Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2010, 09:28 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,134,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8palmtrees View Post
Wisdom teeth, what in the hell is the purose of those things???111
To extract money from our wallets. Sorry couldn't resist.

Old 02-25-2010, 09:31 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,255,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
To extract money from our wallets. Sorry couldn't resist.
LOL love it!

Old 02-25-2010, 09:48 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,268,605 times
I have a bad nose job that I got in 2005 that has destroyed what little looks I had and ruined my self confidence. I am not vain; I got the surgery because I am 5'1" and weigh what I weighed as a teenager. A big bulbous over projected nose is not a great look when you are over 30 and wear a size 0. Anyway, I have a good friend, or he was a good friend, who has used the situation to humiliate me. He was against the surgery and thought I should accept being ugly. He goes out of his way to remind me that how unattractive I am. I can't afford a revision and will probably have to end the friendship, which will leave me more or less friendless.

Old 02-25-2010, 10:28 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,255,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post
I have a bad nose job that I got in 2005 that has destroyed what little looks I had and ruined my self confidence. I am not vain; I got the surgery because I am 5'1" and weigh what I weighed as a teenager. A big bulbous over projected nose is not a great look when you are over 30 and wear a size 0. Anyway, I have a good friend, or he was a good friend, who has used the situation to humiliate me. He was against the surgery and thought I should accept being ugly. He goes out of his way to remind me that how unattractive I am. I can't afford a revision and will probably have to end the friendship, which will leave me more or less friendless.
Sweetie, with friends like that, its better to be friendless..what a crock..You need to find some small things that you like about yourself. there ARE things. There are probably a lot of things about you that are great that others see that you don't. Beauty truly comes from the inside..Please try to love yourself, until you do, you are going to feel this way..please vent anytime, and YOU do count

Old 02-26-2010, 07:38 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,786,618 times
Quote:
I can't afford a revision and will probably have to end the friendship, which will leave me more or less friendless.
You're not going to lose much with someone like that!

People generally humiliate others because they don’t want anyone to focus on their own failures and inadequacies.

Old 02-26-2010, 08:20 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,309,138 times
Quote:
I am afraid he was never a friend to begin with. A real friend does not humiliate you. They should support you no matter what. Even if he did not agree with your decision, it was still yours to make.

Friends build you up...they don't knock you down. Get out there are find some true ones! Good luck to you!

Old 02-26-2010, 08:23 AM

7,572 posts, read 8,990,688 times
Quote:
You've heard the saying: "With a friend like that, who needs an enemy?" Label this person as toxic and change your focus elsewhere. You never know where a real friend might be.

Old 02-26-2010, 11:15 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,291,942 times
I am going to vent about men today. Respectfully of course. Ur gender can be so shallow... I go to the gym all natural ready to workout. I am not there to pick up. I have a job to do and I do it. I know when I arrive I don't look like a beauty queen, but I am friendly, polite and a human being to all. Well I had to leave all dressed up, make up hair and really nice attire. I come out and the attendant at the door engages me in polite conversation after his mouth closes upon seeing me dressed for my other life. He has seen me a thousand times and said nothing. Another man who is indifferent to me and may even look the other way so he won't have to say good morning opens the door for me and says have a nice day. I am the same person- just gussied up a little. I don't care how u look. I speak to u. I hold the door and encourage u in ur workout even if ur bottom is bigger than mine and ur old and gray. Men r so shallow...

Old 02-26-2010, 01:43 PM

3,968 posts, read 8,472,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8palmtrees View Post
Wisdom teeth, what in the hell is the purose of those things???111
So far, I've been wise enough not to get any.

Old 02-27-2010, 04:29 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,291,942 times
I am going to vent about a very rude women I told off in the movies last night. She kept talking, so I asked her if she mind and of course she did mind. I said she should shut her mouth- yes it was very uncharacteristic for me to respond in this way and the situation could have gone very badly. I ending of leaving and looking her in the face and tell her she's a rude female dog. I don't know what came over me. I am typically more cautious and mature than that. People r crazy and u never know what they might do. Of course I have been working out and I think in a fair fight I could at least hold my own, but I despise that kind of a thing. I would never fight... I am not sure if I am venting about her bad behavior or my inappropriate response. However, I am venting....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics