front of the mother who did nothing. Someone told her to control her child and she called that person a b----. According to the mother she allows precious to do what ever he wants. Doesn't she realize she's raising a future ahole? Some people just shouldn't reproduce!
Gawd help us all. What the future holds I don't know.

I watched a telly programme last night that conducted a very interesting experiment. Governments all say that people are going to have to work longer in the future. Some predict well into the seventies. The programme took half a dozen people well into their seventies, and put them back in full time jobs for two weeks to see how they coped. At the same time some young people were also given jobs. They had been unemployed, or had never had a job at all. Some of the old people did better than others, but all stuck it out for the two weeks, not late for work on any of the days. The young people astonished me. One only completed one day, two more went sick on the second day. They had no work ethic at all. I really worry for the future of my country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics