Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2010, 12:58 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times

Advertisements

RTech-something sounds "fishy"-they are now changing ours constantly thru our MO and some generics do not cut it.

Old 03-01-2010, 01:06 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,883,423 times
I would check medications online to see if “other” MO pharmacies might be able to provide the product. Once you find someone online that could supply the product you’ll want to use a phone call to verify that they have it “in stock” and can ship it.

Old 03-01-2010, 02:03 PM

36,420 posts, read 16,030,417 times
Ok so I am working, taking care of a client who has a dr's appt today, (wasn't told ahead of time), his Dad takes him, so I run a few errands and come back. I have been here for an hour waiting. His appt (local) was at 2:30, it is 4 now, I've been here since 3. I guess, you know, I should have just gotten off at 2 when they left since the Dad can take care of him, or, he should call me, being it is so late. I don't know. Plus I get off at 5, which if they get home now, I will barely have enough time to feed him. (long story)

I feel like I'm on call. Once again, people who don't consider other people's feelings. Just irritated, that's all

Old 03-01-2010, 04:48 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasmtairy View Post
AK, I have never shown my SS card to anyone, ever. For a passport I used my birth certificate.

This is North Carolina, it was for a nursing assistant state exam and yes, when I got home and looked online, I saw where it said no laminated SS cards.

Why in the world they would want that for identification, I don't know except for illegals, but they all have SS cards anyway, they just aren't real. They did not look up anything when we showed identification, they just looked at the driver's license and SS card. You could also use Military ID in lieu of SS card.
I think it's a CYA thing. If it looks like areal SS card, fine. Hire the person. If it doesn't, I think it's time to call someone. Who??? I have absolutely no idea.

Quote:
With all of the other things on the label we are suppose to be looking at, I forgot about Exp. dates
Not me. It's the 1st thing I check and I even have DH doing it now!

Quote:
Ok so I am working, taking care of a client who has a dr's appt today, (wasn't told ahead of time), his Dad takes him, so I run a few errands and come back. I have been here for an hour waiting. His appt (local) was at 2:30, it is 4 now, I've been here since 3. I guess, you know, I should have just gotten off at 2 when they left since the Dad can take care of him, or, he should call me, being it is so late. I don't know. Plus I get off at 5, which if they get home now, I will barely have enough time to feed him. (long story)

I feel like I'm on call. Once again, people who don't consider other people's feelings. Just irritated, that's all
That's just wrong.

Old 03-01-2010, 05:02 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,394,464 times
tas- Sorry you've been having a rough few days. Things will get better.

Old 03-02-2010, 10:20 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,328,000 times
Drugs r all about money. Even the legal ones...

Old 03-02-2010, 03:10 PM

2,699 posts, read 2,411,115 times
  • In my English class, we're doing this assignment in which we create our own review for a movie that contains irony in its plot. The assignment is 100 points, and it's due on March 17th. I'm just afraid that I'll mess up on it because I've never done an assignment like this before. My spring break is coming up, too; however, that doesn't begin until the twenty-third or twenty fourth of March.
  • We're making masks in my art class. The assignment is due this Friday. We have to use paper mache to glue on paper towels over it. I'm almost completely finished with that; however, we still have to do the photo mosaic part in which we use colored paper from a magazine to create designs on the mask.....I have three days to do that.
  • I have an account on a gaming website called GameSpot. I make many blogs in my profile. I had an account on a website called The Foreign Grounds that I terminated because of an argument I got into with some users in two threads that dealt with a comment I made. Now, in my GameSpot blogs, there are users from that site harassing me and making rude comments. They're also giving a thumbs down to all of my GameSpot friends making comments in my blog. From now on, every time one of those douche bags make rude comments on my blogs, I'm going to report them to the moderator. I'm not going to put up with their crap!
  • My house is mildly messy right now. I want to clean it, but I'm too lazy right now.
  • My teeth have been in bad shape for a long time due to laziness. I'm going to have a dentist appointment in April, and I'm afraid that the dentist is going to gripe because I haven't been flossing. I'm too lazy to floss! However, after the appointment, I really want to start caring for my teeth because they're the only set I have.
  • My perfectionism at gaming, enough said. Oh, wait...that's not enough said. I was showing my mom on how I'm a perfectionist at using the computer (don't ask), and we eventually came to the conclusion that I could possibly have obsessive-compulsive personality disorder after she mentioned that my perfectionist tendencies on the computer seemed like obsessive-compulsive disorder. We read about obsessive-compulsive personality disorder on Wikipedia, and some symptoms seemed to be manifested in me. Perfectionist behaviors and the desire for cleanliness were the ones most prominent. (It's somewhat ironic that I feel too lazy to clean my house more, doesn't it? I'm just tired from school.) Nonetheless, my perfectionism at both using the computer and gaming is REALLY annoying! Oh yeah, and so is getting killed by a grenade in Call of Duty: World at War!
  • My mediocre social skills, enough said
  • High school in general
  • I'm getting too little sleep...as usual.
  • I have to wake up at 6:00 A.M. for five days of the week for nine months (on average)...I can't wait till Spring break. I guess this would belong in the "high school in general" category.
  • The fact that I don't fit in anywhere...anywhere...ANYWHERE! Are you reading this correctly? I don't fit in ANYWHERE! I don't have a niche in high school (and society). I feel so different from everyone else.

Old 03-02-2010, 08:39 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,188,315 times
Maybe you should step away from the computer until you get your life things in order reckon? Being on the computer is taking away from the time to do your assignments. Being on the computer is taking away your ability to meet people in your school or town. Being on the computer takes away from time to sleep, eat, school, socialize. Maybe not playing such violent games online they might desensitize you to real life? You need to find a happy medium good luck.

Old 03-02-2010, 08:57 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,875 times
Jax, great reply to City Data guy...only in High School..oh boy..have you got a long life ahead of you and you need to STEP AWAY FROM THE PUTER and get OUT in the world..Enjoy your last part of high school. Sounds like you are extremeley addicted to gaming and the internet in general..

If you were my son, I would take that computer away fella....if you can't learn to socialize with REAL PEOPLE now it's not going to happen and that is going to be miserable for you.

And start flossing NOW before you go to the dentist, don't wait. Whats the point of that.

Can ya'll tell I'm a mom of sons..

Good luck young man..

Old 03-03-2010, 11:30 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,883,423 times
I’ve must return to the hardware store for more items needed for some repair work at home. I started a small project, figured out what I needed, went to a couple of stores to find the items, bought what I needed and now I’ve got to go back and pickup a few more items to complete the work. I dislike shopping and hate bigbox stores.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics