Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2012, 06:02 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,878,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudcaro View Post
I am mad at our electricity provider. Long story, but they are driving me crazy! It's been a whole week and they just can't give good answers!
In issue similar to this, I will always say "I don't understand, please refer this to a supervisor and have him/her call me back with an answer". Then if they call, I'll ask them to "please escalate this problem to someone who can provide a reasonable answer". It works most of the time and they get tired of having someone call me. lol

Old 12-20-2012, 06:04 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
americans seem to think that banning assault rifles will make schools safe.
1/3 of 2ndary kids know or know of somebody that brought a gun to school recently.
bullying and thug behavior is rampant in schools why do they say gun legislation will make schools safe.

Old 12-21-2012, 10:44 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,591,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
This time of year everyone is busy with lots to do, however it’s the time of year (in the past) that I was able to donate blood to the red cross and help others in need. Unfortunately I started having some issues with my blood count and they would not allow my donations being a one or two points lower on the red count. It was unfortunate that something in my body changed and wouldn’t allow my counts to raise high enough to make their bench mark; I always liked donating whole blood or platelets when time permitted. It simply was a gift that helped others so much, and I miss not doing it at this time of year more than the others.

------>>>If you can, go donate blood ~ help someone in need this time of year!
Nice to hear something positive.

I donated money to the local Salvation Army. There are many many homeless, even in wal-mart parking lot. And its 35 degrees w.snow here.

Old 12-22-2012, 07:21 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,389,075 times
Just a minor peeve, lol. I've been trying to find Season's Greetings and Happy Holiday Images for my friends who don't celebrate Christmas. Why do those images have Christmas trees, Santa Claus, and Christmas Ornaments? Grr!!!! It shouldn't be so hard to find a nice generic greeting without being inundated by religion

So to my friends who don't celebrate Christmas I'm sorry your greeting may not match your beliefs. I tried

Old 12-22-2012, 08:14 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,250,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Just a minor peeve, lol. I've been trying to find Season's Greetings and Happy Holiday Images for my friends who don't celebrate Christmas. Why do those images have Christmas trees, Santa Claus, and Christmas Ornaments? Grr!!!! It shouldn't be so hard to find a nice generic greeting without being inundated by religion

So to my friends who don't celebrate Christmas I'm sorry your greeting may not match your beliefs. I tried
You're right. Hard to find one without a Santa or Christmas tree, gifts or ornaments even though it says Happy Holidays. This page has a cute Happy Holidays doggie: happy holidays animated photos, happy holidays animated pictures, happy holidays animated images | Photobucket

Old 12-22-2012, 11:48 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,016,954 times
Quote:

I have the opposite issue ... Can't find any Christmas themed ones that doesn't involved Santa or the generic "Happy Holidays"

Old 12-22-2012, 11:49 AM

So I decided to visit Universal Studios yesterday and, although I had fun, I brought home a souvenir - Twisted ankle I gotta figure out how I'm going to get to the doctors to check it out... The good thing about the timing is that I'm off until the 2nd but I did not wish to spend my holidays alone and couped up in my apartment ... I pray that it heals fast as I need my feet to get around via mass transit.

Old 12-22-2012, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
I have the opposite issue ... Can't find any Christmas themed ones that doesn't involved Santa or the generic "Happy Holidays"

Wow...really? There are tons and that was just a quick look.

merry christmas - Google Search

Quote:
So I decided to visit Universal Studios yesterday and, although I had fun, I brought home a souvenir - Twisted ankle I gotta figure out how I'm going to get to the doctors to check it out... The good thing about the timing is that I'm off until the 2nd but I did not wish to spend my holidays alone and couped up in my apartment ... I pray that it heals fast as I need my feet to get around via mass transit.
Get well!!!

Old 12-22-2012, 12:22 PM

Quote:
I'm talking about the Christmas cards in the stores here in California. You might find more religious-based cards in Tennessee as it is in the South than you would in more secularized California.

Old 12-22-2012, 01:15 PM

Quote:
I'm talking about the Christmas cards in the stores here in California. You might find more religious-based cards in Tennessee as it is in the South than you would in more secularized California.
Ahh!!! maybe you can check online for next year

Christian Christmas Cards - Christianbook.com

Amazon.com: Madonna & Child At Rest Religious Christmas Cards -: Everything Else

I still had cards from last year so I didn't have to buy any for this year, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics